Best Decaf Coffees in 2020
- 1 Best Decaf Coffees in 2020
- 1.1 Seattle's Best Coffee Decaf Portside Blend (Previously Signature Blend No. 3) Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 12 Ounce (Pack of 1)
- 1.2 Peet's Coffee Decaf Major Dickason's Blend, Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 10.5 oz
- 1.3 365 Everyday Value, Organic Buzz Free Decaf Coffee, 24 oz
- 1.4 McCafé Decaf Premium Medium Roast K-Cup Coffee Pods (84 Pods)
- 1.5 Maxwell House Decaf Original Medium Roast Ground Coffee (29.3 oz Canister)
- 1.6 Starbucks Decaf Ground Coffee — Decaf Caffè Verona — 100% Arabica — 6 bags (12 oz.)
- 1.7 Folgers Classic Decaf Medium Roast Ground Coffee, 30.5 Ounces
- 1.8 Amazon Brand - 100 Ct. Solimo Decaf Light Roast Coffee Pods, Breakfast Blend, Compatible with Keurig 2.0 K-Cup Brewers
- 1.9 2LB Subtle Earth Organic Decaf - Swiss Water Process Decaf - Medium Dark Roast - Whole Bean Coffee - Low Acidity - Organic Certified by CCOF - 2 Pound Bag
- 1.10 The Original Donut Shop Decaf, Single-Serve Keurig K-Cup Pods, Medium Roast Coffee, 72 Count
- 1.11 Decaffeinated Coffee
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Decaffeinated or decaf coffee is simply a decaffeinated coffee to remove or reduce the caffeine content in coffee. Decaf coffee is easy to stomach, less bitter and also low acid. It is good for healthy coffee drinking.
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Decaf Signature Blend No. 3 is now Decaf Portside Blend
- Decaf Portside Blend is a medium roasted, decaffeinated coffee with a well-rounded and smooth flavor
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle’s Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 g) of ground coffee for every 6 fl. oz. (180 mL) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes a 12-ounce bag of ground Seattle's Best Coffee
- DECAF MAJOR DICKASON'S BLEND: Conceived by Mr. Peet and his most discerning customer, Major Dickason’s Blend has become the coffee that epitomizes the rich, flavorful taste of Peet’s
- FLAVOR & ROAST: Incomparable world blend, rich, complex, and full-bodied. Dark Roast
- PEET’S COMMITMENT: To achieve our signature rich flavor, we source the world’s best coffee beans, hand-roast them in small batches, and uphold the strictest standard of freshness
- DECAF DONE DIFFERENTLY: If our customers say our decaf “tastes like the real thing,” it’s only because it is. Peet’s selects the same superb coffees, from our very best farm sources, and then we craft roast them only as only we can. The result is a cup that’s every bit as bold—just without the caffeine
- OBSESSED WITH FRESH: Do you know when your coffee was roasted? We do. Freshly roasted coffee means a more flavorful cup. We print the roast date on each and every bag so you know you are enjoying the freshest coffee possible
- DECAF MAJOR DICKASON'S BLEND: Conceived by Mr. Peet and his most discerning customer, Major Dickason’s Blend has become the coffee that epitomizes the rich, flavorful taste of Peet’s.
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market. The packaging for this product has a fresh new look. During this transition, you may get the original packaging or the new packaging in your order, but the product and quality is staying exactly the same. Enjoy!
- Our 365 Everyday Value coffees go beyond great taste and aroma. They support small growers all around the world. All of our blends are sourced from top quality producers who prioritize sustainable growing practices.
- Full city roast, decaffeinated.
- Ground coffee beans.
- Certified Organic, Certified Kosher.
- McCafe Premium Roast Decaf Coffee K-Cup Pods
- McCafe Premium Roast Decaf Coffee K-Cup Pods let you enjoy the McCafe experience at home or at work
- Medium roast decaffeinated coffee delivers a smooth, balanced flavor
- 100% Arabica bean coffee
- Brew a cup of McCafe premium roast coffee in all Keurig 1.0 & 2.0 brewing systems
- One 29.3 oz. can of Maxwell House Original Medium Roast Decaf Ground Coffee
- Maxwell House Original Roast Ground Decaf Coffee has a consistently great taste
- Decaffeinated coffee with a well balanced medium roast
- Made with 100% real Arabica and Robusta coffee beans
- Perfect for use in automatic drip brewers
- Packaged in a resealable canister to maintain freshness
- Certified Kosher ground coffee
- Decaf Caffè Verona coffee is well-balanced and rich with a dark cocoa texture
- Darker-roasted coffees have fuller body with robust, bold taste
- Enjoy the Starbucks coffee you love without leaving the house
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes 6 12-ounce bags of ground Starbucks coffee
- Contains 1 - 30.5 Ounce AromaSeal Canister of Folgers Classic Decaf Ground Coffee
- Lets you enjoy The Best Part of Wakin’ Up, even when you’re already awake enough
- Decaffeinated coffee that’s 99.7% caffeine free
- The timelessly rich, smooth flavor of Folgers medium roast coffee
- Makes up to 240 suggested strength 6 fl oz servings per canister
- 100 Decaf Breakfast Blend coffee pods
- Blend of select coffees from Latin America and Africa
- Nutty aroma harmonizes perfectly with medium body and acidity
- 100% decaffeinated Arabica coffee
- Compatible with 1.0 and 2.0 k-cup brewers
- Satisfaction Guarantee: We're proud of our products. If you aren't satisfied, we'll refund you for any reason within a year of purchase. 1-877-485-0385
- An Amazon brand
- Swiss Water Process Decaffienated - 99.9% Caffiene Free
- USDA Organic Certified - Whole Bean - Medium Dark Roast
- Rich and chocolatey with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity
- Origin: Honduras - 100% Arabica Coffee
- Try Don Pablo Risk-Free: Buy now, and if you don't love our coffees, contact us directly through Amazon, and we will happily refund your order
- Not too harsh, not too bitter - just right
- Extra bold (contains more coffee than regular K-Cup pods)
- Medium roast, decaffeinated coffee. Decaf friendly for those that are caffeine conscious
- Each K-Cup pod is made with 100% Arabica ground coffee, no artificial ingredients and certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U).
