Best Ghana Coffees in 2021
- 1 Best Ghana Coffees in 2021
- 1.1 Crio Bru Ghana French Roast 10 oz Bag | Natural Healthy Brewed Cacao Drink | Great Substitute to Herbal Tea and Coffee | 99% Caffeine Free Gluten Free Low Calorie Honest Energy
- 1.2 Crio Bru Ghana Light Roast Organic Herbal Tea Coffee Alternative Substitute 99% Caffeine Free Gluten Free Honest Low Calorie Energy Boost (10oz)
- 1.3 3dRose Flag of Ghana Map Ceramic Mug, 11 oz, White
- 1.4 Gone to Ghana: The West African Cookbook
- 1.5 Cool Africa Map Kente Cloth Gift For Men Women African Lover T-Shirt
- 1.6 Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend, Medium Espresso Roast, 2.2 Pound (Pack of 1)
- 1.7 Coffee Pods Variety Pack Sampler, Assorted Single Serve Coffee for Keurig K Cups Coffee Makers, 40 Unique Cups
- 1.8 2LB Mayorga Organics Café Cubano Roast, Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee, Specialty-Grade, USDA Organic, Non-GMO Verified, Direct Trade, Kosher, 100% Arabica Beans
- 1.9 Kauai Hawaiian Ground Coffee, Vanilla Macadamia Nut Flavor (10 oz Bag) - 10% Hawaiian Coffee from Hawaii's Largest Coffee Grower - Bold, Rich Blend
- 1.10 Dunkie Junkie Coffee Love Tee T-Shirt
- 1.11 Coffee in Ghana
- 1.11.1 Conditions for growth of coffee plants
- 1.11.2 Future of coffee growing in Ghana
- 1.11.3 Green coffee farming in Ghana
- 1.11.4 Coffee variety grown in Ghana
- 1.11.5 Coffee processing
- 1.11.6 Regions where coffee is produced in Ghana
- 1.11.7 Coffee production in Ghana
- 1.11.8 Coffee brewing for Ghanaian beans
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Ghana coffee is mainly Robusta and is characterized by the caffeinated bitterness. The flavor profile of the coffees is fruitiness, winey and berry like acidity.
- GHANA FRENCH ROAST: Bold &Roasty Flavor Delicious bold and roasty natural chocolate taste with an earthy flavor. If desired, add your favorite creamer or sweetener.
- BREWS LIKE COFFEE | TASTES LIKE HEAVEN: Roasted, ground, and brewed just like coffee, Crio Bru Brewed Cacao has the amazing flavor and aroma of pure dark chocolate. Brew our 100% pure ground cacao in your French press or coffee maker, and your kitchen will have the aroma of pure dark chocolate heaven in no time.
- SUPERFOOD PACKED W/ NUTRIENTS: Cacao is packed with nutrients like antioxidants to boost your immune system and magnesium to support bone, brain, and heart health. Additionally, while low in carbs and calories, cacao also acts as a natural appetite suppressant. Best of all, cacao is loaded with natural mood enhancers that can help you feel great, increase focus, reduce stress, and sleep better.
- HONEST ENERGY: Brewed cacao is 99.9% caffeine free but contains theobromine, a naturally occurring stimulant found in cacao that can be longer lasting, milder, and more pleasant than caffeine.
- 10 OZ BAG – Makes 23 standard 8oz cups of Crio Bru when prepared according to the directions.
- GHANA LIGHT ROAST: Chocolatey & Smooth Flavor Delicious smooth texture and natural chocolate flavor with an earthy flavor. If desired, add your favorite creamer or sweetener.
- BREWS LIKE COFFEE | TASTES LIKE HEAVEN:Roasted, ground, and brewed just like coffee, Crio Bru Brewed Cacao has the amazing flavor and aroma of pure dark chocolate.Brew our 100% pure ground cacao in your French press or coffee maker, and your kitchen will have the aroma of pure dark chocolate heaven in no time.
- SUPERFOOD PACKED W/ NUTRIENTS:Cacao is packed with nutrients like antioxidants to boost your immune system and magnesium to support bone, brain, and heart health. Additionally, while low in carbs and calories, cacao also acts as a natural appetite suppressant. Best of all, cacao is loaded with natural mood enhancers that can help you feel great, increase focus, reduce stress, and sleep better.
- HONEST ENERGY:Brewed cacao is 99.9% caffeine free but contains theobromine, a naturally occurring stimulant found in cacao that can be longer lasting, milder, and more pleasant than caffeine.
- 10 OZ BAG – Makes 23 standard 8oz cups of CrioBru when prepared according to the directions.
