Decaffeinated or decaf coffee is simply a decaffeinated coffee to remove or reduce the caffeine content in coffee. Decaf coffee is easy to stomach, less bitter and also low acid. It is good for healthy coffee drinking.
Top Decaf Coffees
- Decaf Caffè Verona coffee is well-balanced and rich with a dark cocoa texture
- Darker-roasted coffees have fuller body with robust, bold taste
- Enjoy the Starbucks coffee you love without leaving the house
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes 6 12-ounce bags of ground Starbucks coffee
- Dark roast fine grind 48 ounce
- Seattle's Best Coffee has a new look but the same premium beans, specially roasted for a smooth taste
- Decaf Signature Blend No. 3 is now Decaf Portside Blend
- Decaf Portside Blend is a medium roasted, decaffeinated coffee with a well-rounded and smooth flavor
- Our recommendation for a great cup of Seattle's Best Coffee is 1 tbsp (5 g) of ground coffee for every 6 fl. oz. (180 mL) of water
- For finest taste, use cold, filtered water and store ground coffee in a cool, dark place
- Each pack includes a 12-ounce bag of ground Seattle's Best Coffee
- Dark roast
- Central & South America
- Swiss Water Process
- Fairtrade, Organic, Kosher
- Roasted in Canada
- All natural water-processed decaffeinated Colombian Supremo. Tastes like the real thing, without the caffeine. Natural carmel and cocoa with a hint of citrus.
- 2LB - Whole Bean - 100% Arabica - Origin: Colombia, Sharing Certified Program(TM)
- At Café Don PabloTM we feel that our coffee is the finest available. We use only the largest, most desirable Arabica beans, grown in nutrient-rich volcanic soil in the lush mountainous terrain of the world's coffee growing regions. These are award-winning beans that were cultivated by skilled farmers whose methods, knowledge, and passion for coffee have been handed down from generation to generation since the very first seed was planted.
- We roast these special beans in small batches to ensure our customers optimum flavor and freshness. We have found that people who really appreciate a great cup of rich, aromatic coffee can taste the difference between our fresh, just roasted product, and others that are roasted by the metric ton by huge corporations. We hope you agree. - Darron J. Burke President, Cafe Don Pablo
- Finely ground coffee
- Dark Roast
- Aroma seal canister
- Perfect Colombian blend quenches your coffee need without overwhelming
- Best beans roasted to perfection and packed at the peak of freshness
- Pack of 2 Can, 48 Ounce Each
- • PROFESSIONAL CUPPING NOTES: SWEET BLUEBERRY | MILK CHOCOLATE | COMPLEX | FULL BODY | NO FLAVORING ADDED
- • At Jo Coffee, we purchase only from the top 2% of all Arabica raw coffee worldwide through direct sourcing and through a dedicated team of coffee cupping experts. We strive for coffee perfection in every hand-crafted artisan roast.
- • • With many thousands of satisfied Amazon coffee customers across the USA, you can also read thousands of customer reviews at our website. Send us your coffee review too! Like it? Look to your right and Share!
- • Jo Coffee is proud to offer USDA Certified Organic Coffee and Fair Trade Certified Coffee. We recognize and give honor to the many small coffee growers around the planet.
- • Click the "Jo Coffee" link just above the price section to see other Jo Coffee sizes and offerings. Check back as more offerings are coming soon!
- 100% pure coffee; 99.7% caffeine free
- Swiss Water Process Decaf - 100% Arabica Coffee - GMO Free
- USDA Organic Certified - Whole Bean - Medium Dark Roast
- Rich and chocolaty with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity
- Origin: Honduras
- Brought to you by Whole Foods
- Coffee Ground for Automatic Drip
- 100% Arabica Medium Roast Coffee, Decaf Blend
- Enjoy the Tim Hortons taste you love at home, one delicious cup at a time
- The secret to our great tasting coffee comes from using our own special premium blend
- Ideal for Automatic Coffee Makers
- Smooth, luscious vanilla flavor in a mellow blend of medium-roasted decaffeinated beans.
- Medium Roast.
- Gluten Free and Certified Kosher.
- 100% Arabica Coffee with natural and artifical flavors.
- New England Coffee has been roasting coffee the same time-tested way for over 100 years, so you can count on a consistently great tasting cup of coffee each and every time.