- Ensure high-quality coffee every time with pods specially designed to work in Keurig brewers with exact grind and extraction
- English (Publication Language)
Before going into more details, it is important to note that coffee cannot by fully decaffeinate with zero percent of caffeine content. In some countries like the US, administration of drug and food insist at least 97 percent of the caffeine from the coffee for a consideration as a decaf coffee. In Europe a coffee is referred as decaf only if 99.7 percent caffeine content in coffee is removed.
The problem is that this is not required to be put in a packet so you can consume more caffeine in your decaf preferred drink purchased on a store. The most effective decaffeinating method is the Swiss water and ensures about 99.9 percent caffeine removal.
Important to note about caffeinated process
- The process is challenging- coffee contains a lot of chemicals that contribute to the aroma and flavors though only the caffeine is removed. Other contents concentrations should be left intact
- Green coffee beans are used for the decaffeinating process and roasted afterwards.
- Solubility of caffeine in water makes water a major decaffeinating agent.
- Water alone is not the best decaffeinating solution since it is not a selective solvent and dissolves everything soluble in the coffee beans. Some other agents are usually used the activated charcoal to speed up decaffeinating process and also prevent total flavor wash out by the water.
Swiss water decaffeinating method
Swiss symbolizes the origin of the method which was Switzerland around the 1930’s. This method is very popular and even more today and is a certified natural/organic method which results to 99.9 caffeine removal on coffee beans. Roughly, about a quarter of every coffee bean is made of soluble content in terms of flavor, oils, aroma and caffeine.
This decaffeinating method uses green beans and roasting only happens after the decaffeinating method.
The very first step in Swiss water method is to clean wash the beans. They are then dipped or soaked in water to open up the pores (pre-soaking). After this a bunch of beans is then immersed in hot water to remove all the soluble coffee beans elements. The resultant liquid is a solution of the caffeine, oils and soluble flavors extracted from the beans.
In completion of this, the flavorless beans are put away. Losing this beans is worth so as the process is fully organic with no use of chemicals.
Caffeine filter is then used to pick all the particles of caffeine. Though most of the caffeine is removed, the fact that oil and flavor remain makes the solution not really total free caffeine content (called extract). Another batch of coffee beans are pre-soaked to open up the poles and then immersed directly in the extract. Remember this is a solution with oils and flavors but no caffeine.The caffeine in the new coffee batch flows into the extract while the other soluble remain intact.
Other methods used in the decaffeinating process are indirect solvent method, direct solvent method and the CO2 process. Like the Swiss decaffeinating process, CO2 method is non-solvent method and no chemical solvent is used unlike the others.
What limits people from making awesome decaf coffee?
Being able to obtain some good quality flavored decaf coffee beans in not easy. This is highly contributed to the fact that the decaffeinating process damages the compounds constituting the coffee flavor which give the coffee some pleasant properties after roasting.
Something else is that roasting decaf coffee beans is complicated owing to the reason that they appear more brown than green. The beans make it difficult to control them during the roasting method since they do not respond to heat uniformly. On top of that the beans roast really fast since they got little moisture content in them.
However, if people are more careful and well informed while dealing with the decaf coffee, you can get a good and healthier cup of coffee. It is highly recommended to use not so dark roasted beans so as not to have a coffee with more damaged flavors as it have already gone through the decaffeinating process.
Best beans for decaf coffee
Since the coffee Arabica variety is not as caffeinated as the Robusta bean, most decafs are made from the Arabica coffee. Most people taking decaf coffee are not likely the coffee enthusiasts and this does not give it more minds when brewing resulting to terrible drinks. For you to enjoy a good cup of decaf, use some love and concentration when brewing it. Something else is that you should be very selective with the bean types, roasting and grounding so as to enjoy it more.
Sample of some of the best decaf beans
Lonestar decaf – wild coffee
This is decaf coffee made using the Swiss water method. It is a 100 percent coffee Arabica blend so some of the best quality coffee. The beans are sourced from southern America. Is usually a fair trade coffee produced from Texas and Austin.
The coffee is usually wild grown thus mold free and fresh flavor. These beans are popular for their dark crema. Lonestar coffee beans are organic, premium grade 1 high grown coffee.
Advantages of these coffee beans are that they are low acid and known for their freshness. The bean is characterized by nutty and caramel flavor accompanied with very great crema and is roasted in the US.
Eight o’clock decaf coffee
It is very popular in the US and is a bestselling brand in America. The coffee is good flavored and less costly (have no labels like fair trade, single origin or organic which mean value added brand). It is a product of methylene chloride decaffeinating. It is blend Arabica 100 percent with low acidity and smooth texture though very affordable.
It may not be as fresh since it is mass produced. The coffee is also generic flavored. The coffee is not as organic since a solvent is used for decaffeinating.
Don Pablo Decaf coffee
This decaf coffee is a Swiss water decaf and hundred percent Arabica blend. They are sourced from Columbia. Unlike many myths that decaf does not taste great, this in particular is different since it is rich flavored and full bodied.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Decaf Coffees with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-10-31.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.