Most of us have thought of the journey of coffee beans, right from plucking the bean from the tree to the delicious flavors in our cups. This entire journey of coffee is thanks to the amazing work by coffee farmers. The entire process is quite a lucrative business. But a closer look will reveal complex and unfair practices that work against the farmers. Hence, fair trade coffee came into being as a response to offer a more sustainable and fairer way of trading, especially for coffee farmers.
Similar to the organic certification, a fair trade certification will let you know the origins of the product. All products that have been certified as fair trade share a common history – the farmers and manufacturers who grow or make the product receive a fair price and their environment and communities benefit as well.
Fair trade coffee certification guarantees the following:
Farming families receive fair prices for their harvest and premiums that are tailored specifically for community development projects. In some cases, the higher premiums are offered if the coffee has an organic certification as well. Farmers are also eligible for the pre-harvest credit.
Fair trade workers and farmers are offered fair trade premiums in business development and social projects like quality improvement training, healthcare services, and scholarship programs.
Democratic and transparent organizations
Fair trade coffee farmers and workers decide how to invest in fair trade revenues, which is proof of the democratic process within the business.
Harmful GMOs and chemicals are banned in this certification to protect the health of the coffee farmers and preserve the ecosystem for the future generation. Only environmentally sustainable farming methods are used to protect the surrounding flora and fauna and improve soil fertility.
Fair labor conditions
Coffee farmers under the agreements of the fair trade certification enjoy the freedom of association, fair wages, and safe working conditions. Forced labor of children is strictly prohibited.
Importers purchase the goods from fair trade producer groups directly, which eliminates unwanted middlemen and empower the farmers to learn about the business and the industrial capacity to compete in the international marketplace.
Why is fair trade certification so important today?
Throughout the world, farming families follow generations of traditions to cultivate and grow food and crop products that we relish and enjoy each day. However, most of these families, especially in developing nations, do not receive a fair price for their crops.
These isolated communities in rural areas lack access to the direct market and often end up selling their premium crops at prices well below the production cost to local middlemen who feign global prices. In turn, this creates a cycle of debt forces the farmers to abandon their land and dispose of their years of agricultural heritage. This also destroys the cultural and social fabric of these communities. When the farming world suffers, the whole world suffers – large scale farming that compromises the environment, inferior-quality products, and force immigration.
Hence, you should always opt for fair trade coffee, which has a positive impact on small-scale farmers. If you purchase a fair trade coffee product, this means that you are helping those farmers improve their lifestyles, their children’s lives, and the lives of their communities.
- FLAVOR PROFILE: This is coffee you can sip all day. Pleasing, soft caramel-like mouth feel balanced by elegant citrus acidity and a sweet, clean finish
- ORGANIC: 100% Organic Shade-Grown Arabica Coffee
- FAIR TRADE & SINGLE ORIGIN: Cenfrocafe's investments in grower education and processing infrastructure (made possible by the above fair trade price premium we pay for this gem) have resulted in year after year improvements in quality and consistency
- CRAFT ROASTED in our vintage 90 kilo German-built Probat drum roaster retrofitted with modern fuel-efficient ribbon burners, delivering perfectly roasted coffee every time
- CARBON NEGATIVE: Tiny Footprint Coffee is the world’s first carbon negative coffee. For every pound that’s sold, we donate a portion of the proceeds to fund reforestation in Ecuador’s Mindo Cloud Forest. Over time, these trees will remove 54 lbs. of CO2 from the atmosphere as well as provide habitat for hundreds of native plant and animal species
- Fragrant medium roast Peruvian coffee with a smooth finish
- Three 12-ounce bags of ground coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Peru
- Fair Trade certified, USDA Organic coffee
- Roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
- 100% Recyclable Coffee Pods - Fair Trade - Low Acid - USDA Certified Organic - Single Origin - High Altitude - Compatible With All Devices. If We Could Make This Coffee Any Healthier We Would! Medium Roast. Also Comes With Free Special Report Called "How To Make The Healthiest Cup Of Coffee"
- Healthy Coffee Rule #1) Always Go Organic. Why? Because conventional coffee is one of the most heavily treated crops. One of the many health risks with these chemicals is that they can act as "xenoestrogens" in your body disrupting hormone balance for both men and women.
- Healthy Coffee Rule #2) Coffee Grown At High Altitude Is Better. Why? Because the higher the altitude the coffee is grown at, the denser the bean. You may have heard the term "Strictly Hard Bean" (SHB) which denotes an especially dense, high-altitude coffee. This Peak Performance Organic Coffee grown in the Guatemalan Highlands is a perfect example of this. This higher elevation bean is more dense and thus of a higher quality grade. High Altitude Coffee also tends to have more antioxidants!
- Healthy Coffee Rule #3) Single Origin Coffee Is Better. Why? Because while "Blended" Coffee like a "Breakfast Blend" might sound cool... there's a much higher likelihood that at least one of the bean varieties that went into that blend was contaminated.
- Over 400,000 Happy Customers + 1-for-1 Donation To Vitamins Angels. Peak Performance is celebrating over 400,000 happy customers and we are also very proud of our 1-for-1 donation match program. For every unit you purchase, through our partnership with the nonprofit Vitamin Angels, we will supply a child at risk of malnutrition with vitamins for 1 year! To date, we've supplied over 1 Million children with life changing Vitamins- So thank you for helping us continue this great cause!