Award Winning Coffee
A lot of coffee roasters or regions have awards attached to their brands. Farmers also place their best coffees to competitions in the local, regional and even international level. Most awards give gold, silver and even bronze medals for the best tasting coffee cup. Here’s our list of award winning coffees!
Top Award Winning Coffees
Organic Whole Bean Coffee, Award Winning Australian finest -Wild Timor Coffee, Wild Grown -Direct trade from Timor-Leste, 200g (0.44 lb) bean bag
- Wild Timor Coffee uses 'Unique', wild organic coffee beans from Timor Leste (East Timor). It is dark roasted in Melbourne Australia to produce an amazing, 'Premium' Australian Coffee. Wild Timor Coffee scored a Bronze Award in 'The Golden Bean Coffee Awards'. It's a perfect choice, for the true coffee lover.
- It is organically processed, with no use of harsh fertilizers, pesticides and chemicals.
- This very special coffee grows naturally wild under the jungle canopies in the high mountain regions of Ailleu and Maubisse. It is a result of two different species (Arabica and Robusta) breeding in a freak of nature, to create a unique coffee bean called "Hybrid de Timor". It has the sweetness and mouthfeel of Arabica with the strength of a Robusta.
- Sourced organic, ethical and 'Direct Trade' coffee ('Direct Trade' allows higher prices to be paid to farmers for their crops, than the 'Fair Trade' model). By purchasing this coffee you are helping the disadvantaged farmers of East Timor, and helping to provide infrastructure projects to the local community.
- Try it Risk-Free: Click the "Add to Cart" button now and be the judge. If you don't love our coffee, we'll refund your order, no questions asked.
San Franscisco Bay Coffee, Fog Chaser- Whole Bean, 2-Pound (32 oz.)
- A blend of our favorite coffees to chase away the morning fog
- Unique custom blend, exotic regional coffee, and single estate coffee
- Inspected repeatedly before, during and after roasting to make sure all is right every step of the way
- Environmentally and socially responsible gourmet coffee
- Grown responsibly and Fairly Traded coffee
Ghirardelli Hot Cocoa, Premium Indulgence, 1.5-Ounce Envelopes, 15-Count
- Deep flavor of Ghirardelli Double Chocolate
- Simply add hot water for a delicious, foolproof cup of hot cocoa
- We hand-select the world's finest cocoa beans to create our proprietary bean blend and roast them to perfection then we slow-blend in the purest ingredients, to achieve our award-winning distinctively intense chocolate
- Makes a great gift for any chocolate lover
- Made in USA
2LB Cafe Don Pablo Gourmet Coffee Colombian Supremo - Medium-Dark Roast Coffee - Whole Bean Coffee - 2 Pound ( 2 lb ) Bag
- FREE Shipping on orders over $49
- 2LB - Whole Bean - 100% Arabica
- Sweet, bright, rich, and full-bodied. Don Pablo knows Colombia and he knows where to find the best Supremo. This Café style roast brings out the flavor and aroma of these exceptional beans.
- At Café Don PabloTM we feel that our coffee is the finest available. We use only the largest, most desirable Arabica beans, grown in nutrient-rich volcanic soil in the lush mountainous terrain of the world's coffee growing regions. These are award-winning beans that were cultivated by skilled farmers whose methods, knowledge, and passion for coffee have been handed down from generation to generation since the very first seed was planted.
- We roast these special beans in small batches to ensure our customers optimum flavor and freshness. We have found that people who really appreciate a great cup of rich, aromatic coffee can taste the difference between our fresh, just roasted product, and others that are roasted by the metric ton by huge corporations. We hope you agree. - Darron J. Burke President, Cafe Don Pablo
Bean Box - World Coffee Tour
- Free Shipping, Ships Freshly-Roasted, Amazing Service, Makes a Great Coffee Gift
- 4 handpicked gourmet single origin coffees
- Support Seattle's small-batch roasting community
- Freshness guaranteed
- Nearly a half pound (4, 1.8 ounce bags) of whole bean coffee, tasting notes, and roaster profiles
RISE Brewing Co. | Original Black Nitro Cold Brew Coffee (12 7 fl. oz. Cans) - Sugar, Gluten & Dairy Free | Organic, Non-GMO Ingredients | Clean Energy, Low Acidity, & Naturally Sweet | 0 Calories
- CLEAN ENERGY - RISE Original Black Nitro Cold Brew Coffee contains 200mg (~2 espresso shots) of naturally occurring caffeine, providing a long-lasting, great-tasting, additive-free boost.
- FROTHY CASCADE - tired of nitro coffees that don't cascade? Ours delivers a signature "whoosh" and the velvety, rich texture true connoisseurs desire.
- HIGHEST QUALITY - our award-winning coffee starts by cold brewing FAIR-TRADE, ORGANIC beans from Peru. It makes RISE 80% less acidic than conventional hot brew.
