Costa Rican Coffee
Costa Rican coffee is among the very best in the world with strong, well balanced and pleasant flavors not forgetting the amusing aromas. The country exports about more than eighty percent of their produce. The aroma is either fragrant, brown sugar or intense.
Top Costa Rican Coffees
- 100% Pure Costa Rica Tarrazu Coffee Beans for a smooth, bright cup, well balanced flavor with a subtle chocolate flavor.
- Grown at high altitudes on volcanic soil, where the cherries ripen more slowly which give it a rich and hearty flavor. Fair Trade Certified, Rain Forest Alliance Certified and Shade Grown to care for the workers and the earth.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- ROASTED ON: Our current Costa Rican Coffee inventory was roasted on 11/25/2019, 11/11/2019, 11/4/2019, 10/31/2019, and 10/12/2019
- MICROLOT COFFEE: Our Single Origin Microlot Coffees are sourced from high-end limited-edition lots and are traceable down to an individual producer
- ARABICA COFFEE: Our Single Origin Coffees are made from 100% Arabica coffee beans. Arabica Coffee has twice the flavor and a better aroma than its counterpart (Robusta).
- FLAVOR FIRST: We source all our coffee to achieve specific taste notes. Our Costa Rican Microlot tastes of Cocoa, Toffee, Lemon, with a Sweet and Clean body
- ALWAYS FRESH: The coffee you're enjoying right now, was only recently harvested from our favorite coffee farms. We also send Amazon small quantities to ensure maximum freshness.
- 100% pure costa Rican coffee
- 1000gr/2.2 pounds of coffee
- Harvested in Costa Rica
- SINGLE ORIGIN COSTA RICAN TARRAZU COFFEE is Intensely Flavorful With Notes of Honey and Chocolate. The body may be considered medium, but it sure doesn’t lack any flavor and produces an incredibly satisfying cup!
- CATURRA AND CATUAI VARIETALS. Grown at 1,300-1,600 meters. Fully Washed Processed. Medium Roast.
- COFFEE FOR EVERYBODY - sustainably sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- All Our Coffees are Roasted in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster.
- Available in Whole Bean as 2 lb and 5 lb Bags. Packs of Three 12 oz Bags Available as Whole Bean or Pre-Ground Coffee.
- 100% Pure Costa Rican Peaberry that provides balance and intensity of flavor of fruit and citrus that is mild, sweet, and bright
- Single Origin from La Isabela Estate located in the Tres Rios that is shade grown and rain forest certified to help the people and the earth
- Medium roasted whole bean coffee allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted then immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- Five Pounds (5lbs) of Gourmet Whole Bean Coffee
- 100% Costa Rican Tarrazu Coffee Beans
- Slow-Roasted to Ensure a Fuller, More Even Flavor
- Packaged Fresh in 2-ply Foil Bag with 1-way Air Valve
- Roasted and Packaged to Ensure Optimal Freshness
- SINGLE-ORIGIN COFFEE FROM TARRAZÚ – Medium roast highlights the chocolaty flavor and hints of grapefruit of coffee from Tarrazú, one of the world’s best growing regions
- OVER 30 YEARS OF EXPERIENCE - Founded in 1985, Café Britt is Costa Rica’s premier gourmet coffee company
- 100% COSTA RICAN ARABICA - Single-origin gourmet coffee from Tarrazú, Costa Rica
- THIRD-PARTY CERTIFIED - Certified kosher and gluten free; single-origin and high-mountain grown, Strictly Hard Bean coffee
- GUARANTEED FRESHNESS - Premium whole roasted coffee beans packaged in our triple-layer aluminum bag to lock in freshness
- Smooth balanced cup
- Whole bean
- 100 percent tarrazu
- Medium/dark roast
- Full body richness
- Coffee is roasted fresh immediately prior to packaging
- Coffee beans are slow-roasted to bring out a fuller, more even flavor
- Whole bean coffee stays fresher longer
- Coffee beans are packaged to ensure optimal freshness
- 100% Dark Costa Rican coffee beans
- Pack of 2 (total 24 oz)
- Made with 100% pure Arabica coffee beans
- Medium bodied with a fragrant aroma and bright crisp flavor
- Fragrant aroma, medium body, crisp flavor and bright acidity
- Custom roasted by hand in Camarillo, California
Costa Rican Coffee
Costa Rica coffee is known for its uniqueness and high level grade. Functional and good solid infrastructure along with the correct conditions for coffee farming enable the Costa Rican farmers to cultivate and process their coffee up to selling and exporting without much struggle. Costa Rica is not among the bulk coffee producing countries but take pride in producing noble coffee than other countries. The Costa Rican coffee is best when freshly roasted rather than branded.
