Best Honduran Coffee in 2020
- 1 Best Honduran Coffee in 2020
- 1.1 Cameron's Coffee Roasted Ground Coffee Bag, Honduras Santa Rosa, 10 Ounce
- 1.2 2LB Cafe Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic Gourmet Coffee - Medium Dark Roast - Whole Bean Coffee - USDA Organic Certified Arabica Coffee by CCOF - (2 lb) Bag
- 1.3 Organic Honduran Marcala Fair Trade Coffee, Whole Bean Bag, Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC. (2 LB.)
- 1.4 Cafe Molido:Coffee El Indio Extra Fuerte | Ground Strong Coffee From Honduras | 16 individual bags total of 1 ounce each | Guaranteed Best Coffee 100% Customer Satisfaction (Single)
- 1.5 Cafe Oro Coffee From Honduras 16 oz Ground Coffee
- 1.6 Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC, Organic Honduran Marcala Coffee Pods, Medium Roast, Compatible with 1.0 & 2.0 Single-Serve Brewers, 72 Count
- 1.7 MONTE VISTA CRAFT COFFEE -12oz Whole bean-1 Farmer, Roaster, Family - ORGANIC Honduran Specialty Coffee-MICRO-BATCH ROAST-Medium, STRICTLY HIGH GROWN with floral notes and CHOCOLATE FINISH!
- 1.8 5LB Cafe Don Pablo Subtle Earth Organic Gourmet Coffee - Medium Dark Roast - Whole Bean Coffee - USDA Organic Certified Arabica Coffee by CCOF - (5 lb) Bag
- 1.9 Honduran Medium Roast Coffee – 12 Ounce of Strictly High Grown 100% Arabica – Hand-Selected for, and Sealed for Freshness - Warming Chocolate Flavor with Hints of Peach and Honey - Parent (Whole Bean)
- 1.10 Cafe Passion Coffee Dark Roasted Honduran Ground Coffee , 16 Oz. - 100% Coffee from Honduras
- 1.11 Honduras Coffee
- 1.11.1 Tasting of Honduras coffee
- 1.11.2 Conditions for coffee growing in Honduras
- 1.11.3 Processing Honduras coffee
- 1.11.4 Regions where coffee is grown in Honduras
- 1.11.5 Main features of coffee growing in Honduras
- 1.11.6 Coffee and tourism in Honduras
- 1.11.7 Contribution of coffee to the economy
- 1.11.8 Why the wonderful taste
- 1.11.9 Challenges facing coffee growing in Honduras
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
The coffee is well known for fruit like flavors with light and wonderful sweetness that live your mouth watering. The coffee is well produced by washing. Cold nights at some regions contribute to delay cherry ripening giving the wonderful sweet tastes.
- UNIQUELY HANDCRAFTED COFFEE: One, 10 ounce bag of Cameron’s Honduras Santa Rosa. We craft Cameron's Coffee to be the smoothest, most flavorful coffee possible. Our coffee is sustainable, hand-crafted, and small-batch roasted.
- RICH AND FLAVORFUL: Full-bodied with dark overtones of brown sugar, and a rich, roasty finish.
- ALWAYS SMOOTH, NEVER BITTER: We choose only the top 10% of Arabica coffee beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Brew a smooth, full-flavor coffee experience every time. Never over-roasted.
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED: From roasting in small batches to reducing water consumption, Cameron’s Coffee is committed to making every day brighter. Creating positive change mean caring about our coffee, farmers, and the environment.
- QUALITY FIRST: We choose only the top 10% of beans in the world, hand-crafted to perfection. Never over-roasted. If you enjoy Lavazza Coffee, Door County Coffee, Caribou Coffee, Death Wish Coffee, or Illy Coffee - try Cameron's Coffee.
- Certified Organic by CCOF - 100% Arabica Coffee - GMO Free
- 2LB - Whole Bean - Medium-Dark Roast
- Rich and chocolaty with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity
- Origin: Honduras, Sharing Certified Program
- Try Don Pablo Risk-Free: Buy now, and if you don't love our coffees, Amazon will happily refund your order
- USDA Organic
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster.
