Decaffeinated or decaf coffee is simply a decaffeinated coffee to remove or reduce the caffeine content in coffee. Decaf coffee is easy to stomach, less bitter and also low acid. It is good for healthy coffee drinking.
Top Decaf Coffees
- Perfect Colombian blend quenches your coffee need without overwhelming
- Best beans roasted to perfection and packed at the peak of freshness
- Pack of 2 Can, 48 Ounce Each
- Decaf Caffè Verona coffee is well-balanced and rich with a dark cocoa texture
- Darker-roasted coffees have fuller body with robust, bold taste
- Enjoy the Starbucks coffee you love without leaving the house
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes 6 12-ounce bags of ground Starbucks coffee
- Certified Organic Decaffeinated low acid GROUND coffee
- Coffee Decaffeinated with Water Process, no chemical aftertaste
- Smooth and Creamy, Sweet and Earthy excellent coffee flavor
- Small batch roasted by hand for optimum flavor in our family-run facility
- One 11 oz bag of GROUNND Decaffeinated Coffee
- Our signature, Maxwell House Original Roast coffee without the caffeine to keep you up!
- Ships as a bundle of two 29.3oz tubs
- Each tub makes up to 240-6fl oz cups of Coffee
- Proprietary Flavor-Lock Lid technology designed to seal in Freshness
- Maxwell House Coffee has 125 years of consistent coffee roasting expertise
- GROUND COFFEE: Our Ground Coffee is the result of an obsessive pursuit to find the absolute highest performance coffee beans on earth. It's taken more than 10 years to identify every step of performance-robbing toxin formation in coffee and to find a reliable, perfect source of beans that always make you feel great. Clean and bright, Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee is a well-balanced coffee with a full body and undertones of caramel.
- PRODUCED WITH HAND PICKED ORGANIC BEANS: Upgraded beans are harvested in Central America from passive organic estates without chemicals (herbicides, pesticides, etc.). Each bean is hand-picked by experienced coffee harvesters - skilled people who only pick perfectly ripe berries. When the coffee beans are not carefully hand-harvested, the beans can be mistakenly picked unripe and damaged, which impacts the taste and can possibly affect the way it makes you feel.
- DECAFFEINATED: The same great taste as our regular Original blend without the caffeine. Decaf Upgraded Coffee is produced using Swiss Water Process, which is a non-solvent method for decaffeinating the beans for a clean tasting cup.
- OPTIMIZED TO MINIMIZE TOXINS: Ingesting mold toxins can contribute to chronic health issues. The proprietary Bulletproof Process optimizes every step of coffee production for performance by minimizing the opportunity for performance-robbing mold toxins.
- BULLETPROOF PURITY PROCESS STANDARD: Bulletproof Upgraded Coffee Beans are meticulously grown at high altitude on single estates in Guatemala, hand-harvested, carefully processed, handled and roasted to maintain maximum integrity and flavor. The final roast then undergoes proprietary lab testing to verify that our coffee meets the Bulletproof quality and purity standards.
- Smooth, medium-roast ground coffee that is easy on the stomach
- 100% pure coffee. Roasted in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Interlocking AromaSeal canister seals tight to lock in freshness
- QUALITY COFFEE, NOW IN K-CUPS: Since Alfred Peet opened his first coffee shop, Peet's Coffee has been known for quality coffees, carefully roasted for full flavor. Now that quality flavor is in the convenience of single serve K-Cups for all Keurig Brewers.
- BLENDS FOR ALL TASTES: Single serve doesn't mean single taste. Whether you enjoy starting each morning with Peet's dark roast House Blend, our light roast Café Domingo, or you prefer a variety, you can keep your morning routine without brewing a whole pot.
- SAME CARE, SAME COFFEE: The coffee in Peet's K-Cups for your Keurig Brewing System is the same quality coffee, roasted with the same care, as our bagged coffee. Enjoy the convenience of a single cup of fresh coffee with the taste & quality of Peet's.
- LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK ROAST: Peet's K-Cup single serve coffee pods brew a mug of coffee in some of our most popular blends. Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied.
- COMPARE WITH: Eight O'clock, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, Organic Coffee Co., Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Koffee Kult, Copper Moon, Community Coffee, Kauai Coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee, Ethical Bean Coffee, Don Tomas Coffee, Caza Trail Coffee, Hygge Coffee Co.
- Major Dickason's Blend- DECAF is our most popular blend without caffeine. Quite possibly the most flavorful cup of decaf you'll ever have.
- Major Dickason's combines the best origin coffees from the world's premier growing regions each imparting its distinctive regional characteristics while still effortlessly rounding into a smooth balanced cup.
- Major Dickason's Decaf comes from the exact same premium beans as the original to create a blend just as full of flavor body and aroma but without any caffeine.