- Made of white ceramic
- Image printed on both sides
- This product has High gloss finish
- Available in 11 oz. and 15 oz
- Ray, Valeria (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 93 Pages - 06/07/2019 (Publication Date) - Independently published (Publisher)
- Whether you are a native from West Africa or not this African Map Kente Cloth art is suitable for him and for her. Perfect for men, women, boys, girls, youths and teens. Best for family, friends, brothers and sisters who are geography teachers or students.
- Cute present on Birthdays, Christmas and other holidays. Father and mother can give this to kids, sons, daughters and toddlers for an African themed activity. A great trend for couples, dad, mom, husband, wife, boyfriend and girlfriend who love traveling.
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
- One 2.2 pound bag of Lavazza Super Crema Italian whole coffee beans
- Mild and creamy medium espresso roast with notes of hazelnuts and brown sugar
- Blended and roasted in Italy
- Best used with espresso machine
- Produced in a nut-free facility center, Contains only coffee
- HUGE 40 PACK OF COFFEE PODS WITH NO DUPLICATES - Enjoy a wide variety of your favorite coffee brands like The Pioneer Woman, SkinnyGirl, Crazy Cups, Cold Stone, Wolfgang Puck, Cake Boss, and So Much More
- GREAT MIX OF TRADITIONAL AND FLAVORED COFFEE - Sample Different Styles and Flavors from the top coffee brands including: Light, Medium, and Dark Roast. Enjoy Espresso, French Roast, and flavored coffees like French Vanilla, Texas Pecan, Death by Chocolate, Coconut Caramel, Salted Caramel, Irish Creme, Caramel Creme, and More
- INDIVIDUALLY PACKAGED AND INSPECTED BEFORE EVERY SHIPMENT - All of our Sampler Packs have been carefully inspected to ensure each coffe pod is fresh and in perfect condition. Due to the vast variety of our sampler pack the combination of blends is subject to change.
- COMPATABILE WITH ALL KEURIG K CUP BREWERS - Our Sampler Pack Capsules are 100% Compatible With all Keurig Kcup Brewers, Including Keurig K-Cup Brewer 2.0. Keurig K Cups, Green Mountain and Keurig are registered trademarks of Green Mountain, and/or Keurig and we have no affiliation with Green Mountain and/or Keurig
- PERFECT GIFT FOR ANY COFFEE LOVER - Crazy Cups Custom Variety Pack is a Unique Coffee Present for any Occassion. Choices like Sumatran, Colombia, or Breakfast Blend are crowd-pleasers at any dinner, birthday, or office holiday party
- MAYORGA ORGANICS CAFÉ CUBANO ROAST is a cuban-style dark roast profile Mayorga has perfected, with hints of vanilla and sweet, syrupy smokiness, with a smooth, and bold finish with low acidity.
- IN THIS UNIQUE BLEND: Our Roastmaster craft roasts our coffees from Peru, Honduras and/or Nicaragua, and gives our Café Cubano Roast a unique signature flavor profile, making this cuban-style roast a Mayorga favorite.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED from quality-inspected, certified organic small farmers and cooperatives throughout Latin America. USDA Organic, Non-GMO Verified, Kosher, Direct Trade.
- SLOW-ROASTING PROCESS using our signature Latin, slow-roasting small batch process, we are able to give our Café Cubano Roast a distinct flavor. Our coffees are high-quality, Specialty Grade, 100% Arabica, Shade-Grown. Our coffee is roasted and packaged in the USA.
- TRY MAYORGA RISK-FREE. Money-Back Satisfaction Guarantee. We offer a 30-day money back guarantee on any product you have purchased from MAYORGA ORGANICS directly through Amazon. Send us a message through Amazon, and we will refund your order, no questions asked.
- There are no contents originating from Cuba in this or any of our products.
- 100% PREMIUM ARABICA COFFEE – Kauai Coffee is a 100% Arabica ground coffee, featuring a smooth, delicious flavor and amazing aroma. Each cup is a truly satisfying experience!
- VANILLA MACADAMIA NUT – We combined vanilla beans with toasted macadamia nuts and 100% Arabica coffee beans for an authentic taste of Hawaii.
- ROASTED TO PERFECTION – Our Roast Masters use premium beans, 10% of which are grown on our estate in Kauai, to capture the easygoing character and subtle nuances that distinguish our ground Kauai coffee.
- GOOD FARMING – From growing the coffee to roasting and packaging, we employ sustainable, farming practices throughout every step of the process.
- HAWAII’S LARGEST COFFEE GROWER – Kauai Coffee is Hawaii’s largest coffee grower. We have just about 4 million coffee trees grown on 3,100 acres – a true Hawaiian coffee estate!
- Do you love coffee so much that you can call yourself a dunkie junkie? Be proud brothers and sisters and wear this tee!
- Perfect gift for your coffee lover friends on any occasion! What are you waiting for? Grab one for you and your friends!
