Based in Brooklyn, Driftaway Coffees is a coffee company that has a unique take on the nature of its business. You can opt for a personalized coffee subscription that matches your personal taste profile. This is a great way for you to match your taste according to the type of coffee you drink. After all, your personal taste is all that matters.
Top Driftaway Coffees
- 4 different coffees (2 oz each), each with a unique taste profile
- #1 Coffee Sampler on Amazon!
- Whole bean, single origin coffee, freshly roasted every week on Sunday.
- Roasted in Brooklyn and ships in eco-friendly compostable coffee bags.
- Each bag contributes to sustainable livelihoods for coffee farmers via World Coffee Research.
- TANZANIAN PEABERRY: These 100% Arabica whole coffee beans are grown on the slopes of Mount Kilimanjaro with rich volcanic soils & perfect climate conditions.
- TASTING NOTES: This gourmet African coffee displays many characteristics of Kenyan coffee, though much lighter in acidity. Wonderfully smooth and full-bodied this coffee is fairly rich in flavor but not overpowering. The taste is clean and crisp.
- WHAT IS A PEABERRY? This coffee is rare; only 10% of all coffee beans are considered peaberry. The beans are small & round with a cleft in the middle; they have a richer flavor than their oval- shaped counterparts, often rendering a livelier cup with a full body and distinguished aroma
- NO SLEEP 'TIL BROOKLYN: We're a 'Micro-Roasterie' roaster located in the heart of Brooklyn, NYC and we've been roasting delicious coffee since 2009.
- FRESH SPECIALTY MICRO-ROASTED COFFEE: We are dedicated to the fine art of handcrafted coffees. We only roast in small batches using state-of-the-art equipment so that we are able to expertly develop the flavor profile & unique characteristics of each coffee bean.
- The world's first carbon negative coffee: For every pound that’s sold, we donate a portion of the proceeds to fund reforestation in Ecuador’s Mindo cloud forest. Over time, these trees will remove 54 lbs. of CO2 from the atmosphere as well as provide habitat for native plant and animal species
- 100% Organic Shade-Grown Arabica Coffee
- A blend crafted perfectly for cold brew -- our Cold Press Elixir is a mix of our light and dark roasts spiked with our best Ethiopian coffees.
- Flavor Profile: Sweet, silky richness with subtle bright fruit and floral tones infused in a cocoa like body
- Craft Roasted in our vintage 90 kilo German-built Probat drum roaster retrofitted with modern fuel-efficient ribbon burners, delivering perfectly roasted coffee every time
- Each pound brews 1.5 gallons of ready-to-drink cold brew (1:6 brew ratio and 1:1 dilution)
- 16 oz of gourmet, Guatemalan whole coffee beans from Antigua, Guatemala that provide a rich, full bodied taste with a smooth, sophisticated flavor and an intense aroma - the perfect roast for any morning.
- This single origin, whole bean brew is from the Santa Barbara Estate in Antigua, Guatemala, comfortably located between two Caribbean volcanoes in the high altitudes in which coffee thrives.
- The young volcanic soil found in this area is nutrient-rich and fresh, the ideal growing place for gourmet, small batch coffee.
- Brew a pot of this medium roast coffee for a remarkable taste distinguishable by its heavy body, a lively cup with subtle smoky-spicy overtones with a superb, sweet finish
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- PREMIUM GIFT BOX - The Native American Coffee sampler box also makes the perfect gift for the coffee lover in your life with the premium small gift box and INCLUDED roasting tips. For the seasoned coffee snob in your life or the beginner looking to experience a fresh roasted variety for the first time, this sampler provides four different Native American coffees to try.
- NATIVE AMERICAN OWNED - Native American coffee is proudly a Native American minority owned and operated business. Preserving a rich heritage in harmony with the spirit of protecting our land is our Native Tradition and Native American Coffee continues that tradition with sustainable sourcing and locally roasted specialty coffees.
- ALWAYS FRESH - Native American coffee is roasted weekly in Fort Smith, Arkansas, and always reaches your door fresh. This variety is sure to give you a taste of the best that Native American Coffee has to offer. This means the coffee in this sampler is premium gourmet quality coffee without leaving the comfort of your home.
