Best Decaf Coffees in 2021
- 1 Best Decaf Coffees in 2021
- 1.1 365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Ground Coffee, Full City Roast - Buzz Free Decaf (Bag), 24 Ounce
- 1.2 SF Bay Coffee DECAF Gourmet Blend Whole Bean 2LB (32 Ounce) Medium Roast Swiss Water Processed Decaffeinated
- 1.3 Folgers Black Silk Decaf Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 20.6 Ounces
- 1.4 Amazon Brand - 100 Ct. Solimo Decaf Light Roast Coffee Pods, Breakfast Blend, Compatible with Keurig 2.0 K-Cup Brewers
- 1.5 Peet's Coffee Decaf Major Dickason's Blend, Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 10.5 oz
- 1.6 Kicking Horse Coffee, Decaf, Swiss Water Process, Dark Roast, Whole Bean, 2.2 Pound - Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee, 35.2 Ounce
- 1.7 McCafe Decaf Premium Medium Roast K-Cup Coffee Pods 84 Count
- 1.8 Starbucks Decaf Ground Coffee — Decaf Caffè Verona — 100% Arabica — 6 bags (12 oz. each)
- 1.9 Flavored Decaf Coffee Pods Variety Pack, Great Mix of Decaffeinated Coffee Pods Compatible with all Keurig K Cups Brewers, 40 Count Bulk Coffee Pods Pack
- 1.10 The Original Donut Shop Decaf, Single-Serve Keurig K-Cup Pods, Medium Roast Coffee, 12 count/pods (Pack of 6)
- 1.11 Decaffeinated Coffee
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Decaffeinated or decaf coffee is simply a decaffeinated coffee to remove or reduce the caffeine content in coffee. Decaf coffee is easy to stomach, less bitter and also low acid. It is good for healthy coffee drinking.
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. The packaging for this product has a fresh new look. During this transition, you may get the original packaging or the new packaging in your order, but the product and quality is staying exactly the same. Enjoy!
- Our 365 Everyday Value coffees go beyond great taste and aroma. They support small growers all around the world. All of our blends are sourced from top quality producers who prioritize sustainable growing practices.
- Full city roast, decaffeinated.
- Ground coffee beans.
- Certified Organic, Certified Kosher.
- DECAF GOURMET BLEND: This medium/light roast blend of 100% Arabica beans from Central America delivers notes of toasted almond, chocolate, & sweet mandarin for a delicious cup with a smooth finish.
- NATURALLY DECAFFEINATED: We decaffeinate our coffees via a Natural Water Process that uses water & filters, never chemicals. You'll get all of the great coffee flavor with none of the caffeine jitters.
- WHOLE BEAN COFFEE: Whether you're into finely ground espresso or drip coffee, or coarsely ground French Press or pour over coffee, our 100% Arabica coffee beans deliver a robust cup for every taste.
- QUALITY COFFEE: San Francisco Bay Coffee uses only 100% arabica coffee and certified Kosher coffee beans. Unlike kcups, our roasted coffee is ground and packaged fresh. We're so confident you'll love it, we back it with a satisfaction guarantee.
- SF BAY COFFEE is a family owned, American made company with a rich tradition. Our reputation reflects on us as a family so if you're ever not happy with your purchase, call us at 1(800) 829-1300 and we'll make it right.
- Contains 1 - 20.6 Ounce AromaSeal Canister of Folgers Black Silk Ground Coffee
- Distinctively dark coffee with a blend of bold and smooth flavors
- Carefully crafted by our experienced Roast Masters
- Works with a wide range of home coffee makers, and is specially recommended for French press and cold brew coffee making
- Makes up to 180 suggested strength 6 fl oz servings per canister
- 100 Decaf Breakfast Blend coffee pods
- Blend of select coffees from Latin America and Africa
- Nutty aroma harmonizes perfectly with medium body and acidity
- 100% decaffeinated Arabica coffee
- Compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 k-cup brewers
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
- Decaf Major Dickason's Blend: Conceived by Mr. Peet and his most discerning customer, Major Dickason’s Blend has become the coffee that epitomizes the rich, flavorful taste of Peet’s.
- Flavor & Roast: Incomparable world blend, rich, complex, and full-bodied. Dark Roast.
- Peet's Commitment: To achieve our signature rich flavor, we source the world’s best coffee beans, hand-roast them in small batches, and uphold the strictest standard of freshness.
