Best Cafe Du Monde Coffees in 2022
- 1 Best Cafe Du Monde Coffees in 2022
- 1.1 Half a Dozen Cans (6 Cans) of Coffee Du Monde - 15 oz. cans
- 1.2 Cafe Du Monde Coffee Chicory, 15 Ounce Ground
- 1.3 Cafe Du Monde Coffee Chicory, 15-Ounce (Pack of 3)
- 1.4 Cafe Du Monde Coffee with Chicory, 15-Ounce (Pack of 2)
- 1.5 Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory, 15 Ounce Cans, Case of 24
- 1.6 Cafe Du Monde Coffee, French Roast, 13 Ounce (Pack of 3)
- 1.7 Cafe du Monde Coffee and Chicory 24 Single Serve Cups
- 1.8 Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chicory Single Serve Cups (72 Count)
- 1.9 Cafe Du Monde Coffee and Chickory and French Roast Bundle. New Orleans Coffee Bundle Includes One 15 ounce Original Coffee And One 13 Ounce French Roast.
- 1.10 Cafe du Monde Coffee and Chicory 36 Single Serve Pods
- 1.11 Cafe Du Monde Coffees
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Cafe Du Monde coffees have become popular through the rich history and partnership between coffee and chicory. Though it was the French that brought the mix to American shores, it was in New Orleans that this blend was perfected. Such a blend has remained popular throughout the years amongst coffee lovers and for good reasons too.
- Rich blend of dark roasted coffee and chicory
- Traditionally served Au Lait, mixed half and half with hot milk
- Product of USA
- Original French Market Coffee Stand coffee
- Coffee and Chicory. Can contains 15oz of ground Cafe Du Monde Coffee
- This popular New Orleans landmark has been located in the French Market since the early 1860's.
- The Original French Market Coffee Stand, serving Cafe Au Laity and Hot Beignets (French Doughnuts) 24 hours a day, year round
- Same Coffee and Chicory sold in their coffee stands in New Orleans
- 3-15oz cans
- Bold Rich Flavor
- Easy open can and lid
- Easy to make and serve
- Coffee with Chicory
- Cafe Du Monde New Orleans style coffee
- Ground coffee can
- Each can is 15oz and contains two cans
- 24 X CAN OF Café Du Monde Coffee and Chicory ( 15 OZ EACH CAN )
- Net Weight: 15 oz (425g) each CAN Expiration Date 2020 up
- French roast coffee from Cafe' Du Monde. The original French market coffee stand.
- Blend with 100% arabica beans.
- Smooth tasting
- Compatible with keurig brewers
- Enjoy the taste of New Orleans Cafe du Monde Coffee in convenient pods
- Includes 24 single serve pods, 2 boxes of 12 each
- 6 boxes of 12 single serve cups
- Enjoy the taste of New Orleans Cafe du Monde Coffee in convenient single serve cup
- Exclusive Coffee and Chicory blend from Cafe Du Monde in New Orleans
- To make Au Lait, mix with an equal amount of hot whole milk. Adjust to taste
- Perfect for any single serve coffee maker that uses pods including Keurig 2.0
- Includes 36 single serve pods
Cafe Du Monde Coffees
Coffee aficionados who like to brew their own savory beverage at home would do well to give Cafe Du Monde coffees a shot. It is the next best thing to visiting their store in New Orleans and sipping straight from the source.
The history of Cafe Du Monde is as rich as the coffee they make. During the Civil War in the 18th century when there was a coffee shortage, the French began adding chicory to their beloved beverage. Chicory provides flavor and body and makes up a unique caffeinated beverage.
Though its smell won’t get you excited right away, it is its taste that will leave you floored. Cafe Du Monde coffees have a subtle bitterness to them and yet their flavor is surprisingly smooth. The addition of Chicory, the root of an endive plant, brings a faint chocolate flavor to the dark coffee roast and tones down the bitterness to an appreciable level. The profile also contains nutty undertones that are the hallmark of Cafe Du Monde coffees.
With an approximated 100 mg of caffeine in each cup, Cafe Du Monde coffees are quite potent. Even after adding cream, the coffee remains very dark and it doesn’t take much to go full out with these brews. Two tablespoons of sugar for five cups of coffee are quite sufficient and will have you recharged and invigorated for long hours after drinking the coffee.
But different people like their coffee differently strong and black, with or without sugar, with a little more milk, or maybe a little weaker brew. Ultimately, it is up to you to tinker with the combination and get a brew that is suited to your taste and preferences.
The Chicory Magic
Chicory is native to France where it has had long years of use even before it was added to coffee. But it wasn’t until mid 1800s that it was exported to North America thereafter its cultivation gained popularity.
In Cafe Du Monde coffee products, the roasted and ground chicory is mixed with ground coffee which makes the coffee go twice as far. On its own, chicory looks identical to coffee and contains a sweet, tobacco-like smell.
The chicory provides an acrid flavor of its own, redolent of a freshly roasted nut even though it is advertised as having a mellowing effect on your morning brew. It has an incredibly long aftertaste that is one of the best reasons for choosing Cafe Du Monde coffees. A little milk can transform the flavor completely but purveyors suggest a two-to-one ratio of coffee to chicory.
It can be easy to see how such a combination has endured over the centuries, and easier still to imagine why its popularity has remained steady even during the third wave of coffee consumerism that is marked chiefly by experimentation. What started as a way to make-up for coffee shortages has brought about a unique blend that has delighted coffee lovers for many centuries.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-10-21.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.