Best Honduran Coffee in 2021
- 1 Best Honduran Coffee in 2021
- 1.1 Fresh Roasted Coffee, Organic Honduran Marcala, Medium Roast, Fair Trade Kosher, Whole Bean, 32 Ounce
- 1.2 Clean Coffee Co Honduran El Jaguar, Dark Roast Ground Coffee, 12 Ounce Bag, Single-Origin, Toxin-Free, Rich In Antioxidants, Low Acid, Smooth Taste
- 1.3 HOPE Coffee Honduran Medium Whole Bean Coffee - 12 OZ
- 1.4 Crazy Fresh Honduran Santa Rosa SHG Whole Bean Coffee - Medium Full City Roast, 2 lbs - Delicious Smooth Rich Flavor with No Bitter Taste - Makes an Amazing Cold Brew Coffee, Light Blonde Roast
- 1.5 Fresh Roasted Coffee, Organic Honduran Marcala, Fair Trade Kosher, K-Cup Compatible, 72 Pods
- 1.6 Maud's Organic Honduran Coffee (Organic Dark Roast Coffee), 24ct. Solar Energy Produced Recyclable Single Serve Fair Trade Single Origin Honduras Coffee Pods - 100% Arabica Coffee, KCup Compatible
- 1.7 Twin Peaks Coffee Honduran Single Serve Pour Over Drip Bag Medium Roast Coffee - 100 Single Cup Pouches
- 1.8 Twin Peaks Premium 100% All Natural Single-Serve Pour Over Honduran Arabica Coffee, Non GMO, 10 Pouches
- 1.9 5lb Fair Trade Certified Honduran Medium Roast Ground, 100% Arabica Specialty Coffee, 80 ounces, 5 pounds, Bulk Coffee
- 1.10 MONTE VISTA CRAFT COFFEE - Honduran Specialty Coffee-MICRO-BATCH ROAST-Medium dark Roast, STRICTLY HIGH GROWN with floral notes and CHOCOLATE FINISH! 12oz
- 1.11 Honduras Coffee
- 1.11.1 Tasting of Honduras coffee
- 1.11.2 Conditions for coffee growing in Honduras
- 1.11.3 Processing Honduras coffee
- 1.11.4 Regions where coffee is grown in Honduras
- 1.11.5 Main features of coffee growing in Honduras
- 1.11.6 Coffee and tourism in Honduras
- 1.11.7 Contribution of coffee to the economy
- 1.11.8 Why the wonderful taste
- 1.11.9 Challenges facing coffee growing in Honduras
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
The coffee is well known for fruit like flavors with light and wonderful sweetness that live your mouth watering. The coffee is well produced by washing. Cold nights at some regions contribute to delay cherry ripening giving the wonderful sweet tastes.
- USDA Organic
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- Bold Body, Medium Roast
- Contains 1 - 12 Ounce Bag of CLEAN COFFEE CO Honduran El Jaguar, Dark Roast Ground Coffee
- FREE OF 150+ TOXINS, MOLD & AGRICHEMICALS - Not your average cup of Joe, our coffee provides both functional and nutritional benefits while delivering a pure bold flavor without the bitter taste
- HONDURAN COFFEE BEAN - Hand-picked, hand-washed, sun-dried to perfection, rich in antioxidants, low acid, smooth taste
- RICH IN ANTIOXIDANT CGA - Our coffee contains the antioxidant CGA that detoxifies your body and helps fight off disease
- SMOOTH AND MELLOW TASTE, LOW IN ACID - Naturally low acid without any treatment process for great taste without the digestive issues. PRO TIP: Try adding 1.5-2x the standard recommended amount for a stronger cup!
- Strictly High Grown (SHG), Direct Trade Arabica Honduran Coffee
- Medium roast, light-medium body with lingering dry finish and flavors of nuts, biscotti, apple, apricot, raspberry, raisins, blueberry
- Empowers coffee farmers in Mexico, Honduras and Guatemala through Direct Trade relationships
- Roasted and packaged in the U.S.A. for the greatest freshness and most consistent flavor
- Profits Fund Shelter, Water and Education Projects
- ROASTED FRESH COFFEE BEANS – We source the finest tasting beans and meticulously roast them in Michigan to perfection in small batches while maintaining maximum freshness and flavor and delivering it to you as soon as possible
- SMOOTH RICH FLAVOR WITH NO BITTER AFTERTASTE – Carefully sourced from the finest Honduran Santa Rosa SHG beans; Light roasted smooth, amazing aroma, no bitter aftertaste, low acid and earthy scent; With notes of chocolate, with a crisp, bright vibrant flavor
- PERFECT COLD BREW COFFEE BEANS – You will love making this as a cold brew coffee; Smooth, rich and aromatic with a cold clean refreshing flavor; Always clean finishing with no bad aftertaste
- OBSESSED WITH DELICIOUS FRESH COFFEE – We only use a premium bag with a special valve to maintain freshness so your coffee will always taste fresh and smooth every morning
- GOURMET TASTE WITH ALL BREWING METHODS – Delicious refreshing flavor when made with all coffee machines, cold brew coffee makers, drip machines, espresso makers, French Press, Aeropress, Chemex/pour overs, and glass siphons
- THIS ORGANIC HONDURAN MARCALA COFEE IS BOLD AND BRIGHT with Notes of Chocolate, Lemon, and Walnut. A smooth and sugary-sweet delight with an acidic lemon wedge finish!