- Certified Organic Decaffeinated low acid GROUND coffee
- Coffee Decaffeinated with Water Process, no chemical aftertaste
- Smooth and Creamy, Sweet and Earthy excellent coffee flavor
- Small batch roasted by hand for optimum flavor in our family-run facility
- One 11 oz bag of GROUNND Decaffeinated Coffee
- PROFESSIONAL CUPPING NOTES: SWEET BLUEBERRY | MILK CHOCOLATE | COMPLEX | FULL BODY | NO FLAVORING ADDED | Descriptive flavor terms are naturally occurring undertones in the coffee and no flavors are added.
- At Jo Coffee, we purchase only from the top 2% of all Arabica raw coffee worldwide through direct sourcing and through a dedicated team of coffee cupping experts. We strive for coffee perfection in every hand-crafted artisan roast.
- With many thousands of satisfied Amazon coffee customers across the USA, you can also read thousands of customer reviews at our website. Send us your coffee review too! Like it? Look to your right and Share!
- Jo Coffee is proud to offer USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Swiss Water Process Certified and Kosher Certified Coffee. We recognize and give honor to the many small coffee growers around the planet.
- Click the "Jo Coffee" link just above the price section to see other Jo Coffee sizes and offerings. Check back as more offerings are coming soon!
- QUALITY COFFEE, NOW IN K-CUPS: Since Alfred Peet opened his first coffee shop, Peet's Coffee has been known for quality coffees, carefully roasted for full flavor. Now that quality flavor is in the convenience of single serve K-Cups for all Keurig Brewers.
- BLENDS FOR ALL TASTES: Single serve doesn't mean single taste. Whether you enjoy starting each morning with Peet's dark roast House Blend, our light roast Café Domingo, or you prefer a variety, you can keep your morning routine without brewing a whole pot.
- SAME CARE, SAME COFFEE: The coffee in Peet's K-Cups for your Keurig Brewing System is the same quality coffee, roasted with the same care, as our bagged coffee. Enjoy the convenience of a single cup of fresh coffee with the taste & quality of Peet's.
- LIGHT, MEDIUM & DARK ROAST: Peet's K-Cup single serve coffee pods brew a mug of coffee in some of our most popular blends. Light roast coffees are mild & smooth, medium roast coffees are smooth & aromatic, while dark roast coffees are smoky & full bodied.
- COMPARE WITH: Eight O'clock, Vitascope, illy, Folgers, Organic Coffee Co., Starbucks, Dunkin Donuts, Koffee Kult, Copper Moon, Community Coffee, Kauai Coffee, Kicking Horse Coffee, Ethical Bean Coffee, Don Tomas Coffee, Caza Trail Coffee, Hygge Coffee Co.
- Rich and classic, our medium roast signature coffee is made with a blend of Arabica and Robusta coffee beans and naturally decaffeinated
- Resealable canister makes it easy to keep coffee fresh (and avoid spills)
- Makes up to 240-6 fl. oz. cups
- For use in all coffee makers
- 99.7% caffeine free
- 100% Arabica beans. Medium (Decaf) Roast
- Suitable for use at home or in an office break room
- 84-count single serve K-CUP PODS
- For use in all KEURIG K-CUP brewing systems
- McCafe Premium Roast Decaf Coffee is a smooth and balanced taste
- Decaf - Love coffee but going caffeine super-light (even decaf has a tiny bit)
- Designed for Moms - Guilt-free coffee for all stages of motherhood: trying to conceive, pregnancy, breastfeeding and beyond
- Low Acid - Easier on your more-sensitive-than-usual stomach and your more-taxed-than-usual bones
- Organic & Water-Processed - No harmful chemicals are used in our growing and decaffeination processes
- Fair Trade Certified - Because we care about the health of your babies and the world they will grow up in
- Made only with high-quality arabica coffee beans
- Starbucks VIA Instant Decaf Italian Roast Coffee is roasty and sweet with a rich, deep flavor and notes of caramelized sugar
- Just tear open a packet of Starbucks VIA Instant Decaf Italian Roast Coffee, add hot water, wait 10 seconds and stir. No coffee machine or grinder needed
- Create great-tasting beverages with these single-serve, ready-to-brew packets. Enjoy them anytime, anywhere--in an instant
- Includes 1 box of 50 packets
Before going into more details, it is important to note that coffee cannot by fully decaffeinate with zero percent of caffeine content. In some countries like the US, administration of drug and food insist at least 97 percent of the caffeine from the coffee for a consideration as a decaf coffee. In Europe a coffee is referred as decaf only if 99.7 percent caffeine content in coffee is removed.
The problem is that this is not required to be put in a packet so you can consume more caffeine in your decaf preferred drink purchased on a store. The most effective decaffeinating method is the Swiss water and ensures about 99.9 percent caffeine removal.