- DIET FRIENDLY - sugar-free, dairy-free and 0 calories, RISE Original Black is loved by followers of paleo, vegan, keto, low-acid and raw food diets.
- CONVENIENT - perfect grab and go option for those in a hurry. SHELF-STABLE. Enjoy straight from the environmentally-friendly, recyclable can or over ice, with cocktails, or mixed into shakes and smoothies.
Mountain Thunder Coffee Plantation Award-Winning, Premium 100% Kona Kool Kold Brew Coffee - Cold Brew, Coarse Ground (1 pound)
- Kold Brew is 100% premium Kona coffee, ground course for maximum flavor and increased health benefits
- Dark, rich roast has a smooth, bold flavor and can be enjoyed straight, on the rocks, diluted with water, and/or with cream and sugar
- Easy to make, simply add 16 tablespoons to filter pouch or directly into the water, steep in the refrigerator for 24 hours, remove grounds or filter bag and enjoy
- Coffee beans are hand-picked, sorted and small batch roasted by a highly experienced Roast Master to maintain optimal flavor and ensure freshness
- This award-winning Kona coffee is superior because of Mountain Thunder's attention to detail while focusing on quality through every step of the process
Koffee Kult - Medium Roast Coffee Beans, Whole Bean Coffee, 32oz
- Fresh medium roasted whole coffee beans, not stale loaded with oil from sitting on the shelf. This is the same gourmet whole bean coffee that we serve in our retail locations. Cupping Notes: big body, balanced medium acidity. with a crisp sweet finish. No oil on beans.
- Koffee Kult is a family owned and operated artisan coffee roaster not a distributor, we roast our coffee, on our machines. You can visit our state of the art roasters that are environmentally friendly in person.
- This Medium Roast whole bean coffee is sourced from from 100% arabica coffee that is well balanced, sweat with a bold flavor but smooth. We do not use any bitter robusta coffee beans
- Taste the difference in your cup! A strong, smooth, well balanced coffee that is great brewed as espresso, cold brew, french press, pour over, and drip coffee.
- Risk Free, you can Add To Cart now, with a no questions asked satisfaction guarantee refund policy. You have nothing to lose.
AmazonFresh Donut Café, 100% Arabica Coffee, Medium Roast, Ground, 32 Ounce
- Rich and balanced with a nutty flavor
- One 32-ounce bag of ground coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Central and South America
- Roasted and packed in the Pacific Northwest
- Shown as serving suggestion
Java Planet - Colombian USDA Organic Coffee Beans, Fair Trade, Low Acid, Medium Dark Roast, Arabica Gourmet Specialty Grade A (1lb)
- 100% SATISFACTION garantee.Simply click ADD TO CART now and order yours today
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! We are Family Owned and Operated. All of our coffees are certified USDA Organic. 100% chemical and pesticide free. GMO free! We care for our customers and deliver the best quality possible.
- QUALITY: We select only the finest Gourmet Organic Arabica Coffee Beans, roasted in small batches to ensure optimum flavor and freshness for the best tasting cup of coffee!
- FLAVOR: A delicious medium dark roast with full body, mild acidity, and big balanced flavor! Packaged in a premium coffee bag to preserve freshness.
- ORIGIN: Columbia. Whole Bean Arabica Coffee. Certified organic by Americert International.Certifed fair trade by Fair Trade USA.
Award Winning Coffees
Award categories can differ from one award to the other for instance best roaster coffees in the world, best single origin coffees or even the best coffee based on states.
For instance a competition depending on countries, the counties wanting to participate place their best coffees from the best crops for competition. If a certain country’s coffee wins it usually means that countries coffee can become popular with many people wanting to taste the award winning special. Most of the time implies that the market for this country’s coffee sprout toward succession if the country continue offering such great products (Awards markets the coffees positively).
A general procedure for coffee awarding process
1. The roasters (or farmers/even regions) are invited for coffee competitions for specific or general categories. Sometime a fee is usually paid to enter such award competition.
2. Participators coffees are sent to the competitions mostly in coded packages such that the judges are not able to identify individual coffees origin.
3. All this coffees are then prepared using particular recipes and then passed to judges for tasting who give award individual scores for each coffee. The brewing method may be French press, filter, and espresso among others.
4. After this the scores for each coffee are put together to determine the winner of the competition. As any other competition gold medal is awarded to the number one coffee.
In some competition a score is set for the gold winning coffee where at times no coffee reaches this score and others several coffees do. It all depends with how a competition is organized. Gold medals do not always mean being the best scorer in a competition.
Award winning coffees can belong to several levels for instance; national level, world level and regional level. Some major countries like the US and Australia organize competitions which are often considered as international.
