Best Award Winning Coffee in 2020 – Top Products Reviewed
- 1 Best Award Winning Coffee in 2020 – Top Products Reviewed
- 1.1 Best Award Winning Coffees
- 1.1.1 Café de Loja AWARD-WINNING Specialty Coffee Beans Medium/Dark Roast (2 Lbs Bag) - 6398ft. High Altitude Single Origin Organic Coffee- Best Arabica Whole Bean Coffee For Espresso, Drip and more
- 1.1.2 Kicking Horse Coffee, Smart Ass, Medium Roast, Whole Bean, 10 Oz - Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee
- 1.1.3 Award Winning Abbey Roast Brazilian Coffee, 100% Arabica, freshly roasted, whole bean - 5lb..
- 1.1.4 2LB Cafe Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic Gourmet Coffee - Medium Dark Roast - Whole Bean Coffee - USDA Organic Certified Arabica Coffee by CCOF - (2 lb) Bag
- 1.1.5 Portland Roasting Organic Dark Sumatra Whole Bean Coffee - USDA Certified - Carbon Neutral and Award Winning Roasters, 1 12oz. Bag
- 1.1.6 Valhalla Java Whole Bean Coffee by Death Wish Coffee Company, Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic - 12 Ounce Bag
- 1.1.7 Kivubelt Coffee - Farm to Cup - Rwandan Specialty Coffee - Premium Quality Arabica Specialty Coffee directly from the award winning Kivubelt Coffee Farm in Rwanda - 16 Ounce Whole Bean Coffee …
- 1.1.8 2 Lbs, Unroasted Green Coffee Beans, Single Origin, Specialty Grade, Brazilian Award Winning Grower , Imported Direct from Coffee Producer
- 1.1.9 Manny’s Brew Hawaiian Coffee – 8 Ounce Medium Roast Authentic Whole Bean Coffee – Award-Winning Hawaiian Grower’s Choice – Smooth, Intense Flavors with Citrus, Sandalwood and Milk Chocolate Notes
- 1.1.10 Real Good Coffee Co Whole Bean Coffee, Donut Shop Medium Roast Coffee Beans, 2 Pound Bag
- 1.2 Award Winning Coffees
- 1.3 Additional Products to View
- 1.1 Best Award Winning Coffees
A lot of coffee roasters or regions have awards attached to their brands. Farmers also place their best coffees to competitions in the local, regional and even international level. Most awards give gold, silver and even bronze medals for the best tasting coffee cup. Here’s our list of award winning coffees!
Best Award Winning Coffees
Café de Loja AWARD-WINNING Specialty Coffee Beans Medium/Dark Roast (2 Lbs Bag) - 6398ft. High Altitude Single Origin Organic Coffee- Best Arabica Whole Bean Coffee For Espresso, Drip and more
- COMPLEX FLAVOR YOU WILL LOVE - 100% Arabica Whole Bean Coffee with a Medium to full body has a deep fruity flavor. Perfect for all brewing methods including Pour Over, French Press, Espresso Machine, Turkish, Cold Brew or a Traditional Drip Coffee Maker
- NO BITTER AFTERTASTE - Our coffee is roasted perfectly to bring out the natural flavors of the bean, without over roasting/burning the bean avoiding the dreaded bitter aftertaste.
- HIGH ALTITUDE, HIGH FLAVOR COFFEE - Grown at 6233 feet above sea level, our coffee beans are dense and flavorful, just the right amount of acidity to give it a fresh crisp taste and keep a smooth flavor
- FRESH ARRIVAL GUARANTEE - Oxygen is the enemy of freshness, and our triple layered aluminium packaging keeps oxygen out. If your bag tastes stale, contact us within 7 days of arrival and we’ll replace it.
- CONSISTENT FLAVOR - Our roasting process is a mix of traditional cupping by master roasters combined with scientific sampling with a roast profile to ensure each batch maintains the same consistent flavor you’ve grown accustomed to.