- Obsessed with Fresh: Do you know when your coffee was roasted? We do. Freshly roasted coffee means a more flavorful cup. We print the roast date on each and every bag so you know you are enjoying the freshest coffee possible.
- Quality Guaranteed: 100% Arabica Coffee, Certified Kosher.
- Dark roast, whole bean: Swiss water process. Decaffeinated coffee should be exactly like every other one of our blends: deep, dark and delicious. Tip top taste with a mellow finish
- Tasting notes, brew method: Rich, dark chocolate, cacao nibs, brown sugar and roasted hazelnuts. Recommended methods: French press, drip machine, pour over and cold brew
- ORIGIN CENTRAL & SOUTH AMERICA: Grown in a socially and environmentally responsible way, by farmers with sustainable businesses they can depend on
- Organic, fairtrade, kosher, shade grown, Arabica coffee: Coffee that is good and fair for the coffee drinkers, the farmers and the planet. 100 percent certified
- Roasted in the rocky mountains: It’s all deep, dark and delicious, roasted right below the towering Canadian rocky mountain peaks.
- TASTE: Brew the deliciously familiar taste from McCafé into the comfort of your own home. This medium roast blend is simply satisfying with a rich aroma, smooth body and clean finish
- ROAST: Medium Roast decaf coffee made with 100% Arabica beans, and certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- RECYCLABILITY: Introducing McCafé Recyclable K-Cup Pods. The same great taste, now made from recyclable material. Check locally, not recycled in all communities
- SUSTAINABILITY: We use 100% Responsibly Sourced coffee to support a healthier planet and an improved quality of life for farming communities
- QUALITY: We start with premium Arabica beans, then expertly roast in a temperature-controlled environment to bring out the best taste, every time
- COMPATABILITY: Contains genuine K-Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K-Cup coffee makers
- Packaging May Vary
- Decaf Caffè Verona coffee is well-balanced and rich with a dark cocoa texture
- While the look of the package has changed, this is still the same great-tasting Starbucks coffee you know and love
- Enjoy the Starbucks coffee you love without leaving the house
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes 6 12-ounce bags of ground Starbucks coffee
- BULK 40 PACK OF DECAF COFFEE PODS - Perfect Assortment of Decaf Flavored Coffee Pods from top brands Like Crazy Cups, Van Houtte, Cake Boss, Double Donut, and Ekocups
- YOUR FAVORITE FLAVORS IN DECAF - You'll discover so many fun decaf flavors, including French Vanilla, Hazelnut, Dulce de Leche, Hazelnut, Coconut Caramel, French Vanilla, Caramel Truffle Sundae, Bananas Foster, Mocha Nut Fudge, Pumpkin Spice and more
- SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - All of our Sampler Packs have been carefully inspected to ensure each coffe pod is fresh and in perfect condition, to ensure a tasty and reliable brew every time. Contact us with any issues, and we will make it right
- COMPATIBLE WITH ALL KEURIG K CUP BREWERS - Our sampler pack capsules are fully compatible with all Keurig K cups Brewers, including Keurig 2.0. K-Cup and Keurig are registered trademarks. We are not affiliated with Keurig or Green Mountain
- PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY COFFEE LOVER - Our Decaf Variety Pack is a unique coffee gift for any occasion. With so many fun and unique flavors, you'll have something for everyone at the office, dinner, or holiday party
- Not too harsh, not too bitter - Just right
- Extra bold (contains more coffee than regular K-Cup pods)
- Medium roast, decaffeinated coffee. Decaf friendly for those that are caffeine conscious
- Each K-Cup pod is made with 100% Arabica ground coffee, no artificial ingredients and certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U).
- Ensure high-quality coffee every time with pods specially designed to work in Keurig brewers with exact grind and extraction
- English (Publication Language)
Before going into more details, it is important to note that coffee cannot by fully decaffeinate with zero percent of caffeine content. In some countries like the US, administration of drug and food insist at least 97 percent of the caffeine from the coffee for a consideration as a decaf coffee. In Europe a coffee is referred as decaf only if 99.7 percent caffeine content in coffee is removed.
The problem is that this is not required to be put in a packet so you can consume more caffeine in your decaf preferred drink purchased on a store. The most effective decaffeinating method is the Swiss water and ensures about 99.9 percent caffeine removal.