- USDA ORGANIC CERTIFIED, FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED. Medium Roast with a Bold Body. Single-Origin from La Pas, Marcala, Honduras. Bourbon, Typica, Cataui, Caturra Varietals. Washed and Solar/Mechanically Dried.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- Roast Profile - Maud's Organic Honduran Coffee delivers a low acidity rich full bodied bold dark roast that is not too heavy and carries smooth notes of walnuts and cocoa.
- 100% Arabica Organic Honduras Coffee - We use only high quality 100% Arabica coffee including organic and fair trade beans from premier growing regions around the world.
- California Roasted & 100% Solar Energy Produced - On their way to your cup, our flavorful beans also get a California tan, roasted to perfection in our own Solar Energy Powered San Diego facility, where we can monitor the quality and character of each batch. Our goal is to be carbon neutral by 2024.
- Single Servings - Designed for use with nearly all single serve coffee makers and Keurig KCup compatible brewers, including 2.0 machines. Maud's is not affiliated with Green Mountain Coffee Roasters Inc. or Keurig Inc.
- 100% Recyclable Honduran Coffee Pods - Our Organic Honduras coffee pods are made from recyclable #5 plastic materials and feature easy peel tabs to ensure recyclability across the USA.
- QUALITY: Our all-natural 100% Arabica Honduran coffee is freshly roasted in small batches just before we ship your order to ensure great cup of coffee
- FRESHNESS: Twin Peaks single serve pour over coffee individual pouches are nitrogen flushed to ensure freshness
- MEANT TO GO WITH YOU: Single Drip Coffee packets brew a great cup of coffee on the go and are perfect for traveling, backpacking, & camping. No single serve coffee machine or stovetop kettle needed. All you need is hot water! Twin Peaks pour over pouch filters are like having a personal portable drip coffee percolator.
- FUN FACT: The drip coffee pouch originated in Japan but is now popular throughout China, Korea, & other Asia countries. No preparation. No Messy Coffee Grounds. No Cleanup. Coffee singles are quick, easy, and convenient
- QUALITY COFFEE- Twin Peaks uses 100% Honduran Arabica Whole Bean Coffee to make sure you get the Perfect Cup of Coffee Every Time.
- NON GMO - Our coffee is verified non GMO with no additives or artificial flavors, making sure nothing gets in the way of our clean whole bean flavor.
- ABOUT US - We’ve seen a lot of different sides of the coffee experience. We’ve washed dishes, worked as barista, owned and ran cafes, and drank a fair bit of coffee. The goal was then, and still is now, to help people enjoy beautiful, fresh roasted coffee in an uncomplicated manner.
- Small Batch Roasted Specialty Coffee. 100% of the profits go towards orphans and vulnerable children.
- Medium Roast. Ground.
- Fair Trade USA Certified.
- Flavor Notes are “nutty, sugary/sweet body, with a hint of chocolate”
- Roasted, ground, and packaged the same day. Fresh Coffee. The way coffee should be.
- Ingredients: 100% Organic Honduran Coffee
- MICRO-BATCH FRESHNESS - Our coffee beans are handpicked, carefully selected and roasted to perfection in small batches to ensure richness of flavor and quality
- A FARM TO CUP EXPERIENCE - It has been a family tradition focused on quality for over 50 years (3 GENERATIONS)
- 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEED - you be the judge. If you don't love it, we will refund your order.
- STRICTLY HIGH GROWN - Our coffee is produced at 4700ft above sea level, giving you the best brew every time
- FLAVOR PROFILE - Citrus Caramel Aroma, Medium Acidity and Sweet Chocolate Finish
Coffee farming in the nation of Honduras has been closely related to its history. Though it does not rank top in coffee production, Honduras is one of the countries producing delicious coffee beans that appeal to most of the worlds population. One of the factors hindering the country to export more coffee is absence of means to ship their coffee efficiently to other parts of the world. The fact that the country sometimes consumes up to ninety percent of their coffee makes people wonder whether they just want to enjoy their homely great value coffee domestically.