Some Famous Coffee Awards
America good foods (GFA) Awards
This is a competition to choose drink and food crafters who really qualify and put more effort in demonstrating and developing authentic, quality, and tasty and also products which represent responsibility. These awards include coffee roasters who want to demonstrate their effort in delivering quality coffees from different producers.
The winners are usually selected using flavor properties like clean, sweet, balanced acidity, good developed body and aromatic quality and properties. For the farmers and roasters to get entrance to these awards, they must demonstrate transparency and fairness all the way from the coffee bean to the final cup. This foundation also acts as 3rd party in the certification of coffees and helps identify eligible beans across contents for consideration.
Some of the coffees that come at top in the 2018 yearly awards include: Compelling coffee- Ethiopian Banko Gotiti, California, Blueprint coffees, Ethiopian Hambela from Missouri, Yirgacheffe natural again Ethiopian coffee from Washington Vashon coffee co. and many other Ethiopian coffees roasted in United States roasters. The total winners were fifteen all coffees with Ethiopian origin. This just demonstrates how great the Ethiopian coffee is.
There are about three international and well known coffee awards in Australia.
1. Royal society of agriculture NSW (RAS) – this is held just before Sydney show of royal Easter.
2. (AICA) International Australian coffee awards which is held before international Melbourne coffee Expo
3. Golden Bean which is organized as portion of Golden Bean industrial conference.
From all this awards, gold, silver and bronze is given according to the cup marks in terms of flavor and aroma. This cups can be brewed into categories of blend espresso, single origin espresso, milk flavored coffee, filtered coffee among others. AICA competition is usually participated by specialty good quality coffees while the RAS mostly attract coffee styles such as lower acid and dark roasted coffees. The specialty of the competition depends on the organization background which prepares such competition and also the judges invited to award scores to the coffees.
Type of competitors entering competitions
1. People who have less knowledge on competition platforms
This is the type of roasters who put all the coffees they have in every category that is possible. Most of the times, such competitors bring confusion to those awarding the scores. Note that the coffee might not be bad quality actually but put in wrong categories. Take a scenario where a high-grown dense coffee is put in light roast competition rather than a dark roast (dense bold coffee do well on dark roasting). Another scenario is giving a coffee which can do well as cold brew for espresso, or good coffee for immersion brewing for dripping category. It is obvious that some coffees do well in some brewing and roasting methods than others.
2. Roasters who got good coffees and have tested them for the different categories on competition scene
This is competitors who have done tasting for their coffees and actually decided the beast for each category. For instance, the company may have this great coffee that is very suitable for brewing with sugar and condensed milk and at the same time make a good filtered black coffee. In the competition a single coffee may win award in two categories either gold, silver or the Bronze Medal.
3. The other type of competitor is these roasters who want to be the top winner in a competition and thus samples all their coffees to get the very best. The best coffee is then roasted to the specifications. For instance a roasting company may contain the rare and much flavored coffees in the world like Gesha variety. The taste is very unique and the coffee can just be amazing more than any other sample.
Note that it is not every one else who join a coffee competition. It is also important that a certain coffee being sampled by different judges and emerges the best means that this coffee is deliciously flavored and really stand out among all the others.
European coffee awards
One of the popular European coffee awards is the coffee European award. Some of the 2017 winners are espresso house, Starbucks, caffe Nero and costa coffee companies among others. Other awards are queens enterprise, great taste and Feefo trusted awards.
Other award winning coffees
1. Danes specialty in Australia south wales (new) – this is a roaster committed to getting the best coffees roasting them, retailing and then wholesaling the coffees. Danes is one of the Australian award winning roasters.
2. Roast things- this is a coffee roaster based in Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia and the company specializes in roasting the specialty coffees. They source good, authentic, delicious, colorful and quality coffee beans all the way from farming.
3. Colombia Castillo- this is a bean roaster in the capital of Australia. This combines the most distinct blends of dark wine, pineapple, chocolate, high cocoa and is really a good rich flavor coffee. The coffee is characterized by composite flavor, full bodied, rum cherries, dark fruit, high chocolate and cocoa finish and Shiraz.
4. Cream an espresso champion- this is a blend prepared by roast things roasting company in Malaysia. It is much flavored and is blend from Ethiopia and Guatemala some of the beast coffees. This coffee is black providing some black tea with juicy orange and sweet flavor.
5. Mocha gold- champion for milk brewing and made by Dane specialty. It is thick and black with juicy undertones and complex rich flavor with chocolate, cocoa and spicy notes. It is very smooth with intense flavor of chocolate with malt and velvet undertones and well finished.
6. (Kochere) Ethiopian yirgacheffe- made by New Zealand chiasso coffee ltd. the coffee is high end from the source. Yirgacheffe coffee is popular and has won a lot of awards.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Award Winning Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-06-24