- 2 lb. Bag, Whole Bean
- Bold Body, Medium Roast
- CAFÉ MOLIDO EL INDIO: ground coffee from Honduras, produced with best-harvested grains of coffee.
- THE SMOOTHEST COFFEE YOU COULD EVER HAVE: Café El Indio has an irresistible flavor and aRoma. Has an intense dark color when brewed. It is surprisingly smooth and not bitter like many dark coffees.
- TAKE YOUR COFFEE EVERY MORNING AND SAVE TIME: Café El Indio comes with 16 individual plastic bags with 1 ounce each.
- GUARANTEED BEST COFFEE 100% Customer Satisfaction
- Cafe Oro Coffee From Honduras 16 oz Ground Coffee
- Cafe Oro known as the Golden Coffee
- Delicious Smooth Blend
- THIS ORGANIC HONDURAN MARCALA COFEE IS BOLD AND BRIGHT with Notes of Chocolate, Lemon, and Walnut. A smooth and sugary-sweet delight with an acidic lemon wedge finish!
- USDA ORGANIC CERTIFIED, FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED. Medium Roast with a Bold Body. Single-Origin from La Pas, Marcala, Honduras. Bourbon, Typica, Cataui, Caturra Varietals. Washed and Solar/Mechanically Dried.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count, 36 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- MICRO-BATCH FRESHNESS - Our coffee beans are handpicked, carefully selected and roasted to perfection in small batches to ensure richness of flavor and quality
- A FARM TO CUP EXPERIENCE - It has been a family tradition focused on quality for over 50 years (3 GENERATIONS)
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - you be the judge. If you don't love it, we will refund your order.
- STRICTLY HIGH GROWN - Our coffee is produced at 4700ft above sea level, giving you the best brew every time
- FLAVOR PROFILE - Citrus Caramel Aroma, Medium Acidity and Sweet Chocolate Finish
- Certified Organic by CCOF - 100% Arabica - GMO Free - Low Acidity
- 5LB - Whole Bean - Medium Dark Roast
- Rich and chocolaty with profound depth of flavor, velvety body, and low acidity
- Origin: Honduras, Sharing Certified Program
- For optimum freshness and quality, only purchase Subtle Earth Coffee from Burke Brands LLC
- ✔ WHY HIGH ELEVATION IS BETTER… Hondubean is strictly high grown coffee which means the beans mature slower and provide a fuller, smoother, more balanced flavor that’s very desirable
- ✔ METICULOUSLY HAND-SELECTED… gourmet whole coffee beans from the most-savory Santa Barbara mountains, so you can drink genuine Honduran coffee from the comfort of your home
- ✔ SMALL BATCH ROASTING ENSURES QUALITY… Hondubean safeguards its refined taste and more nuanced chocolaty, fruity flavors by roasting the Arabica beans in small batches to maintain premium
- ✔ ASSURED FRESHNESS… CAFÉ2COFFEE nurtures and supports its select farmers by helping build sustainable farms and communities, which guarantees the Hondubean blend is always fresh using the best beans
- ✔ SAVOR THE SPECIAL FLAVOR… 100% medium roast Arabica with subtle aromas of honey, peach and citrus, and a chocolaty, creamy well-balanced delicious taste ideal for morning or evening coffee
- 100% Coffee from Honduras
- 100% Arabica
- Ground Coffee.
- A true coffee drinker's delight.
- Central America Coffee's Outstanding Quality.
Coffee farming in the nation of Honduras has been closely related to its history. Though it does not rank top in coffee production, Honduras is one of the countries producing delicious coffee beans that appeal to most of the worlds population. One of the factors hindering the country to export more coffee is absence of means to ship their coffee efficiently to other parts of the world. The fact that the country sometimes consumes up to ninety percent of their coffee makes people wonder whether they just want to enjoy their homely great value coffee domestically.
The country mainly practices small scale coffee growing with over 100,000 coffee growers. The country exports about six million coffee bags each every year.
Tasting of Honduras coffee
Though flavor varies with region, common ones are caramel and darker hints with light notes characterized by berries and tropical fruit hints. Sweet chocolaty flavors have also been associated with Honduras coffee beans.