Important to note about caffeinated process
- The process is challenging- coffee contains a lot of chemicals that contribute to the aroma and flavors though only the caffeine is removed. Other contents concentrations should be left intact
- Green coffee beans are used for the decaffeinating process and roasted afterwards.
- Solubility of caffeine in water makes water a major decaffeinating agent.
- Water alone is not the best decaffeinating solution since it is not a selective solvent and dissolves everything soluble in the coffee beans. Some other agents are usually used the activated charcoal to speed up decaffeinating process and also prevent total flavor wash out by the water.
Swiss water decaffeinating method
Swiss symbolizes the origin of the method which was Switzerland around the 1930’s. This method is very popular and even more today and is a certified natural/organic method which results to 99.9 caffeine removal on coffee beans. Roughly, about a quarter of every coffee bean is made of soluble content in terms of flavor, oils, aroma and caffeine.
This decaffeinating method uses green beans and roasting only happens after the decaffeinating method.
The very first step in Swiss water method is to clean wash the beans. They are then dipped or soaked in water to open up the pores (pre-soaking). After this a bunch of beans is then immersed in hot water to remove all the soluble coffee beans elements. The resultant liquid is a solution of the caffeine, oils and soluble flavors extracted from the beans.
In completion of this, the flavorless beans are put away. Losing this beans is worth so as the process is fully organic with no use of chemicals.
Caffeine filter is then used to pick all the particles of caffeine. Though most of the caffeine is removed, the fact that oil and flavor remain makes the solution not really total free caffeine content (called extract). Another batch of coffee beans are pre-soaked to open up the poles and then immersed directly in the extract. Remember this is a solution with oils and flavors but no caffeine.The caffeine in the new coffee batch flows into the extract while the other soluble remain intact.
Other methods used in the decaffeinating process are indirect solvent method, direct solvent method and the CO2 process. Like the Swiss decaffeinating process, CO2 method is non-solvent method and no chemical solvent is used unlike the others.
What limits people from making awesome decaf coffee?
Being able to obtain some good quality flavored decaf coffee beans in not easy. This is highly contributed to the fact that the decaffeinating process damages the compounds constituting the coffee flavor which give the coffee some pleasant properties after roasting.
Something else is that roasting decaf coffee beans is complicated owing to the reason that they appear more brown than green. The beans make it difficult to control them during the roasting method since they do not respond to heat uniformly. On top of that the beans roast really fast since they got little moisture content in them.
However, if people are more careful and well informed while dealing with the decaf coffee, you can get a good and healthier cup of coffee. It is highly recommended to use not so dark roasted beans so as not to have a coffee with more damaged flavors as it have already gone through the decaffeinating process.
Best beans for decaf coffee
Since the coffee Arabica variety is not as caffeinated as the Robusta bean, most decafs are made from the Arabica coffee. Most people taking decaf coffee are not likely the coffee enthusiasts and this does not give it more minds when brewing resulting to terrible drinks. For you to enjoy a good cup of decaf, use some love and concentration when brewing it. Something else is that you should be very selective with the bean types, roasting and grounding so as to enjoy it more.
Sample of some of the best decaf beans
Lonestar decaf – wild coffee
This is decaf coffee made using the Swiss water method. It is a 100 percent coffee Arabica blend so some of the best quality coffee. The beans are sourced from southern America. Is usually a fair trade coffee produced from Texas and Austin.
The coffee is usually wild grown thus mold free and fresh flavor. These beans are popular for their dark crema. Lonestar coffee beans are organic, premium grade 1 high grown coffee.
Advantages of these coffee beans are that they are low acid and known for their freshness. The bean is characterized by nutty and caramel flavor accompanied with very great crema and is roasted in the US.
Eight o’clock decaf coffee
It is very popular in the US and is a bestselling brand in America. The coffee is good flavored and less costly (have no labels like fair trade, single origin or organic which mean value added brand). It is a product of methylene chloride decaffeinating. It is blend Arabica 100 percent with low acidity and smooth texture though very affordable.
It may not be as fresh since it is mass produced. The coffee is also generic flavored. The coffee is not as organic since a solvent is used for decaffeinating.
Don Pablo Decaf coffee
This decaf coffee is a Swiss water decaf and hundred percent Arabica blend. They are sourced from Columbia. Unlike many myths that decaf does not taste great, this in particular is different since it is rich flavored and full bodied.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Decaf Coffees with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-08-15