Best Haitian Coffees in 2021
- 1 Best Haitian Coffees in 2021
- 1.1 Haitian Coffee (Vienna Ground, Single bag)
- 1.2 Cafe Rebo Tipilon 240g haitian coffee
- 1.3 Cafe REBO - Deluxe Roasted Whole bean Coffee, REBO Coffee
- 1.4 Cafe Kreyol Organic Haitian Hound | 12 oz - Haitian Blue Dark Roast Coffee - Whole Bean
- 1.5 Caribbrew Organic Haitian Coffee BEANS - Medium Roast - Fairtrade
- 1.6 Cafe Kreyol - Organic Red Honey Ramirez Estate Microlot Coffee | 12 oz - Light Roast Whole Bean Coffee - USDA Certified Organic
- 1.7 Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC, Organic Haitian Blue Coffee Pods, Medium Roast, 72 Count
- 1.8 Cafe Rebo Deluxe Dark Roast - 10 oz
- 1.9 Single origin Haitian Coffee - premium Arabica - Dark Roast Beans
- 1.10 Mokafe Tanboo Caramel Flavored - Ground Organic Gourmet Coffee - Medium Roast Premium Haitian - 100% Exotic Arabica
- 1.11 Haitian Coffee
- 1.11.1 Best Haitian Coffee Beans
- 1.11.2 Roasting the Haitian coffee to get better results
- 1.11.3 Brewing the Haitian coffee
- 1.11.4 Conditions favoring coffee growth in Haiti
- 1.11.5 Haitian main coffee production regions
- 1.11.6 Challenges facing Coffee production in Haiti
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Coffee from Haiti is renowned for its most distinct flavors and mellowness. It is characterized by medium body, fine and soft texture with natural sweetness and chocolaty hints. It is best served as espresso.
- Ground Haitian Mountain Blue, Medium Dark, 12 ounces, not 10
- 100% Arabica, washed Haitian coffee - hand picked on small farms
- Hints of dark chocolate, smooth, rich body
- Roasted in small batches. Balanced cup, mellow acidity.
- Fair Trade plus - 100% proceeds support farmers through Singingrooster.org
- haitian coffee
- haitian coffee
- whole bean coffee
- EXCEPTIONAL TASTE - Elements of Rich Cocoa and Toast with a Buttery Mouthfeel and Creamy Body. This Dark Roasted Coffee is slow roasted to caramelize the sugars that are naturally in the bean for a deep complex flavor
- AUTHENTICITY - Shade-grown at high altitude in northern Haiti, harvested 1200m above sea level, slow roasted to caramelize natural sugars in the beans, true Haitian street coffee, identical to Jamaican Arabica for a fraction of the cost
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Eco-friendly, USDA organic, Direct Trade, creates sustainable employment for farming families in Haiti
- DIRECT TRADE - We pay the local farmers well above fair trade value for their exceptional crops
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC
- Coffee Beans single origin Haiti Caribbean
- ROAST LEVEL & TASTING NOTES - Light Roasted with Strawberry aroma, stone fruit flavor, smooth, balanced, sweet
- ORIGIN - Northern Jarabacoa region of The Dominican Republic
- AUTHENTICITY - Shade-grown at high altitude, harvested 1400m above sea level, red honey processed
- SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Fermentation process creates natural gas that powers the operation, the farm donates books and computers to local schools, eco-friendly, USDA organic, Direct Trade, creates sustainable employment, farmers are paid above Direct Trade standards
- RAMIREZ ESTATE LEGACY - Founded over 60 years ago - the coffee estate has perfected the art & science of providing the most exquisite and flavorful coffee blends, along with supporting education in the community by donating books and computers to local schools
- EXPERIENCE THE LUSH HAITIAN BLUE VARIETAL - the Same Varietal as Jamaica Blue Mountain but at a Fraction of the Cost! Bold and Spicy Cinnamon Notes and a Rich Plum Finish.
- USDA ORGANIC CERTIFIED. Direct Trade. Northern Haiti. Arabica Blue Mountain Varietal. Grown 1,200 meters ASL. Washed and Sun Dried.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- Haitian coffee
- made with 100% Arabica beans
- Organic Ground coffee
- PREMIUM ORGANIC HAITI - Hand picked 100% specialty grade arabica beans from organic fields in Haiti. These exotic beans come from the nation that originally made the best coffee.
- SMELLS AMAZING - The aroma will fill your home every morning with this medium roast ground coffee blend. Start your day making this with an automatic coffee maker, a drip coffee machine, a pour over coffee maker, cold brew or french press.
- RICH PREMIUM TASTE - Sweetly Tropical with a Spirited Honey Aroma and Taste. The gourmet taste will make you want more!
- GREAT PRIDE - Our coffee farmers in Haiti ensure every cup of coffee has a rich, flavorful taste. There is a long storied tradition with Haiti coffee farming. Let us help continue that tradition.