The country mainly practices small scale coffee growing with over 100,000 coffee growers. The country exports about six million coffee bags each every year.
Tasting of Honduras coffee
Though flavor varies with region, common ones are caramel and darker hints with light notes characterized by berries and tropical fruit hints. Sweet chocolaty flavors have also been associated with Honduras coffee beans.
Conditions for coffee growing in Honduras
Coffee growing regions in Honduras are characterized by high altitudes, rich volcanic soils and great weather: morning sunshine and afternoon rainfall. The temperatures are moderate which favors the cultivation of good quality coffee.
The country is prone to hurricanes that damage very high amounts of the crop. Another factor that faces coffee growers is roya, a coffee disease that affects the leaves- fungi like.
Processing Honduras coffee
Wet processing is popular in Honduras as opposed to dry processing. This process involves washing coffee beans using water to forcefully remove the cherry and then dries the beans. The method produce coffee with a lot of wonderful favors though it effects the environment since a lot of water is needed. After washing the coffee is graded depending on the altitude of where it was grown.
Regions where coffee is grown in Honduras
This region lies in the south west region of the country. The climate is warmer and contains a lot of humidity which favors wet washing. The altitudes vary from 1100 to 1400 meters above sea level. The beans grown in this region are fruitier like with unique chocolaty aroma and profound sweetness.
The region lies along the western zone of the Honduras with elevations ranging from1000- 1500 meters above sea level. This region beans are known for their sweet flavor with hints of chocolaty and citrus or caramel notes.
The region highest altitudes are 1600 meter with cold nights which are believed to delay cherry ripening giving the coffee from this region a more enhanced fruiter and sweet taste. The coffees from this region in Honduras are revered for their flavor tastes with strong and numerous fruits notes.
It is located southern of Honduras nation with elevation of about 1400 meters above the sea level. The region is popular for receiving awards for their coffee production recently. Coffee beans from this region are characterized by sweetness with apple, blueberries, peaches, and notes of subtle jasmine.
The region is gifted with high altitudes of about 1500 meters above MSL. Major flavors of the coffee grown here are hints of berries and fruits with the most composite flavor. The region is east from Copan.
This region is in Honduras center with elevations of about 1000- 1500 meters above mean sea level. The coffee beans grown in this region have citrus hints, low acidity, with a sweet flavor.
Main features of coffee growing in Honduras
The major method of coffee beans processing is washing where natural processing is not common owing to it humid conditions.
Apricot, chocolate, berries; tropical fruits and caramel are the major flavors of Honduras coffee.
The average elevation of coffee growing is around 1500 meters above sea level.
Seventy percent of coffee farms in Honduras are managed by small families and have an area of less than two hectares.
Temperature varies with elevation and region with them varying from 16 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius.
The country is less fertile than other countries that grow coffee in America for instance Guatemala which has rich ash volcanic soils.
The main variety grown is Arabica: Caturra, Pacas, typica, Bourbon and Catuai.
Coffee and tourism in Honduras
Coffee plantations in Honduras are characterized by beautiful scenarios. Visitors are welcomed to view their coffee firms and processing procedures. Vast percentage of the Honduras coffee is grown under the cover of tree shades and other plants like bananas. The shade provide additional source of income. Coffee grown under the shading is popular for having the best tastes with less strong acids giving the consumers a special unique tasting cup of coffee.
Contribution of coffee to the economy
High coffee beans producing have attributed to a growing economy in Honduras. Availability of effective shipping methods has increased the countries exports making it the top most coffee producing nation in Honduras. This have in turn contributed to living standard improvement for the families producing coffee beans. As a result of the country becoming popular due to its high yields of coffee and for that reason good quality, the country have increased tourist visit from the world. Honduras coffee is becoming more appealing in the international market.
Why the wonderful taste
Most finely and high- end Honduras coffee beans are popular for their sweet and mild acid flavors which together offer the best cup of beverage. The soils are very rich, deep and dark thanks to the decayed vegetation providing soil cover and providing shading to the coffee plants. Use of artificial fertilizers is not necessary since the soil is humus rich giving the coffee the most natural flavors. If you are seeking organically grew coffee be sure to ask for Honduras coffee.
Challenges facing coffee growing in Honduras
Selling of coffee locally due to sufficient and functional abroad shipping methods has led to farmers lower returns. Other factors include Long time and a lot of resource investment has discouraged farmers. A coffee plant takes about four years for farmers to start getting results.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Honduran Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-09-17.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.