Best Coffee Filters in 2020
- 1 Best Coffee Filters in 2020
- 1.1 Coffee Filters, 8/12-Cup Size, 100/Pack
- 1.2 Melitta Cone Coffee Filters, Natural Brown #4, 100 Count (Pack Of 3)
- 1.3 Melitta 600 Coffee Filters, Basket, Pack of 600, 8-12 Cups, White
- 1.4 Nicole Home Collection 02083 Coffee Filters, 300 Count, White
- 1.5 8-12 Cup Basket Coffee Filters (Natural Unbleached, 500)
- 1.6 Melitta 600 Coffee Filters, Basket, Pack of 1200, 1200, White
- 1.7 Melitta #4 Cone Coffee Filters, Natural Brown, 100 Count (Pack of 6)
- 1.8 K&J 12-Pack of Cuisinart Compatible Replacement Charcoal Water Filters for Coffee Makers - Fits all Cuisinart Coffee Makers
- 1.9 Coffee Filters 8 to 12 Cup Basket, Premium White Paper 100
- 1.10 Melitta Junior Basket Coffee Filters White 100 Count
- 1.11 Coffee Filters
- 1.11.1 How do you choose a coffee filter?
- 1.11.2 What are the best coffee filters available?
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Almost every coffee brewer today needs a filter for producing the best coffee. Apart from the single-serve brewer or pre-packaged pods, coffee filters are needed to prevent the grounds from getting into your cup of joe.
If you are looking for something other than a disposable filter, you can always go for reusable filters. Most of them are manufactured with a combination of different materials like the gold coffee filters for Keurig models or a steel mesh for the coffee to flow through. Hemp filters are also available in the market today but are not ready for all coffee brewers yet.
- Special paper grade assures optimum extraction of coffee's taste
- Perfect for coffees requiring exact brewing, like decaf and flavored coffees
- Superior, stay-in-place design prevents coffee grounds overflow
- Designed for use with BUNN 12 cup decanter coffee brewers
- 100% Chlorine Free
- Microfine flavor enhancing peforations allow the full coffee flavor to fileter through
- Double-crimp for extra strength
- Cone coffee filters fits all coffeemakers that use a No. 4 size filter cone
- Made in U.S.A.
- Filters fit all 8-12 cup Basket-type household coffeemakers.
- Melitta Coffee Filters, Basket, Pack of 600
- Filters fit all 8-12 cup basket-type household coffeemakers
- White Paper
- Designed for all occasions, banquets, dinners, parties, upscale catering and home
- basket filters
- Disposable Products
- Value pack 300 count
- High Quality - Sturdy sides won't collapse during brewing. This minimizes coffee grounds getting into your coffee.
- Standard Size - Made to fit coffee makers from 8 cup up to 12 cup. The dimensions of this filter are: Base Diameter 3-1/4", Side Height 2-3/8"
- Superior Taste - Paper filters remove most oils and micro coffee particles which cause coffee to turn bitter. Metal and cloth filters can let these into your cup.
- Eco-friendly & Made In The USA - Biodegradable and made from paper, a renewable resource. All manufactured right here in the US.
- Easy Clean Up - Disposable filters mean that you can toss the grounds without needing to clean out a metal filter.
- Melitta Basket Filters
- Two packs of each 600 filters
- CONE COFFEE FILTERS: These super premium Melitta cone coffee filters will fit all 8 to 12 cup drip coffee makers that have a conical shaped filter basket - as well as most pour-over coffeemakers calling for a #4 cone coffee filter like Melitta’s new Signature and Heritage Series. Our filters trap more bitter oils & impurities for a better cup of coffee.
- ADVANCED DESIGN: Our coffee filters feature Microfine Flavor Enhancing perforations that allow the full coffee flavor to filter through & a double crimped filter design to help protect against bursting.
- QUALITY FILTERS: Our cone, basket and single serve filters are all designed to brew rich, flavorful coffee. They are all compostable & made of high quality paper that won't tear for mess-free brewing.
- PERFECT BREWING: Our products are designed to provide the perfect brewing experience with a complete selection of cone coffee filters, pour-over coffee filters, basket coffee filters, single serve coffee filters & tea filters.
- JOIN THE PURSUIT FOR BETTER COFFEE: Melitta is dedicated to providing the ultimate coffee experience with our premium coffee filters, coffee pods, pour-over brewers, coffee makers & premium coffees.
- FITS ALL CUISINART MACHINES - These Cuisinart compatible filters made by K&J will fit all Cuisinart coffee makers, both newer machines and older machines. See below for full list.
- MICROMESH MATERIAL - Ensures the charcoal stays in the filter and does not clog up your Cuisinart coffee maker. K&J is the highest quality of any filter currently sold!
- IMPROVES BEVERAGE FLAVOR - Removing impurities, calcium, chlorine, and odors with activated charcoal filters creates the best-tasting beverages.
- ECO-FRIENDLY PACKAGING - We ship your Cuisinart filter replacements not in a bulky box, but with minimal packaging.