Species of coffee produced in Costa Rica
No cheap and lower quality caffeinated Robusta beans is produced and is illegal to do so. The nation burned growing of the variety to encourage Arabica beans production which is more valuable and liked across the globe. Interesting fact is that Arabica is sensitive to changes due to weather patterns pests where else Robusta prevail almost any other condition. Since Robusta farming is illegal the farmers have no option but deal with Arabica farming. This in turn resulted to the country producing only the best.
Peaberry Costa Rican beans
Only the best coffee beans from only the best trees are picked which basically represent just 5% thus giving the best to consumers. Therefore a cup of this variety is strong with pleasant flavors that are well balanced.
Costa Rican coffee tastes
The flavors of the nations coffee vary mostly according with the method of processing and region where it is grown. Washed coffee beans are characterized by mild and clean finished taste, chocolaty and milk or/and honey flavor hints with smooth and very bright fruit properties.
The natural processed coffee has fruit properties like that of grapes, berries and citrus with syrupy body. The product of honey processing is low acid, sweet flavor with molasses and honey notes with fruitier aspect. Honey coffee is the sweetest of all.
Coffee producing regions in Costa Rica
The best renowned Costa Rican coffee comes from is produced in the Tarrazu region controlling about 35 percent of the total produce. La minita is the most famous variety from this region all over the world with the farm providing distinguished coffee every year.
Another famous coffee farming region in this country is the Doka estate located on Poas volcano slopes along the central valley. This refine provides one of the best coffee grade and flavor in the country. To motivate its regions to provide good coffee, the nation holds an Excellency cup each year to identify the top coffee.
Coffee growing regions in Costa Rica are characterized by high altitudes, rich volcanic soils and magnificent weather: morning sunshine and afternoon rainfall. More than about 80 percent of coffee growing zones enjoy this conditions which are almost perfect.
Below are the eight coffee producing regions in Costa Rica
- Wet valley
- Tres Rio
- Central valley
- Central valley
Methods used for processing coffee in Costa Rica
1. Naturally processed- this method becoming a favorite with most farmers since the cost is high for getting water for washed method.
2. Washed- the biggest percent of coffee produced across the globe is processed through washing. The cherry is put into wetting mills and the fruit is forced out using machines and water.
3. Honey processing intermediate between natural and washed method. On the outset of the berries, only part of the fruit is eliminated from the beans and the remaining part dry with the bean. Product for this method is more sweet and sparkling flavor.
The coffee growers in costa Rica usually leaves the fruit on for longer periods allowing it to get a lot of properties from the fruit as possible (natural coffee processing).
How to roast the Costa Rican coffee
1. Light roast: the flavor have hint of molasses, grape or honey. The taste is very sweet with mild acidic character and tastes very clean. The best way to bring out all this flavors is to brew using a paper filter.
2. Medium roast: this method mostly highlight full bode properties and the great ever sweetness.
3. Dark roast: produces a fine nice full of flavor product. This method gives an excellent clean and pleasant coffee characterized by great aroma.
Major Costa Rican coffee brewing types
Like every other brewing method available in the world sits well with Costa Rica coffee. This is highly attributed by the fact that most of the Costa Rican coffee is processed through washing. Example of the common methods is the pour over (filter brew) and lighter roaster. This method brings out the mild acidity aspect of the coffee. This of cause produces the finest, perky and clean cup of coffee from Costa Rica.
Other methods include automatic dripper and French press which are great for dark roast or medium brew. Espresso is suitable for a medium roast cup of Costa Rican coffee.
It is Important to note the following about Costa Rica coffee
Coffee production in Costa Rica is more advanced than in any other coffee growing nation in the world thanks to the Costa Rica national organization (Icafe). The association established a tax to be charged on all the countries coffee beans exports to fund itself. Only about 10 percent of Costa Rica population participates in coffee farming. Small scale farming is popular in the country as compared to large plantations.
Unlike other regions where all grades of coffee are mixed together, farmers in Costa Rica got the option of having their coffee beans milled at private millers. These millers separate the coffee according to specialty making it easier for buyers to have variety of their choice. Farmers are able to sell at varying prices according to quality.
The varieties of Arabica coffee grown is Caturra, Gesha, Villa Sarch, Bourbon, Typica and Villalobos. Coffee is harvested during December to February period. Elevation of growing area is about 1200- 1800m above MSL.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Costa Rican Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-12-10