- PLACE YOUR ORDER NOW - Just push the yellow add to cart button to order your fresh ground coffee today. Order for your morning coffee or share this awesome coffee with people that deserve the best for birthday gifts, coffee gifts, gifts for her, gifts for him, and christmas gifts.
The nation of Haiti and Dominican occupy the same island along Caribbean Sea. Coffee was introduced in Haiti by France and grew very prosperous back in 1700’s when it was a French colony. Most of Haitian coffee plants possess great quality to date. The major variety is the organic typica coffee beans. The interesting thing about Haitian coffee is that it have suffered hard brows and then arisen again a lot of times. The country is characterized by the very best conditions that are ideal for coffee growing. The country is the most devoted country to coffee growing success in the world.
Best Haitian Coffee Beans
The most grown coffee bean in the island of Haiti is the Haitian blue commonly referred as Haitian beans which are unique from the rest. Majority of exported coffee from Haiti is this variety. These coffees actually come from series of coffee growing cooperatives who sell their coffee together under this name.
The coffee is characterized by blue green like color and do beat most high grade coffee in the international market. They are usually grown under shaded environment; wash processed and fairly traded making them not only delicious but also natural and ethically sourced.
This is among the popular exporters of Haitian coffee. The company has established a firm network with the Haitian coffee growers with a very good reputation. Rebo basic goal is to ensure that the good quality well produced Haitian coffee is sold at good worth prices. The company provides valuable training to farmers to ensure that they are well informed on the right coffee production methods. This has resulted to Haitian coffee being of exceptional quality in the market.
Roasting the Haitian coffee to get better results
Haitian coffee beans are well diverse in that any method is just suitable to roast them thanks to their mellowness. They are best roasted as either dark or medium to produce a chocolaty like taste and beautiful aroma.
Brewing the Haitian coffee
Haitian coffee beans are gentler meaning it is not strong in floral, bright and citrus flavors. For this reason it is not suitable for dripping or pouring over brewing techniques.The brewing method should favor overall flavor and aroma hints.
They are known for dark roasting and thus suitable for espressos. They are medium bodied with smooth fine notes making it perfect for espresso brew without really outdoing it flavor.
Flavor and taste of the Haitian coffee
The main word to describe Haitian coffee is mellow. It is revered for its whole profile, low acidity, and medium smooth edged body. This delicious coffee from Haiti have sweet, soft and fine flavor with mellow hints.
Conditions favoring coffee growth in Haiti
Haiti coffee bean is exclusively Arabica organic good quality coffee. Coffee is grown using natural conditions though the Haitian people cannot afford artificial products to boost their yield such as chemical fertilizers and crop disease control products. Since the country doesn’t evolve methods applied to farm coffee some centuries back coffee tree variety also remain the same. This highly contributes to its uniqueness from all other coffees produced across the globe.
The mountainous regions where coffee farms are located in Haiti have humid weather with a biodiversity touch containing tree species such as fruit trees, laurels and tropical oaks which offer shading to coffee plantations.
The regions also receive ample rainfall and sunshine this boosted by the high elevation and humus rich volcanic soils which are the right conditions for coffee growing. The temperatures are also moderate and favor the growing of coffee in these areas.
Haitian main coffee production regions
The vast of the Haitian coffee is frown in the regions along the country’s highest mountains shared with the republic of Dominican. They include: – Northern Range referred to as Massif Du Nord; range of Montagnes du Trou de Eau; Chaine des Matheux; Montagnes Noires; Massif de la Selle; Massif de la Hotte.
Haitian regions famous for producing high standard beans are; South, Artibonite, southwest, center, Grand Anse. Only insignificant information exist about coffee beans of every region since the area have been highly atomized.
Challenges facing Coffee production in Haiti
The state of Haitian coffee production in in its worse state but there is much hope of it being better in the near future. The industry started being worse at the 90’s when more than enough trade embargoes and sanctions were experienced by the country making it next to impossible to export coffee. The country really suffered with many coffee farmers abandoning coffee growing do venture in other activities in order to survive.
The country is also popular in dealing with internal political and economic turmoil which have greatly impacted negatively to the coffee industry.
Other factors include crop diseases and negative environmental factors. Major disease is the fungi infection, roya that effect the plant leaves eventually killing the entire plant.
To make it worse the country experienced an earthquake in the year 2010 which was a big brow to coffee farmers in the country as well as the entire economy. The impact is still greatly felt even today where thousands of the Haitians lost their lives.
However, the country, with the help of groups which are pioneering sustainable coffee farming like the Rebo, is creating a hope of success. The company of Haiti coffee is also working day and night to move Haitian coffee industry to the next level. They have projects that are focused on preserving the coffee plants to remain stable and also make coffee industry in Haiti to be more than just a fair trade.
Another problem facing Haitian farmers is low coffee prices making farmers to cut down the crops and produce charcoal which is the most popular source of fuel for cooking in Haiti.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Haitian Coffee on the market today. We keep our lists fresh and current so you get the best options and top rated.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-03-05.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.