- Lightweight, Classic fit, Double-needle sleeve and bottom hem
Coffee in Ghana
Ghana is a country located in the African sub-Saharan. The country is bordered by like four African countries among which Ivory Coast one of the African coffee producing countries. Coffee growing was introduced in the mid-18th century in the country. The country is very popular for being the 2nd largest cocoa producing country in the whole world.
Though coffee growing is a small sector in Ghana, the industry is increasing noticeably due to the government effort to make the country recognized as a major coffee producer in the world. The country mostly produces the caffeinated Robusta coffee owing to the fact that the country have very low altitudes the highest being 400 meters above the mean sea level which is very low compared to the 1200 plus meters above the mean sea level required for quality production of the Arabica beans.
Conditions for growth of coffee plants
The country has warmer climates characterized by desert winds which brow from the south to north of Ghana giving the country hot days and cooler nights. The cooler nights are essential for delayed coffee ripening contributing to the fruity coffee flavor due to the coffee bean having greater period of interaction with the fruit cherry.
Since the altitudes are low with the highest being just 400 meters, Robusta beans do well in these elevations. However the country is not suitable for the high grown Arabica coffees. The country also receives ample rainfall needed for coffee growing with good soils and moderate varying temperatures.
Future of coffee growing in Ghana
The country have set a rehabilitation coffee program that is meant to increase the yields of coffee in the country. The country is targeting to double their produce up to about 10 000 coffee metric tons by the year 2021 (ten year project). The government has put under their management 5,000,000 coffee crop seedlings which are to be distributed to the farmers for free. The seeds are early maturing seedlings and high yielding and are expected to help the country achieve more yields in coffee.
In the year 1997 to 1998, the country harvested around 10 000 metric tons of coffee beans though this was short lived for a small period. This was due to negative pricing policy and price fluctuation in the global market. Ghana is also focusing at achieving a yield of about two to three tons of coffee beans every acre and achieve 100 000 hectares of coffee by the year 2021. With this goals the country wishes to achieve about 200 000 metric tons by the year2030.
Green coffee farming in Ghana
In the year 2006 the country worked hard and achieved 3 000 coffee metric tons annually with extension of acre coverage of coffee to about 5 000 acres. The country again achieved the targeted ten year coffee production doubling by achieving 6000 tons annually by the year 2015. This is a sign that the coffee industry in Ghana is subject to succeeding and it is possible to achieve the 10 000 or more metric tons of green coffee beans by the year 2021. The country is not only having their coffee yield go high but also working on their infrastructure to ensure that coffee production reaches the market more efficiently.
The country focuses to be in a coffee competitive position in the globe market where the country aims at selecting their good quality coffees and setting the in the competitive market in the United States, Europe, Australia and Canada so as the world can consider the country a serious coffee producing nation.
Coffee variety grown in Ghana
The country specializes mainly in the Robusta coffee beans which are often regarded as low quality beans compared to the Arabica coffees. The country lacks the required conditions to produce Arabica beans especially in the elevations. The country’s highest peak is 400 meters above the mean sea level which is significantly low as compared to the 1200 and above meters elevation required for growing the coffee Arabica beans. Robusta coffee does well in this low elevations and thus automatic coffee choice for the country.
The method used for processing the Ghanaian coffee beans is through natural or sun drying. The coffee drying processing stage is very vital at shaping the quality of the final coffee in the cup so it has to be done with much care. The goal of drying the beans is reducing the content of moisture present in the coffee cherries. Processing is done immediately after picking the coffee beans and is usually out doors on thin mats or on concrete/other drying methods.
To ensure the coffee beans are evenly dried they are turned using rakes. This drying method usually takes two to four weeks depending on the sun shine intensity. The coffee cherries are then placed in hullers when the pulp show sighs of peeling off for de-pulping. The farmers then carefully pick the unwanted things from the hulled coffee beans.
Regions where coffee is produced in Ghana
Though the country is major cocoa producer in the world, coffee production can be more lucrative in the country. This is argued from the point that cocoa require rainfall amount ranging from about 1200 to 2000 rainfall amount in millimeters while coffee can grow at an average rainfall of 1000mm without being supplemented with irrigation.
Coffee growing regions in the country include; Volta, Wenchi, Jamasi, Dambai, Drobo, Atetubu, Kete Krachi, Techiman, Nkoranza and Benchem.
Coffee production in Ghana
Coffee farming consist both of small scale and large scale producers. Small scale produces about 960 kilograms per hectare while the large scale producers produce up to 1.5 tons per hectare. The government is initiating a program where the small scale farmers are educated on high yield production in a small piece of land and also advanced farming methods together with financial support
Coffee brewing for Ghanaian beans
These high caffeinated coffees are best brewed using a lot of sweetening to deal with the bitter taste of the caffeinated beans. This includes use of condensed milk, sugar and ice to top up the flavor of the coffee.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Ghana Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-09-17.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.