Best Breville Espresso Machines in 2023
- The Breville Barista Express delivers third wave specialty coffee at home using the 4 keys formula and is part of the Barista Series that offers all in one espresso machines with integrated grinder to go from beans to espresso in under one minute.Grind Settings : 16 precision grind settings, Tamping : Manual removable magnetic tamper,.Pressure Gauge : Extraction Feedback pressure gauge. Interface : Simple button control.
- DOSE CONTROL GRINDING: Integrated precision conical burr grinder grinds on demand to deliver the right amount of freshly ground coffee directly into the portafilter for your preferred taste with any roast of bean
- OPTIMAL WATER PRESSURE: Low pressure pre-infusion gradually increases pressure at the start and helps ensure all the flavors are drawn out evenly during the extraction for a balanced tasting cup
- PRECISE ESPRESSO EXTRACTION: Digital temperature control (PID) delivers water at precisely the right temperature, ensuring optimal espresso extraction
- MANUAL MICROFOAM MILK TEXTURING: The powerful steam wand performance allows you to hand texture microfoam milk that enhances flavor and enables creation of latte art
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Please refer to user guide or user manual or user guide (provided below in PDF) before first use
- Stainless steel conical burrs designed to minimize grinding heat and protect the essential oils in the coffee bean
- 60 precise grind settings from the finest Espresso to the coarsest French Press Grind. Voltage: 110 120 Volts. Power: 165 Watts
- Precision Electronic Timer allows users to adjust grind time in 0.2 second increments and consistent dose every time
- 18 ounce coffee bean capacity with locking system for easy removal, storage, and transfer of the bean hopper
- Grind directly into portafilter, grinds container, gold tone filter basket or paper filter
Breville Espresso Coffee Machines
About Breville Espresso Machines
Breville is a popular brand in Australia. Formed in the year 1932, the company is known for its innovative products and customer centric approach. The company asks for user feedback and uses the feedback to further hone its designs.
Breville started with radio manufacturing during World War II and later shifted to manufacture of other home appliances. It was the sandwich toaster introduced by the company that made it a household name.
Breville used the popularity to gain entry into the espresso market in 2001. The Breville Espresso line has since satisfied numerous coffee enthusiasts with its lip smacking and potent espresso brews. Other than Australia, the company has offices in the United States, Hong Kong, Canada and New Zealand.
Here is a brief review of some of the top selling Breville coffee machines
Breville BES870XL Barista Express
The Barista Express is one of the top picks of the Breville series as its price is mid-range, but it has all features of semi-automatic with a few high end options added to it. Here are the important features:
- Programmable settings
- User friendly machine design
- It has conical shaped burr grinder made of stainless steel
- The heating system has thermocoil of 1600 W capacity and the machine boasts of 15 bar pump resulting in espresso being made in less than 4 minutes.
- 2 Liter water tank features the inbuild filtration system and purge function
- Bean hopper of 2 lb and automatic steam wand present
- Has the option of pre infusion of low pressure
Other than the noise the machine makes while grinding and brewing which can be quite annoying, the brew quality and usability make it a definite choice to consider.
Breville BES880XL Barista Touch
This is a fully automatic top end brewing machine from Breville. Although it is expensive, it boasts of a bevy of features such as
- LED touch display allows 8 unique customization options by choosing the milk, brew and grind options to suit the exact texture, temperature and strength you want
- 5 preprogrammed options
- Automatic steam wand with options that help to adjust texture, temperature and milk for getting the right micro foam blend
- Inbuilt conical shaped burr grinder, 2L capacity water tank and 1/2lb bean hopper
The only drawback in this high end model is you need to tamp down the grounds manually.
Breville BES920XL Dual Boiler
The Dual Boiler model from Breville boasts of brews that are outstandingly professional. The significant features of this machine include:
- Two boilers are present which wield independent control over the steam temperature and brew.