Kicking Horse Coffee, Smart Ass, Medium Roast, Whole Bean, 10 Oz - Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee
- Medium roast, whole bean: Cheeky, bright, precocious. A bright, chocolaty concoction for the smart-thinking, deep-drinking, good-at-their-game-in-the-morning crowd.
- Tasting notes, brew method: Tart red currant, notes of sugar cane and milk chocolate, with a honeyed berry body. Recommended methods: French press, drip machine, pour over, espresso and cold brew.
- Origin Africa, Central & South America: Grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way, by farmers with sustainable businesses they can depend on.
- Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher, Shade Grown, Arabica coffee: Coffee that is good and fair for the coffee drinkers, the farmers and the planet. 100 % certified.
- Roasted in the rocky mountains: It’s all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right below the towering Canadian Rocky Mountain peaks.
Award Winning Abbey Roast Brazilian Coffee, 100% Arabica, freshly roasted, whole bean - 5lb..
- Award Winning!
- FREE SHIPPING!
- Freshly Roasted for the best taste possible.
- Custom artisan roasted by the Monks of Our Lady of Guadalupe Monastery
2LB Cafe Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic Gourmet Coffee - Medium Dark Roast - Whole Bean Coffee - USDA Organic Certified Arabica Coffee by CCOF - (2 lb) Bag
- Certified Organic by CCOF - 100% Arabica Coffee - GMO Free
- 2LB - Whole Bean - Medium-Dark Roast
- Rich and chocolaty with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity
- Origin: Honduras, Sharing Certified Program
- For optimum freshness and quality, only purchase Subtle Earth Coffee from Burke Brands LLC
Portland Roasting Organic Dark Sumatra Whole Bean Coffee - USDA Certified - Carbon Neutral and Award Winning Roasters, 1 12oz. Bag
Valhalla Java Whole Bean Coffee by Death Wish Coffee Company, Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic - 12 Ounce Bag
- Harness the power of Odin with this masterful artisan roast
- Our coffee beans are specifically selected and expertly roasted to provide an ultra-strong coffee that is bold and smooth
- Drink your coffee with pride knowing that our beans are Fair Trade and USDA Certified Organic
- Brew a pot at work or at home and taste the difference. You will never want "store-bought" coffee again
- TRY IT RISK-FREE: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and be the judge. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked
Kivubelt Coffee - Farm to Cup - Rwandan Specialty Coffee - Premium Quality Arabica Specialty Coffee directly from the award winning Kivubelt Coffee Farm in Rwanda - 16 Ounce Whole Bean Coffee …
- From the Farm to Cup
- Kivubelt Coffee is 100% pure high quality Arabica Speciality Coffee grown on the shores of lake Kivu in Rwanda
- he high evaluation, the humid equatorial mist from the lake Kivu, and the rich volcanic soils emanating from the Virunga volcanoes create an ideal terroir for this unique and award winning coffee bean
- Light dark roast with a mild finish, excellent for espresso, latte, cappucino, but also filter, drip coffee and french press
2 Lbs, Unroasted Green Coffee Beans, Single Origin, Specialty Grade, Brazilian Award Winning Grower , Imported Direct from Coffee Producer
- From a recent harvest at Fazenda Cachoeira da Grama, family farmed and operated since 1890.
- Specialty, Award winning, dried beneath sun until the beans reach 11% humidity, scores 83-84.
- Quality beans produced by dedication and care during all production stages, from the selection of the nursery trees and plantation, to harvesting and processing.
- Certified BSCA and Rain Forest Alliance Certified, and audited yearly.
- Cupping Notes: Fine, Citric acidity, Full bodied, Chocolate, Nuts, Berries, Clean aftertaste.
Manny’s Brew Hawaiian Coffee – 8 Ounce Medium Roast Authentic Whole Bean Coffee – Award-Winning Hawaiian Grower’s Choice – Smooth, Intense Flavors with Citrus, Sandalwood and Milk Chocolate Notes
- WHAT YOU NEED: As a self-respecting coffee connoisseur, you surely understand the importance of using premium coffee beans in order to enjoy the complete experience. When it comes to medium roast coffee, Manny’s Brew is the perfect solution!
