Best Cold Brew Coffee Beans in 2021
- 1 Best Cold Brew Coffee Beans in 2021
- 1.1 Bizzy Organic Cold Brew Coffee | Smooth & Sweet Blend | Coarse Ground Coffee | 1 LB
- 1.2 Stone Street Cold Brew Coffee, Strong & Smooth Blend, Whole Bean Coffee, Dark Roast, Colombian Single Origin, 2 LB
- 1.3 Wink Coffee Cold Brew Reserve Whole Bean Coffee, Large 2.2 Pound Bag, 100% Arabica Coffee Beans, Single Origin Colombian Andes, Smooth, Bold & Sweet
- 1.4 Tiny Footprint Coffee - Organic Cold Brew Cold Press Elixir | Whole Bean Coffee | USDA Organic | Carbon Negative | 16 Ounce
- 1.5 Stone Street Cold Brew Flavored Coffee, Natural Caramel Nut Flavor, Coarse Ground Coffee, Dark Roast, 1 LB
- 1.6 Cold Brew Organic Coarse Ground Coffee, Colombian Supremo, Dark Roast, Coarse Grind for Cold Brew Coffee & French Press,1 LB
- 1.7 OVALWARE 08 Neptune - Cold Brew, Organic Medium Roast Whole Coffee Bean, Colombia and Brazil Blend (1lb / 16oz)
- 1.8 Grady's Cold Brew Coffee, Pour & Store Kit with 12 (2oz.) Bean Bags + 1 Pour & Store Pouch, 36 Total Servings
- 1.9 Cameron's Coffee Roasted Ground Coffee Bag, Flavored, Vanilla Hazelnut Cold Brew Blend, 12 Ounce
- 1.10 Wandering Bear Extra Strong Organic Coarse Ground Coffee for Cold Brew, 1 lb Bag - Dark Roast, Organic, Smooth, Delicious
- 1.11 Cold brew coffee beans
- 1.11.1 Factors to consider when choosing the right beans for a cold brew
- 1.11.2 How to roast coffee beans for a cold brew
- 1.11.3 How to get your beans ground for a cold brew
- 1.11.4 Self-ground versus pre-ground bought coffee beans
- 1.11.5 Best coffee beans for cold brew
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Cold brew coffee beans should contain some properties like the contents with high dissolving power, smooth and fine finished. It is important to note that beans with high acidity can be reduced to low acidity brew with cold brewing. Cold coffee flavor is smooth, full bodied, unique and fantastic.
- ENGINEERED FOR COLD BREW - Using the first micro-sifted coarse ground coffee optimized for cold brewing for a consistent, extra smooth cold brew
- BREW YOUR WAY - Brew your cold brew how you would like. Add more water for a less strong cold brew or less water for a stronger beverage.
- 100% ORGANIC - USDA Organic, ethically sourced coffee from Guatemala, Peru, and Nicaragua.
- SMOOTH AND SWEET - Arabica beans roasted medium with notes of caramel and hazelnut.
- BIZZY COFFEE FOR BUSY PEOPLE - Mastering the cold brew craft, Bizzy Coffee will give you the highest quality cold brew coffee at the best price
- CRAFTED FOR COLD BREWING – Our cold brew coffee blend uses fresh gourmet arabica coffee beans from Colombia. You can coarse grind them right before brewing for the freshest flavor. Perfect for using in your at-home cold brew coffee maker or system, French press, pitcher, or mason jar.
- DARK ROAST COLOMBIAN SUPREMO – Our beans are classified as ‘supremo’ which are the largest and highest quality beans from Colombia. When these beans are dark roasted, it brings out the nutty/chocolate notes and makes the most delicious tasting cold brew coffee.
- STRONG & SMOOTH BLEND – Our coffee is specially formulated to make a bold, balanced, low-acid, slightly sweet cold brew or iced coffee. You can easily adjust the strength to make it extra strong (more coffee or longer brewing time) or even lighter (more water).
- 2 LB BAG (32 Ounces) - Our 3-layer natural kraft bag is foil-lined and has a one-way valve for optimal coffee freshness. The wide top opening makes for easy scooping. Bag holds two pounds of coffee. Our premium packaging makes the perfect gift for the special coffee lover in your life.
- FRESHLY ROASTED IN BROOKLYN, NYC – Stone Street Coffee Company is specialty small-batch roaster, we’ve been making artisanal coffee since 2009.
- ENGINEERED FOR COLD BREW: Our single origin beans combined with our meticulous roasting practices make for an extra smooth cold brew coffee experience.