- ULTRA FINE-GRAIN CHARCOAL - Finer charcoal granules increase the surface area exposure to water and maximize the effective filtration. K&J makes the most effective Cuisinart compatible water filter on the market!
- Paper Coffee Filters 100-pack oxygen Whitened - 100% Virgin Fiber - Removes oils and micro particles which cause bitterness in your drink.
- Made in USA - Fits most models that use 8-12 cup Basket Filters - Base Diameter approx. 3-1/4" - Height 2-3/8"
- Premium Quality, Coffee Filters Paper are 100% biodegradable and recyclable. Meets all FDA guidelines of paper used for food contact.
- No papery taste or added chemical flavors, Clean and Easy to use
- Superior brand, compare with Bunn, Melitta, Mr. Coffee standard to large coffee filter
- Melittas super premium basket filters hold their shape and wont tear
- Our high quality, thicker paper is what sets our basket filters apart from your average store brand
- Poly bag wrapped package of 100 filters
- Fits 4 to 6 cup basket style electric coffeemakers
How do you choose a coffee filter?
There are four important factors one needs to consider while deciding on which coffee filter you should purchase. These four factors are:
The type of filtration process executed by the coffee filter will affect the final taste of the brewed coffee. If the filter is made of paper, cloth or any other absorbent fiber, more coffee oils will be soaked in, thereby removing some of its flavors.
If you like coffee in a more Turkish style, you will need a filter that allows a bit of the coffee sediment to flow through it. Hence, filters that have loose weave, like cloth, will pass more ground coffee through.
If you like a robust and strong cup of coffee that truly gives of the flavor of the coffee beans and delivers maximum java and caffeine intensity, you will need a coffee filter that is made of metal (gold tone), plastic or any other material that is less absorbent.
Paper filters are the cheapest option available, but needs to be changed and replaced after each serving; hence, you cost mounts up over a span of time. Purchasing coffee filters in bulk is a smart choice to keep your cost per filter to a minimum.
You can also make use of reusable filters, which can be used over and over again, thereby reducing your overall cost over a span of time. You can also go for high-quality materials like fine mesh, gold tone coffee filters that will, obviously, be more expensive, but has a good shelf life. Since these filters last you for years together, it is a great value over its lifetime.
There are coffee filters that are disposable and can be discarded in a recycling bin or trash can. The coffee maker will need a new coffee filter next. Reusable coffee filters can be taken out and washed after each use. Hence, this filter may need mild scrubbing with a brush, depending on the coffee machine.
When it comes to environmental impact, paper coffee filters are the most biodegradable. Additionally, this type of filter is made with bleached paper. This bleached paper goes through many manufacturing processes that make use of chemicals, which can have an impact on the environment. Hence, you should always go for unbleached coffee filters, if you want to make use of paper coffee filters.
Reusable filters do not need replacement after each use. The environmental impact depends on the materials used in them. Hence you should always go for a high-quality filter that has a long lifespan.
What are the best coffee filters available?
Some of the best coffee filters you will see in the market today are:
Melitta Cone Coffee Filters
Melitta is one of the best brands for coffee filters. The #4 cone filters can easily filter and produce about 8-12 cups of coffee. Naturally brown in color, this filter features a patented flavor enhancing micro perforations. This means that maximum flavor comes through the coffee filter.
These filters by Melitta also has unique measurement marks that equal to two tablespoons each. Hence, you can add your coffee without needing a measuring scoop. It is also fitted with a double-crimped seal that prevents the filter from bursting at the bottom.
Rockline Basket Drip Coffee Filter
These filters can be used with almost any coffee filter and can filtrate about 8-12 cups of coffee. These filters provide a superior filtration process because it is made up of tight paper of the crepe texture. This is a bleached paper that eliminates gritty sediments and absorbs excess coffee oils.
While the Rockline coffee filter might look like a thin filter, they do stand straight when wet in the basket. This makes them quite sturdy and strong, thereby capable of preventing the grounds from leaking over a flaccid filter.
Melitta Percolator Coffee Filter
This coffee filter has been designed specifically for coffee percolators. Hence, this filter should be able to fit all percolator models and lay flat on the bottom of the percolator basket. The filter is made of paper that is free of chlorine. They can easily reduce the sediment and oil that can seep into your coffee.
There is a segment of people that do not use filters on their coffee percolators. But with the help of a filter, you will have added levels of filtration. You can even wash and reuse the Melitta coffee filter.
Reusable Gold Filter K-cups
You have the option of purchasing filters even for single-serve coffee machines. Keurig manufactures coffee filters for a lot of different coffee brewers. These filters are ideal if you want to make your own coffee instead of purchasing pods separately.
These filters are great for serving single cups and can also brew enough coffee for different carafe sizes. These gold filters will last longer than stainless steel mesh pods and allow coffee to flow better without needing to change its taste.
No matter what brand your coffee filter is, you will need to find the best coffee filter to improve the taste of your coffee. Once you have decided your preferences and taste, budget, convenience, etc. you will be able to decide which coffee filter will work best.
You should remember that each type of coffee filter will have their set of advantages and disadvantages. Hence, you need to research each type before deciding on one.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Coffee Filters with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-05-28.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.