Conditions for coffee growing in Honduras
Coffee growing regions in Honduras are characterized by high altitudes, rich volcanic soils and great weather: morning sunshine and afternoon rainfall. The temperatures are moderate which favors the cultivation of good quality coffee.
The country is prone to hurricanes that damage very high amounts of the crop. Another factor that faces coffee growers is roya, a coffee disease that affects the leaves- fungi like.
Processing Honduras coffee
Wet processing is popular in Honduras as opposed to dry processing. This process involves washing coffee beans using water to forcefully remove the cherry and then dries the beans. The method produce coffee with a lot of wonderful favors though it effects the environment since a lot of water is needed. After washing the coffee is graded depending on the altitude of where it was grown.
Regions where coffee is grown in Honduras
This region lies in the south west region of the country. The climate is warmer and contains a lot of humidity which favors wet washing. The altitudes vary from 1100 to 1400 meters above sea level. The beans grown in this region are fruitier like with unique chocolaty aroma and profound sweetness.
The region lies along the western zone of the Honduras with elevations ranging from1000- 1500 meters above sea level. This region beans are known for their sweet flavor with hints of chocolaty and citrus or caramel notes.
The region highest altitudes are 1600 meter with cold nights which are believed to delay cherry ripening giving the coffee from this region a more enhanced fruiter and sweet taste. The coffees from this region in Honduras are revered for their flavor tastes with strong and numerous fruits notes.
It is located southern of Honduras nation with elevation of about 1400 meters above the sea level. The region is popular for receiving awards for their coffee production recently. Coffee beans from this region are characterized by sweetness with apple, blueberries, peaches, and notes of subtle jasmine.
The region is gifted with high altitudes of about 1500 meters above MSL. Major flavors of the coffee grown here are hints of berries and fruits with the most composite flavor. The region is east from Copan.
This region is in Honduras center with elevations of about 1000- 1500 meters above mean sea level. The coffee beans grown in this region have citrus hints, low acidity, with a sweet flavor.
Main features of coffee growing in Honduras
The major method of coffee beans processing is washing where natural processing is not common owing to it humid conditions.
Apricot, chocolate, berries; tropical fruits and caramel are the major flavors of Honduras coffee.
The average elevation of coffee growing is around 1500 meters above sea level.
Seventy percent of coffee farms in Honduras are managed by small families and have an area of less than two hectares.
Temperature varies with elevation and region with them varying from 16 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius.
The country is less fertile than other countries that grow coffee in America for instance Guatemala which has rich ash volcanic soils.
The main variety grown is Arabica: Caturra, Pacas, typica, Bourbon and Catuai.
Coffee and tourism in Honduras
Coffee plantations in Honduras are characterized by beautiful scenarios. Visitors are welcomed to view their coffee firms and processing procedures. Vast percentage of the Honduras coffee is grown under the cover of tree shades and other plants like bananas. The shade provide additional source of income. Coffee grown under the shading is popular for having the best tastes with less strong acids giving the consumers a special unique tasting cup of coffee.
Contribution of coffee to the economy
High coffee beans producing have attributed to a growing economy in Honduras. Availability of effective shipping methods has increased the countries exports making it the top most coffee producing nation in Honduras. This have in turn contributed to living standard improvement for the families producing coffee beans. As a result of the country becoming popular due to its high yields of coffee and for that reason good quality, the country have increased tourist visit from the world. Honduras coffee is becoming more appealing in the international market.
Why the wonderful taste
Most finely and high- end Honduras coffee beans are popular for their sweet and mild acid flavors which together offer the best cup of beverage. The soils are very rich, deep and dark thanks to the decayed vegetation providing soil cover and providing shading to the coffee plants. Use of artificial fertilizers is not necessary since the soil is humus rich giving the coffee the most natural flavors. If you are seeking organically grew coffee be sure to ask for Honduras coffee.
Challenges facing coffee growing in Honduras
Selling of coffee locally due to sufficient and functional abroad shipping methods has led to farmers lower returns. Other factors include Long time and a lot of resource investment has discouraged farmers. A coffee plant takes about four years for farmers to start getting results.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Honduran Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-05-28.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.