- MEDIUM-DARK ROAST COFFEE: This smooth medium roast cold brew has sweet caramel flavors with a touch of hazelnut.
- SUSTAINABLE: 100% top-quality Arabica coffee sustainably grown high in the Colombian Andes
- FRESH: One freshly roasted large 2.2 lb bag of whole bean coffee with an airtight zipper to close after opening
- SMALL BATCH: Fire-roasted on our 1923 Jabez Burns Roaster in the Texas Hill Country
- The world's first carbon negative coffee: For every pound that’s sold, we donate a portion of the proceeds to fund reforestation in Ecuador’s Mindo cloud forest. Over time, these trees will remove 54 lbs. of CO2 from the atmosphere as well as provide habitat for native plant and animal species
- WHOLE BEAN COFFEE: 100% Organic Shade-Grown Arabica Coffee
- A blend crafted perfectly for cold brew -- our Cold Press Elixir is a mix of our light and dark roasts spiked with our best Ethiopian coffees.
- Flavor Profile: Sweet, silky richness with subtle bright fruit and floral tones infused in a cocoa like body.
- Craft Roasted in our vintage 90 kilo German-built Probat drum roaster retrofitted with modern fuel-efficient ribbon burners, delivering perfectly roasted coffee every time
- Each pound brews 1.5 gallons of ready-to-drink cold brew (1: 6 brew ratio and 1: 1 dilution)
- 2 - bags of Cold Press Elixir No. 9 organic, fair trade Ground Coffee
- 100% Arabica & Organic coffee beans.
- Craft Roasted in our vintage 90 kilo German-built Probat drum roaster retrofitted with modern fuel-efficient ribbon burners, delivering perfectly roasted coffee every time.
- Carbon negative and earth positive. Funding reforestation in Ecuador’s cloud forests.
- CRAFTED FOR COLD BREWING - The perfect blend for making your own flavored cold brew coffee
- TASTE PROFILE - Dark roasted ground coffee with natural caramel nut flavors
- COARSE GROUND FLAVORED COFFEE - 100% Colombian Supremo beans are freshly roasted & coarsely ground for optimal cold brew extraction
- 1 LB BAG - Our 3-Layer natural kraft resealable foil bag ensures top quality freshness for your beans, includes a one-way de-gassing valve to maintain freshness & aroma
- NO SLEEP ‘TIL BROOKLYN - Stone Street Coffee Company is a specialty small-batch roaster located in Brooklyn, NYC and we’ve been roasting delicious coffee since 2009
- CUSTOM CRAFTED FOR COLD BREWING: Look no further for the perfect coarse coffee grounds for making cold brew coffee. We source, roast, & blend our beans for optimal cold (slow) brew extraction – creating a strong and bold taste with well-rounded, smooth, low acidic, & full bodied flavor.
- ORGANIC 100% ARABICA COLOMBIAN COFFEE: We only use pesticide free USDA certified organic coffee because we care about the quality of our product. Specialty-grade, 100% Arabica, Colombian Supremo.
- DARK ROAST BLEND: We use a blend of medium & dark roasted coffee beans to create a unique roast level that is perfect for cold brewed coffee flavor. This creates a cup that is extremely smooth, yet bold & flavorful.
- WHOLE BEAN & EXTRA COARSE GRIND OPTIONS: We offer both products to give you the option of grinding yourself at home OR starting with our pre-ground coffee.
- FRESHLY ROASTED IN NYC: Cold Brew Lab is an artisan specialty coffee roaster located in the city that never sleeps – New York City, NY USA. We roast and package our coffee bags right before shipping so it arrives fresh to your doorstep.
- ❄️ ENJOY DELICIOUS COLD BREW COFFEE with our low-acidity, medium-roasted coffee beans, meticulously blended and crafted for cold brewing. Brew with our OVALWARE RJ3 Cold Brew Coffee Maker to unleash the bean’s full potential.
- ❄️ IRRESISTIBLE CHOCOLATE, SUBTLE ALMOND HINTS, CREAMY BODY: Our cold brew coffee beans offer a creamy, sweet flavor with subtle hints of chocolate and almond and can be easily tailored to your taste buds by adding milk or cream.
- ❄️ IMMERSE YOURSELF IN THE FLAVORS OF BRAZILIAN & COLOMBIAN COFFEE: The 08 Neptune Cold Brew coffee is a well-balanced blend from two of the best-known coffee regions in the world, Brazil and Columbia, creating a diverse harmony in taste.