- The mellow satisfying richness stands alone among decafs whether prepared in a press by drip or as espresso. It's the boldest of its kind
- Major Dickason's Decaf is a dark roast coffee.
- Unique blend of 100% Arabica decaffeinated coffee beans, medium roasted
- Same rich, smooth, and original taste without all the caffeine
- Packed in sealed bags for freshness
- Today Eight O'Clock is America's best-selling whole bean coffee
- Kosher certified
- Unique blend of coffee from around the world dark roasted for a fuller, smokier flavor and aroma, without the caffeine
- Unique custom blend, exotic regional coffee, and single estate coffee
- Richer, more full-bodied flavor than other coffees
- Inspected repeatedly before, during and after roasting to make sure all is right every step of the way
- Grown responsibly and Fairly Traded coffee
- Decaf - Love coffee but going caffeine super-light (even decaf has a tiny bit)
- Designed for Moms - Guilt-free coffee for all stages of motherhood: trying to conceive, pregnancy, breastfeeding and beyond
- Low Acid - Easier on your more-sensitive-than-usual stomach and your more-taxed-than-usual bones
- Organic & Water-Processed - No harmful chemicals are used in our growing and decaffeination processes
- Fair Trade Certified - Because we care about the health of your babies and the world they will grow up in
- Brought to you by Whole Foods Market
- 100% Arabica beans
- Full-bodied with a hearty aroma
- Swiss water decaffeinated
- 100% Arabica beans. Medium (Decaf) Roast
- Suitable for use at home or in an office break room
- 84-count single serve K-CUP PODS
- For use in all KEURIG K-CUP brewing systems
- McCafe Premium Roast Decaf Coffee is a smooth and balanced taste
- Premium 100% Arabica beans with just the right flavor profile
- Medium roasted coffee
- Delivers sweet and fruity notes with a well-balanced finish
- Same great taste and balanced flavor as our Original blend without all of the caffeine
- Kosher certified
- UNIQUELY HANDCRAFTED COFFEE: One, 10 ounce bag of Cameron's Decaf Highlander Grog Blend. We craft Cameron's Coffee to be the smoothest, most flavorful coffee possible. Our coffee is sustainable, hand-crafted, and small-batch roasted.
- RICH AND FLAVORFUL: This blend has flavors of rum with butterscotch, caramel, and vanilla.
- ALWAYS SMOOTH, NEVER BITTER: We choose only the top 10% of Arabica coffee beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Brew a smooth, full-flavor coffee experience every time. Never over-roasted.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: From roasting in small batches to reducing water consumption, Cameron's Coffee is committed to making every day brighter. Creating positive change mean caring about our coffee, farmers, and the environment.
- QUALITY FIRST: We choose only the top 10% of beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Never over-roasted. If you enjoy Lavazza Coffee, Door County Coffee, Caribou Coffee, Death Wish Coffee, or Illy Coffee - try Cameron's Coffee.
- • PROFESSIONAL CUPPING NOTES: SWEET BLUEBERRY | MILK CHOCOLATE | COMPLEX | FULL BODY | NO FLAVORING ADDED
- • At Jo Coffee, we purchase only from the top 2% of all Arabica raw coffee worldwide through direct sourcing and through a dedicated team of coffee cupping experts. We strive for coffee perfection in every hand-crafted artisan roast.
- • • With many thousands of satisfied Amazon coffee customers across the USA, you can also read thousands of customer reviews at our website. Send us your coffee review too! Like it? Look to your right and Share!
- • Jo Coffee is proud to offer USDA Certified Organic Coffee and Fair Trade Certified Coffee. We recognize and give honor to the many small coffee growers around the planet.
- • Click the "Jo Coffee" link just above the price section to see other Jo Coffee sizes and offerings. Check back as more offerings are coming soon!
- Bright, vibrant, and engaging. Our favorite way to start the day.
- Light roast, decaffeinated coffee
- Each K-Cup pod is made with 100% Arabica ground coffee and no artificial ingredients
- Certified Orthodox Union Kosher (U)
- Ensure high-quality coffee every time with pods specially designed to work in Keurig brewers
- Swiss Water Process Decaf - 100% Arabica Coffee - GMO Free
- USDA Organic Certified - Whole Bean - Medium Dark Roast
- Rich and chocolaty with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity
- Origin: Honduras
- Dunkin' Donuts Original Blend Decaffeinated Ground Coffee (45 oz.)
- Rich, full-bodied flavor of our signature Original Blend, without the caffeine
- 99.7% Caffeine-free
- 100% Pure coffee
- Steel can is recyclable
- All Purpose Grind
Before going into more details, it is important to note that coffee cannot by fully decaffeinate with zero percent of caffeine content. In some countries like the US, administration of drug and food insist at least 97 percent of the caffeine from the coffee for a consideration as a decaf coffee. In Europe a coffee is referred as decaf only if 99.7 percent caffeine content in coffee is removed.