- Espresso is ready in just 5 minutes
- Good extraction temperature control due to the PID temperature control and stainless steel body resulting in retaining the grounds distinct oils
- Shot clock, LCD display, water spout for Americano or tea making and excessive pressure valve help control the brew effectively
Although the price is a bit expensive it is a delight for experienced baristas but not for beginners as the machine needs meticulous attention for best results.
Breville BES840XL/A the Infuser
If you are not much concerned about advanced features but want a semi-automatic brewing machine, the infuser is a good choice. The machine features pre infusion style, which is not commonly found in semi-automatic espressos. The feature highlights of this Breville infuser include:
- Water of low pressure is passed to the grounds allowing slow expansion followed by higher pressure for better extraction quality
- Sufficient temperature control is present
- Has 1650 W heating coil, purge control, micro foam milk texturizer that is manual and water baskets that are single and dual.
- Volumetric controls and automatic sleep functionality present
Other than being noisy and the need to buy a separate burr grinder, this machine has all that you are looking for in an espresso machine.
Breville Duo-Temp Pro
If you in search of a simple yet fully functional machine that is reasonably priced, the DuoTemp Pro is a great choice. This semi-automatic model has some excellent features including
- Designed to pull single or double shots simultaneously
- Has 15 bar pressure pump along with pre infusion low-pressure setting
- Single or double wall filter baskets of single or two cup capacity that can easily accommodate the shots pulled and grounds you use
- Steam wand present for making milk froth for brewing specialty drinks
- The heating system has 1600 W capacity and water tank is of 1.8L capacity with purge function
The automatic timer shuts off the machine prematurely and the noise too is a bit loud in this otherwise satisfying semi-automatic offering from Breville.
Breville ESP8XL Cafe Roma
If it is a budget espresso machine you want, Cafe Roma is Breville’s offering to consider. The machine offers good value in spite of the low cost. Features in Cafe Roma include
- Stainless steel durable build
- Semi-automatic espresso machine
- Water reservoir has 1.2L capacity and pressure pump is of 15 bar category
- Dual walled filtration with quality steam wand
While the heating is not as hot as one expects resulting in reduced flavor, you can always use a darker coffee bean roast to make up for it.
Breville BES980XL Oracle Espresso
If you want a Breville espresso with all sophisticated options, the Oracle Espresso is your best bet. Italian espresso inspired Oracle is apt for novices as well as expert baristas. It offers a hands free coffee brewing experience making your mornings truly exceptional. Significant features include
- Automatic dosage of coffee grounds, grinding and addition of water with the help of inbuilt sensor
- Hands free and completely programmable milk texturing enables customization to suit taste
- Durable stainless steel body with dual boilers made of stainless steel
- Italian pumps
- Durable and convenient to clean
While the Oracle offers high end features they are not as easy to get used to as the manual addition of grounds and water, making it difficult to use for beginners.
Why Breville products are special?
When you buy a Breville product, you expect certain standards which the Breville espresso machines satisfy fully. Here are a few reasons why Breville espressos are popular:
Breville products have a limited warranty period of one year. If the machine breaks or is found to be defective the warranty will cover it.
Excellent customer communication
Breville maintains impeccable communication with its customers. The communication includes routine day to day service to customers. The company has representatives ready to address any concerns or queries customers have.
Breville espresso machines are easy and simple to use and come with clear to understand instructions. You will be able to set up the machine and have your espresso quickly even if you are a complete novice.
PID denotes Proportional Integral Derivative. This is a technology that balances the extraction temperature and limits fluctuation. You can easily get an espresso shot done at the most optimal range and start enjoying consistently fabulous espresso every time you use the coffee.
Superior stainless steel body
All Breville appliances are made of stainless steel irrespective of the products being high or low end. The strong build ensures the machine is durable, sleek and convenient to clean.
Breville recommends use of 19 to 22 grams of coffee grounds in contrast to regular automatic machines that recommend 11 to 13 grams. This is the reason for the Breville brews equaling or surpassing cafe quality brews. The coffee is full bodied and richer than other brand coffees.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Breville Coffee Machines on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-09-25.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.