- ❄️ 100% ORGANIC ARABICA COFFEE BEANS FOR 100% SATISFACTION: This cold brew coffee is specifically formulated with USDA/ECOCERT certified, 100% Arabica coffee beans with low acidity, making a great choice for those with a sensitive stomach.
- ❄️ RESEALABLE BAG FOR ULTIMATE BEAN FRESHNESS: Whole beans stay fresher for longer than grounds. Grind to your preferred coarseness right before you brew. Our 08 Neptune Coffee Beans taste amazing with all cold or hot brew methods.
- BREW-IT-YOURSELF: Pour-and-Store Pouch makes 36 servings of cold brew coffee - Just add water
- EASY TO USE: No need to buy expensive coffee when Grady's makes it simple to make delicious, New Orleans Cold Brew right from your own refrigerator
- GRADY'S COLD BREW: Famous Grady's New Orleans-Style Flavor is a special blend of coffee, chicory, and spices
- BREW WHILE YOU SLEEP: Steep in cold water for at least 12 hours (no more than 24), remove bags, and your cold brew concentrate is ready to enjoy
- HEALTHY & DELICIOUS: Grady's products are All Natural, Sugar-Free, Gluten-Free, Vegan, Non-GMO, and low calorie
- Rich and flavorful: coarse ground and ready to cold brew! Premium Arabica beans mixed with rich vanilla and zesty hazelnuts. This is no plain vanilla coffee.
- Always smooth, never bitter: we choose only the top 10% of Arabica coffee beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Brew a smooth, full-flavor coffee experience every time. Never over-roasted.
- Sustainably sourced: from roasting in small batches to reducing water consumption, cameron’s coffee is committed to making every day brighter. Creating positive Change mean caring about our coffee, farmers, and the environment.
- Quality First: we choose only the top 10% of beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Never over-roasted. If you enjoy Lavazza coffee, door County coffee, Caribou coffee, Death Wish coffee, or illy coffee - try Cameron's Coffee.
- Uniquely handcrafted Coffee: one, 12 ounce bag of cameron’s vanilla Hazelnut cold brew blend. We craft Cameron's Coffee to be the smoothest, most flavorful coffee possible. Our coffee is Sustainable, hand-crafted, and small-batch roasted.
- DARK ROAST, COARSE GROUND COFFEE: Make Wandering Bear Extra Strong Cold Brew at home. Dark but not burnt, full-bodied and chocolaty. Coarse grind is perfect for cold brew, French press and works well in drip machines. Makes 20 glasses per pound.
- 100% ORGANIC COFFEE: Carefully ground coarse specifically for cold brewing (also perfect for French press).
- ROASTED IN BROOKLYN, NY: Small-batch roasted and packed fresh in one-way valve bags to preserve freshness until opening.
- OUR NO-LONGER-SECRET COLD BREW RECIPE: We recommend using 3 cups of water to 1 cup of Wandering Bear Coarse Ground Coffee. Steep for 12-24 hours in the fridge. Then, plunge if using a French Press, or filter. Serve over ice with your favorite creamer or sweetener and enjoy!
- THIS JUST IN: Our moms say Wandering Bear Coarse Ground Coffee is also great brewed hot. We offer a 100% guarantee on our products, so if you have any issues, please get in touch!
Cold brew coffee beans
It is important to note that not all beans are produced or created the same. Some are favored by cold brew, espresso, French press, paper filter or pour over method. Before we decide on the best beans for a cold coffee brew it is important to understand what really a cold coffee drink is. Sometime iced coffees brew is considered a cold brew in some countries.
Primarily cold brew is coffee made with no use of heat at all. Normally, some ground coffee beans are put in water and allowed to steeping for 12 to about 24 hours at most. Within this period, the water extracts coffee bean flavor by dissolving the contents of the beans. Use of no heat in the brewing process gives the brew special and distinguishable characteristics though more coffee is required than the hot brewing method.
It is important to note that some contents of coffee beans like the acids and oils can only be absorbed by water at particular temperature such that cold coffee brew consist of a number of muted flavors and low acidity.
Factors to consider when choosing the right beans for a cold brew
Making a good flavored coffee is a bit complex but at the same easy with the right beans. Some factors to consider include;
How the bean was produced in this case conditions for growth, whether organic or not, elevation at which it was grown which relates to the quality and how the dense a bean is, how the bean was harvested, processing method, roasting process, storage of the bean and so on.