The problem is that this is not required to be put in a packet so you can consume more caffeine in your decaf preferred drink purchased on a store. The most effective decaffeinating method is the Swiss water and ensures about 99.9 percent caffeine removal.
Important to note about caffeinated process
- The process is challenging- coffee contains a lot of chemicals that contribute to the aroma and flavors though only the caffeine is removed. Other contents concentrations should be left intact
- Green coffee beans are used for the decaffeinating process and roasted afterwards.
- Solubility of caffeine in water makes water a major decaffeinating agent.
- Water alone is not the best decaffeinating solution since it is not a selective solvent and dissolves everything soluble in the coffee beans. Some other agents are usually used the activated charcoal to speed up decaffeinating process and also prevent total flavor wash out by the water.
Swiss water decaffeinating method
Swiss symbolizes the origin of the method which was Switzerland around the 1930’s. This method is very popular and even more today and is a certified natural/organic method which results to 99.9 caffeine removal on coffee beans. Roughly, about a quarter of every coffee bean is made of soluble content in terms of flavor, oils, aroma and caffeine.
This decaffeinating method uses green beans and roasting only happens after the decaffeinating method.
The very first step in Swiss water method is to clean wash the beans. They are then dipped or soaked in water to open up the pores (pre-soaking). After this a bunch of beans is then immersed in hot water to remove all the soluble coffee beans elements. The resultant liquid is a solution of the caffeine, oils and soluble flavors extracted from the beans.
In completion of this, the flavorless beans are put away. Losing this beans is worth so as the process is fully organic with no use of chemicals.
Caffeine filter is then used to pick all the particles of caffeine. Though most of the caffeine is removed, the fact that oil and flavor remain makes the solution not really total free caffeine content (called extract). Another batch of coffee beans are pre-soaked to open up the poles and then immersed directly in the extract. Remember this is a solution with oils and flavors but no caffeine.The caffeine in the new coffee batch flows into the extract while the other soluble remain intact.
Other methods used in the decaffeinating process are indirect solvent method, direct solvent method and the CO2 process. Like the Swiss decaffeinating process, CO2 method is non-solvent method and no chemical solvent is used unlike the others.
What limits people from making awesome decaf coffee?
Being able to obtain some good quality flavored decaf coffee beans in not easy. This is highly contributed to the fact that the decaffeinating process damages the compounds constituting the coffee flavor which give the coffee some pleasant properties after roasting.
Something else is that roasting decaf coffee beans is complicated owing to the reason that they appear more brown than green. The beans make it difficult to control them during the roasting method since they do not respond to heat uniformly. On top of that the beans roast really fast since they got little moisture content in them.
However, if people are more careful and well informed while dealing with the decaf coffee, you can get a good and healthier cup of coffee. It is highly recommended to use not so dark roasted beans so as not to have a coffee with more damaged flavors as it have already gone through the decaffeinating process.
Best beans for decaf coffee
Since the coffee Arabica variety is not as caffeinated as the Robusta bean, most decafs are made from the Arabica coffee. Most people taking decaf coffee are not likely the coffee enthusiasts and this does not give it more minds when brewing resulting to terrible drinks. For you to enjoy a good cup of decaf, use some love and concentration when brewing it. Something else is that you should be very selective with the bean types, roasting and grounding so as to enjoy it more.
Sample of some of the best decaf beans
Lonestar decaf – wild coffee
This is decaf coffee made using the Swiss water method. It is a 100 percent coffee Arabica blend so some of the best quality coffee. The beans are sourced from southern America. Is usually a fair trade coffee produced from Texas and Austin.
The coffee is usually wild grown thus mold free and fresh flavor. These beans are popular for their dark crema. Lonestar coffee beans are organic, premium grade 1 high grown coffee.
Advantages of these coffee beans are that they are low acid and known for their freshness. The bean is characterized by nutty and caramel flavor accompanied with very great crema and is roasted in the US.
Eight o’clock decaf coffee
It is very popular in the US and is a bestselling brand in America. The coffee is good flavored and less costly (have no labels like fair trade, single origin or organic which mean value added brand). It is a product of methylene chloride decaffeinating. It is blend Arabica 100 percent with low acidity and smooth texture though very affordable.
It may not be as fresh since it is mass produced. The coffee is also generic flavored. The coffee is not as organic since a solvent is used for decaffeinating.
Don Pablo Decaf coffee
This decaf coffee is a Swiss water decaf and hundred percent Arabica blend. They are sourced from Columbia. Unlike many myths that decaf does not taste great, this in particular is different since it is rich flavored and full bodied.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Decaf Coffees with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-10-19