- SELECTION- Our 100% Arabica beans are sustainably sourced from all over the world, and roasted right in the USA. The varieties are all across the flavor spectrum and include light to dark roasts from the Native American Coffee selection. There's sure to be a variety in our sampler that becomes a favorite for you or the coffee lover in your life.
- UNIQUE - The hand crafted combination of beans in the Native American Coffee Sampler typically originate from Costa Rica, Colombia, Guatemala, Ethiopia and Honduras. Our roasts vary widely depending on season and availability, but are NEVER duplicated in each box. This ensures that each bag is a different experience. Close your eyes, and take a sip of fresh roasted coffee from the far corners of the world.
- Each sampler pack includes 1.32lbs of coffee!! Packaged in six 3.2 oz bags of gourmet, organic Arabica, whole bean coffee: Sumatra, Peru, Guatemalan, Espresso, Colombian and Good Morning
- Each bag in this coffee variety sampler represents the highest quality (specialty Grade A) beans.
- We select only the finest Gourmet Organic Arabica Coffee Beans, roasted in small batches to ensure optimum flavor and freshness for the best tasting cup of coffee!
- Makes a great gift for coffee lovers for any occasion. Comes in a high quality burlap bag, perfect for gift giving!
- 100% satisfaction guaranteed!
- GIFT BOX - Coffee lovers will love the unique coffee blends from our coffee bean sampler gift box. It is the perfect gift box for the coffee connoisseur and a perfect sample of our coffee subscription box.
- EXOTIC COFFEE - Our single origin coffee bean sampler gift set box is sourced from all over the world. The coffee box is global and roasted in USA to create the the perfect coffee gift for coffee lovers.
- FRESH ROASTED - The coffee bean sampler gift box is a sampler of our best coffee from the coffee subscription box. This coffee set includes fresh roasted gourmet coffee beans.
- COFFEE CLUB - This whole bean coffee bean sampler allows you to try our specialty coffee in a coffee gift basket! Each bag is about 5 cups of coffee for the perfect coffee beans sampler or gourmet coffee gift set.
- SELECTION - The coffee club whole bean coffee sampler gift box is the most popular of our coffee samplers. The variety changes based on world availability and season.
- COFFEE BEAN BOX SET: This box set has 1 lb of single origin coffee, roasted to perfection, straight from the Master Roaster. Experience single origin coffees and their unique profiles developed by Cooper’s Cask Coffee. Each box includes 4 different coffees: Sumatra, Kenya, Ethiopian, Rwanda as well as tasting notes, roast levels and origin information.
- AMAZING ROAST PROFILES: We've created vibrant and bold profiles for our single origin coffees. Excellent as an espresso, auto drip, french press or pour over. This box contains Grade 1 coffee from the African continent (Rwanda, Ethiopian, Kenya) and Indonesian Island cluster (Sumatra). Learn about the origins & roast profiles below. All of our coffees are Farm Gate or Fair Trade.
- COOPER'S GUARANTEE: We’ve spent thousands of hours working on our craft. Therefore, we are confident that you will enjoy our coffee. If for any reason you do not love it, simply let us know, and we will issue a refund or replacement free of charge.
- GIFT SET: This 1 lb box set makes a great sample box or gift set. The side panel indicates which coffees are inside and the master roaster’s signature.
- Cooper’s Cask Coffee uses only the finest grade 1 single origin coffees from around the world. Every coffee lot is cupped and tested to ensure quality. All roasting is done at our small batch coffee roastery located in Rhode Island.
Driftaway Coffees was started by Suyog Mody and Anu Menon as a passion project. At that time, they started to fulfill their desires to create and work for something they were passionate about, as well as for the need for great tasting coffee.
Suyog first motive in life was to become an entrepreneur, something that runs in the family. His father as one himself, and like many others in the family, even Suyog wanted to start and own a company. On the other hand, Anu Menon was somewhat of an opposite. Both studied engineering in Georgia Tech and worked together at a digital marketing agency called SapientNitro.
In 2012, both individuals had ample years of experience of working out of college. But while they liked their jobs, they wanted to do something else. They contacted one another to talk about potential ideas and search for answers.
Over the next few years, Suyog and Anu started reading the stories of people they aspire to be and watched a lot of TEDx shows. They wanted to find what they commonly loved. They felt that learning things from people who faced similar issues would help them figure a lot of things out. Also, for this business to bloom they had to quit their well-paying jobs; the idea of failing was very scary. So, they wanted to know about people and how they tried and failed until they succeeded.