Important to note about caffeinated process
- The process is challenging- coffee contains a lot of chemicals that contribute to the aroma and flavors though only the caffeine is removed. Other contents concentrations should be left intact
- Green coffee beans are used for the decaffeinating process and roasted afterwards.
- Solubility of caffeine in water makes water a major decaffeinating agent.
- Water alone is not the best decaffeinating solution since it is not a selective solvent and dissolves everything soluble in the coffee beans. Some other agents are usually used the activated charcoal to speed up decaffeinating process and also prevent total flavor wash out by the water.
Swiss water decaffeinating method
Swiss symbolizes the origin of the method which was Switzerland around the 1930’s. This method is very popular and even more today and is a certified natural/organic method which results to 99.9 caffeine removal on coffee beans. Roughly, about a quarter of every coffee bean is made of soluble content in terms of flavor, oils, aroma and caffeine.
This decaffeinating method uses green beans and roasting only happens after the decaffeinating method.
The very first step in Swiss water method is to clean wash the beans. They are then dipped or soaked in water to open up the pores (pre-soaking). After this a bunch of beans is then immersed in hot water to remove all the soluble coffee beans elements. The resultant liquid is a solution of the caffeine, oils and soluble flavors extracted from the beans.
In completion of this, the flavorless beans are put away. Losing this beans is worth so as the process is fully organic with no use of chemicals.
Caffeine filter is then used to pick all the particles of caffeine. Though most of the caffeine is removed, the fact that oil and flavor remain makes the solution not really total free caffeine content (called extract). Another batch of coffee beans are pre-soaked to open up the poles and then immersed directly in the extract. Remember this is a solution with oils and flavors but no caffeine.The caffeine in the new coffee batch flows into the extract while the other soluble remain intact.
Other methods used in the decaffeinating process are indirect solvent method, direct solvent method and the CO2 process. Like the Swiss decaffeinating process, CO2 method is non-solvent method and no chemical solvent is used unlike the others.
What limits people from making awesome decaf coffee?
Being able to obtain some good quality flavored decaf coffee beans in not easy. This is highly contributed to the fact that the decaffeinating process damages the compounds constituting the coffee flavor which give the coffee some pleasant properties after roasting.
Something else is that roasting decaf coffee beans is complicated owing to the reason that they appear more brown than green. The beans make it difficult to control them during the roasting method since they do not respond to heat uniformly. On top of that the beans roast really fast since they got little moisture content in them.
However, if people are more careful and well informed while dealing with the decaf coffee, you can get a good and healthier cup of coffee. It is highly recommended to use not so dark roasted beans so as not to have a coffee with more damaged flavors as it have already gone through the decaffeinating process.
Best beans for decaf coffee
Since the coffee Arabica variety is not as caffeinated as the Robusta bean, most decafs are made from the Arabica coffee. Most people taking decaf coffee are not likely the coffee enthusiasts and this does not give it more minds when brewing resulting to terrible drinks. For you to enjoy a good cup of decaf, use some love and concentration when brewing it. Something else is that you should be very selective with the bean types, roasting and grounding so as to enjoy it more.
Sample of some of the best decaf beans
Lonestar decaf – wild coffee
This is decaf coffee made using the Swiss water method. It is a 100 percent coffee Arabica blend so some of the best quality coffee. The beans are sourced from southern America. Is usually a fair trade coffee produced from Texas and Austin.
The coffee is usually wild grown thus mold free and fresh flavor. These beans are popular for their dark crema. Lonestar coffee beans are organic, premium grade 1 high grown coffee.
Advantages of these coffee beans are that they are low acid and known for their freshness. The bean is characterized by nutty and caramel flavor accompanied with very great crema and is roasted in the US.
Eight o’clock decaf coffee
It is very popular in the US and is a bestselling brand in America. The coffee is good flavored and less costly (have no labels like fair trade, single origin or organic which mean value added brand). It is a product of methylene chloride decaffeinating. It is blend Arabica 100 percent with low acidity and smooth texture though very affordable.
It may not be as fresh since it is mass produced. The coffee is also generic flavored. The coffee is not as organic since a solvent is used for decaffeinating.
Don Pablo Decaf coffee
This decaf coffee is a Swiss water decaf and hundred percent Arabica blend. They are sourced from Columbia. Unlike many myths that decaf does not taste great, this in particular is different since it is rich flavored and full bodied.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Decaf Coffees with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-07-23.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.