However, though a cold brew will still rely on such factors, the fact that is soaked in water for longer periods the factors may as well be forgotten. The key things you got always to remember while making a cold coffee brew is the coarseness of the beans (should be at least the size of raw sugar particles), the ratio to water and also the length of time you steep them in water.
How to roast coffee beans for a cold brew
There is no well-defined roast for a cold coffee brew however most people will go with the dark roast as compared to medium and light roast. Dark roasted coffee gives rich and dark flavors which can either be earthy, chocolaty, a bit syrupy and also nutty. Floral notes can also be extracted but they are not really major.
Dark roast are also not too much costly thus many people afford them. Though the light roasts can highlight the fruity flavors and floral better they are very expensive and plus you can get this flavors with a dark roast cold brewing. Something else to note is that light roast requires more time to extract the flavors thus steeping method may be increased.
How to get your beans ground for a cold brew
Choosing the right type of coffee beans for your coffee is as important as getting the right grounds for your coffee beans. It is preferred you ground this beans for you own. Coarse ground coffee beans are the best for a cold brew since they can begin dripping faster than fine ground. Water does not allow easy flow of water. The water can be trapped above the grounds in case of dripping method.
Something else is that the fine grounds are tightly packed. Something else is that the fine grounds can allow over extraction of flavor sometimes leading to bitter unpleasant taste.
Self-ground versus pre-ground bought coffee beans
Like anything else, pre ground coffee has got some advantages over the self-ground beans. One of this is that they are convenient and save on time without hovering over the stress of dealing with the coffee grinder. They are also available than the whole coffee beans.
Since the ground coffees have got a large surface area than the whole bean they lose the flavor and other original characteristics rather quickly. For this reason with this ready ground beans the rich and fresh flavors cannot be achieved. Not only that they lose aroma within minutes after being ground. Above all this, the oils in the ground beans once ground can easily pick odors from the objects around them and also lose the CO2 gained during the roasting method.
Something else important to note is that ground coffee beans since the oil in the coffee are soluble in water. For this reason the coffee grounds may lose the oils to the surrounding moisture.
Self- ground coffee
Freshly grid coffee makes the best outline of the flavors since a whole bean got little exposure of air and the surrounding. Not only should you practice the grounding of your own coffee beans but also use the right size of the grounds and the right machine. The coffee beans should not be Powderly grinded nor super coarse ground. Fine grounds will over extract the flavors especially the bitterness while the over coarsely ground coffee beans will have under developed weak flavor.
One of the major draw backs of self-ground coffee is the high cost of purchasing the whole beans. Something else is that roasted beans do not stay fresh if they stay for more than two weeks so you have to consume them faster so as to enjoy a full flavor profile. Moreover, again to enjoy the fresh aromas and flavors you have to grid only what you can brew and consumer at a time.
Best coffee beans for cold brew
Cold buzz (hazelnut coffee)
Pre ground coffee beans usually sold in tea like bags and ready for a cold brew. These beans are sourced from Europe and southern America and are one hundred percent organic. Since cold brewing is expensive (more coffee grounds are required than in making a hot brews) the Cold Buzz makes some arrangement with wholesalers and roasters to make sure that the coffee in not overly expensive.
Though the hazelnut is most preferred, there are other flavors offered by cold buzz like the dark roast being enhanced with buttery sweet flavor.
One of its major drawbacks is that they are expensively packaged and also pre ground such that the coffee beans actually comprise the quality of the coffee.
Metropolis coffee- blend for cold brew
Metropolis is a coffee company based in Chicago coffee is actually roasted with order here. The advantage of this coffee is that is freshly roasted and the user can grid the beans freshly or get fresh pre-grounds such that maximum freshness is achieved. The coffee is roasted dark such that walnut, melted chocolate and toast hint are the final flavors.
The drawback of these coffees is that they are very expensive, not delivered worldwide, the toast flavor is similar to the unpleasant burnt taste and no description of the coffee beans source.
Stone street- cold coffee brew (supremo coffee from Colombia)
These beans are made especially for cold coffee brewing by a small roaster company in America. The company source high end coffee beans from world’s best farms. Colombian supremo is the single origin and premium beans used for producing a bold, mild sweet, well-balanced and smooth cold brew and are dark roasted. Note that they freshly have fruit and chocolate notes with caramel. They can be found as either whole for freshness purpose or pre ground
Other best coffees for cold brewing include the organic beans (Elixir cold press) from tiny foot print US based roaster, monde coffee- cafe Du (with chicory), Peet’s baridi (East Africa blends) and El Encino costa Rican green natural coffee beans.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Cold Brew Coffee Beans with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-07-23.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.