Both have been coffee drinkers since their school days. But they did not know much about coffee. When the couple got married, they were gifted a grinder and an espresso machine. It was then when they started buying whole beans for cortados and cappuccinos. Their coffee geekery officially began.
It was in 2012 when Suyog realized the importance of a burr grinder and freshly roasted coffee. They started purchasing fresh coffee beans and began grinding and brewing their daily cups of coffee. After they moved to Brooklyn, they started looking for roasted coffees in the nearby area. But they could not find the quality of roasted coffees they were looking for. So, Suyog Mody and Anu Menon decided to start a company together and test a freshly roasted coffee subscription company.
Why Driftaway Coffees?
Driftaway Coffee is a roaster based in Brooklyn. The company offers personalized coffee plans and subscriptions that connect the customers and their coffee farmer, while also contributing an amount of money for their sustainable livelihood. The company ships a small batch of roasted coffees within six hours of roasting them. Driftaway Coffee also makes it easy for customers to discover their coffee palate and offers ideas and tips on how to brew and prepare better coffee at your own home.
How does the subscription plan work?
Once you sign up for a subscription plan or receive a gift subscription, you will receive tasting kits that contain different coffee samples. Each sample represents four taste profiles – bold, balanced, classic and fruity. After brewing and tasting each type of coffee, you can personalize future shipments via Driftaway Coffee’s official website or iPhone app.
Driftaway Coffee roasts four new coffees each month, so you will be able to experience new coffee flavors that are roasted in their preferred style. This system allows you to freely explore the world of coffee without having to leave your home.
This is a unique program that allows you, the customer, to provide observations, notes, and tips directly to the coffee farmer who has grown and produced the coffee that Driftaway buys from and roasts. Along with some bags of roasted coffee, this feedback is given to the farmers who experience the final results of their hard work.
This feedback program allows you to have a connection with the coffee farmer. It is a true ‘bean-to-cup’ coffee experience that is very beneficial for the farmer.
The Driftaway Coffee app
Driftaway Coffee has designed a custom iPhone app that allows you to manage all your coffee subscriptions while on the move. All your saved information will be available to you. You can read about or review different coffees, update your preferences and taste profiles, change, skip or pause your delivery dates, and rate each coffee you receive.
The flavors of coffee keep changing each month, but some of the most popular coffee regions are:
Peru Cajamarca Norte
Peruvian coffee is grown in the northern region of Cajamarca and is collected from many small farms on the steep slopes of the Andes Mountains. The quality and the consistency are visually evident when the coffee is inspected on being received. This shows that millers and farmers work together with an expert level of craft and care to produce this coffee.
Ecuador Altos de Marfil AA
This coffee comes from the southern region of Ecuador. A collective coffee grown by 44 coffee farmers, there are three varieties of this coffee – Caturra, Bourbon, and Typica. Bourbon and Typica, which are some of the oldest species of coffee trees, are the majority of the coffee grown in South and Central America. Some of these old trees are replaced by cultivated and newly bred ones like Caturra. The significance of the older varietals is a flavor profile that is extremely rare in South and Central America. The taste of Typica and Bourbon are grown in places like Ecuador and Colombia and is coveted with nostalgia by the people who have spent years in the coffee business.
Brazil Fazenda Mariano
These coffee beans arrive from South America. The origin is so close to the Driftaway Coffees that only a few days pass by that the coffee remains in transport and reaches the company for roasting and shipping. This coffee comes from Brazil and the transportation time is perfect to produce a richly aromatic, delicate and sweet cup of coffee.
Rwanda Kinini Village
While Kenyan and Ethiopian coffees arrive in the US by summers every year, there are many different options as Burundi or Rwanda during the winter months. The shipments are all harvested and shipped for the perfect arrival for the months between January and March. It is interesting to take in the small differences in all the different growing regions. You can expect floral and delicate notes in this coffee from Rwanda while the coffee from Congo has a much syrupy and dense flavor profile.
Driftaway Coffees ship some of the best flavored roasted coffees around the world. The uniqueness of the company is that they keep on updating their flavor profiles, so there is something new for you to taste each month. Or not, if you prefer your regular cup of coffee. The app is also a great addition that helps you manage your coffee profile.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Driftaway Coffees with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-12-10