- AWARD WINNING BLEND: Manny’s Brew medium roast coffee enjoys worldwide recognition for its splendid aroma and texture, being the 2-time award winner of Hawaiian Grower’s Choice and AVPA award winner in France, for the category of Soft Aromatic Coffees.
- UNIQUE BLEND: Made from 5 varieties of coffee trees grown on the Hilo side of the Big Island in “Hawaii District”, this Hawaiian coffee provides a unique coffee drinking experience, making you fall in love instantly with its authenticity!
- FLAVOR NOTES: This whole bean coffee enjoys a citrus note, with subtle sandalwood and milk chocolate flavors, combined in a spectacular taste only true connoisseurs will appreciate. With a rich, smooth texture and a long-lasting after-taste, this Hawaiian roast coffee is definitely a must for your collection!
- SAFE PACKAGING: Unlike similar products on the market, our hand selected roast coffee comes in a safe packaging with Hawaii seal of quality, making sure your coffee arrives without losing its intense aroma. The 8oz pack comes with a convenient price, ideal for home use or cafes, restaurants and hotels!
Real Good Coffee Co Whole Bean Coffee, Donut Shop Medium Roast Coffee Beans, 2 Pound Bag
- Medium Roast Coffee: Our Donut Shop whole bean coffee has a classic sweet and smooth flavor, perfect as your morning coffee, and for drinking all day long
- Sustainable Medium Roast Coffee Beans: Our coffee is made with premium quality Arabica coffee beans from Central and South America. They are grown, sourced and packaged responsibly, after being roasted fresh in Seattle, USA
- Tasting Notes: Our Donut Shop coffee features the flavors of brown sugar and hazelnut, with a hint of plum for a little sweetness
- Works With All Coffee Brewers: Our medium roast whole bean coffee is suitable for any good coffee machine: drip machines, espresso maker, French press, Aeropress, pour over and moka pot
- Real Good Coffee Co: With over 30 years’ experience of coffee sourcing and craft roasting in Seattle, we make coffee, real good coffee, it’s that simple
Award Winning Coffees
Award categories can differ from one award to the other for instance best roaster coffees in the world, best single origin coffees or even the best coffee based on states.
For instance a competition depending on countries, the counties wanting to participate place their best coffees from the best crops for competition. If a certain country’s coffee wins it usually means that countries coffee can become popular with many people wanting to taste the award winning special. Most of the time implies that the market for this country’s coffee sprout toward succession if the country continue offering such great products (Awards markets the coffees positively).
A general procedure for coffee awarding process
1. The roasters (or farmers/even regions) are invited for coffee competitions for specific or general categories. Sometime a fee is usually paid to enter such award competition.
2. Participators coffees are sent to the competitions mostly in coded packages such that the judges are not able to identify individual coffees origin.
3. All this coffees are then prepared using particular recipes and then passed to judges for tasting who give award individual scores for each coffee. The brewing method may be French press, filter, and espresso among others.
4. After this the scores for each coffee are put together to determine the winner of the competition. As any other competition gold medal is awarded to the number one coffee.
In some competition a score is set for the gold winning coffee where at times no coffee reaches this score and others several coffees do. It all depends with how a competition is organized. Gold medals do not always mean being the best scorer in a competition.
Award winning coffees can belong to several levels for instance; national level, world level and regional level. Some major countries like the US and Australia organize competitions which are often considered as international.
Some Famous Coffee Awards
America good foods (GFA) Awards
This is a competition to choose drink and food crafters who really qualify and put more effort in demonstrating and developing authentic, quality, and tasty and also products which represent responsibility. These awards include coffee roasters who want to demonstrate their effort in delivering quality coffees from different producers.
The winners are usually selected using flavor properties like clean, sweet, balanced acidity, good developed body and aromatic quality and properties. For the farmers and roasters to get entrance to these awards, they must demonstrate transparency and fairness all the way from the coffee bean to the final cup. This foundation also acts as 3rd party in the certification of coffees and helps identify eligible beans across contents for consideration.
Some of the coffees that come at top in the 2018 yearly awards include: Compelling coffee- Ethiopian Banko Gotiti, California, Blueprint coffees, Ethiopian Hambela from Missouri, Yirgacheffe natural again Ethiopian coffee from Washington Vashon coffee co. and many other Ethiopian coffees roasted in United States roasters. The total winners were fifteen all coffees with Ethiopian origin. This just demonstrates how great the Ethiopian coffee is.
There are about three international and well known coffee awards in Australia.
1. Royal society of agriculture NSW (RAS) – this is held just before Sydney show of royal Easter.
2. (AICA) International Australian coffee awards which is held before international Melbourne coffee Expo
3. Golden Bean which is organized as portion of Golden Bean industrial conference.
From all this awards, gold, silver and bronze is given according to the cup marks in terms of flavor and aroma. This cups can be brewed into categories of blend espresso, single origin espresso, milk flavored coffee, filtered coffee among others. AICA competition is usually participated by specialty good quality coffees while the RAS mostly attract coffee styles such as lower acid and dark roasted coffees. The specialty of the competition depends on the organization background which prepares such competition and also the judges invited to award scores to the coffees.
Type of competitors entering competitions
1. People who have less knowledge on competition platforms
This is the type of roasters who put all the coffees they have in every category that is possible. Most of the times, such competitors bring confusion to those awarding the scores. Note that the coffee might not be bad quality actually but put in wrong categories. Take a scenario where a high-grown dense coffee is put in light roast competition rather than a dark roast (dense bold coffee do well on dark roasting). Another scenario is giving a coffee which can do well as cold brew for espresso, or good coffee for immersion brewing for dripping category. It is obvious that some coffees do well in some brewing and roasting methods than others.
2. Roasters who got good coffees and have tested them for the different categories on competition scene
This is competitors who have done tasting for their coffees and actually decided the beast for each category. For instance, the company may have this great coffee that is very suitable for brewing with sugar and condensed milk and at the same time make a good filtered black coffee. In the competition a single coffee may win award in two categories either gold, silver or the Bronze Medal.
3. The other type of competitor is these roasters who want to be the top winner in a competition and thus samples all their coffees to get the very best. The best coffee is then roasted to the specifications. For instance a roasting company may contain the rare and much flavored coffees in the world like Gesha variety. The taste is very unique and the coffee can just be amazing more than any other sample.
Note that it is not every one else who join a coffee competition. It is also important that a certain coffee being sampled by different judges and emerges the best means that this coffee is deliciously flavored and really stand out among all the others.
European coffee awards
One of the popular European coffee awards is the coffee European award. Some of the 2017 winners are espresso house, Starbucks, caffe Nero and costa coffee companies among others. Other awards are queens enterprise, great taste and Feefo trusted awards.
Other award winning coffees
1. Danes specialty in Australia south wales (new) – this is a roaster committed to getting the best coffees roasting them, retailing and then wholesaling the coffees. Danes is one of the Australian award winning roasters.
2. Roast things- this is a coffee roaster based in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and the company specializes in roasting the specialty coffees. They source good, authentic, delicious, colorful and quality coffee beans all the way from farming.
3. Colombia Castillo- this is a bean roaster in the capital of Australia. This combines the most distinct blends of dark wine, pineapple, chocolate, high cocoa and is really a good rich flavor coffee. The coffee is characterized by composite flavor, full bodied, rum cherries, dark fruit, high chocolate and cocoa finish and Shiraz.
4. Cream an espresso champion- this is a blend prepared by roast things roasting company in Malaysia. It is much flavored and is blend from Ethiopia and Guatemala some of the beast coffees. This coffee is black providing some black tea with juicy orange and sweet flavor.
5. Mocha gold- champion for milk brewing and made by Dane specialty. It is thick and black with juicy undertones and complex rich flavor with chocolate, cocoa and spicy notes. It is very smooth with intense flavor of chocolate with malt and velvet undertones and well finished.
6. (Kochere) Ethiopian yirgacheffe- made by New Zealand chiasso coffee ltd. the coffee is high end from the source. Yirgacheffe coffee is popular and has won a lot of awards.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Award Winning Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-02-22.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.