Best Indonesia Coffees in 2021
- 1 Best Indonesia Coffees in 2021
- 1.1 Nespresso Capsules OriginalLine, Indonesia Master Origin ,Dark Roast Coffee, 50 Count Coffee Pods, Brews 1.35oz
- 1.2 Java Planet, Organic Coffee Beans, Sumatra Indonesia Single Origin, Low Acid, Gourmet Dark Roast of Arabica Whole Bean Coffee, Certified Organic and Fair Trade, Grown at High Altitudes , 1LB Bag
- 1.3 Shangri-La Coffee - Wild Kopi Luwak Coffee Whole Beans - Sustainably Sourced (from Indonesia) - 500 Grams
- 1.4 Premium Kopi Luwak From Indonesia Wild Palm Civets Arabica Coffee Beans (200 Grams)
- 1.5 Authentic Luwak Coffee Bean ( Arabica Sumatra Aceh Gayo Beans 100%) produced from Indonesia, Whole Beans, Perfect Dark Roast, 100 grams (0.22 Lb).
- 1.6 Wallacea Coffee Certified Wild Kopi Luwak Coffee Beans, Civet Coffee, Kopi Luwak From Gayo Sumatra Indonesia (8.8 oz)
- 1.7 Wild Kopi Luwak, the World’s Most Exclusive Coffee, Sustainably Sourced From Sumatra, Indonesia (100gr / 3.5oz)
- 1.8 Monkey Business Coffee - Wild Kopi Luwak Coffee Ground Beans - Ethically Sourced - 50 Grams (1.75oz) (Other Weights & Bean Types Available) - Produce of Indonesia…
- 1.9 City Girl Coffee Indonesia Sumatra Dark Roast, Whole Bean, Organic & Fair Trade, Small Batch, 12 oz Resealable Bag
- 1.10 Pure Origin Coffee - Whole Bean Variety Pack - Colombia, Organic Indonesia, Organic Congo, Honduras, Organic Peru, Kenya - Ethically Sourced, Single Origin Coffee, 10-12oz. Bags (6 Pack)
- 1.11 Coffee in Indonesia
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Indonesia produces among the best coffees in the world which are often characterized by dense and heavy structure with low acidity, syrupy body and complex flavor. Because they are dense they are very suited for dark roasting.
- TOBACCO LEAVES & WOODY: This Nespresso coffee uses a unique coffee farming method that make this a classic Indonesia coffee with cured tobacco notes and whiffs of tropical woody aromas
- INTENSITY 8: This Nespresso coffee blend Master Origin Indonesia wet-hulled Arabica coffee blend has a thick and rich, velvety body .Pair with a dash of milk for nutty, woody and roasted notes to emerge all in easy to use Nespresso Capsules
- INDONESIA MASTER ORIGIN COFFEE BREWS 1.35 OZ: These Nespresso OriginalLine pods are part of the Master Origin range that will provide you with a 1.35 oz serving of a traditional espresso coffee beverage
- WE RECYCLE: Nespresso aluminum capsules are fully recyclable and guarantee coffee freshness - we provide different options for recycling your used aluminum coffee pods to fulfill our collective commitment to protecting the environment
- ORIGINALLINE ONLY: Nespresso Original Line offers a full range of espresso coffee. From a milder fruity espresso to the short Ristretto. Create recipes with /without milk. (Nespresso OriginalLine capsules are not compatible with VertuoLine machines)
- Great Tasting Dark Roast! This Sumatra is well known for its dark chocolate notes and smooth body. An excellent choice for hot or cold brew.
- Peace of Mind! Not only is this coffee certified Organic, it is also certified Fair Trade. When you treat farmers and workers fairly, everyone benefits.
- No Pesticides! We use only 100% organic certified arabica coffee whole beans, grown without chemicals or GMOs. In drinking our coffee you will only absorb beneficial antioxidants naturally found in coffee grown at high altitudes.
- Whole Bean is Better! We only package whole bean coffee for the best flavor and so you may grind your coffee for any brewer - regular drip, pour over, French press, espresso etc...
- Family Owned and Operated! We want you to be happy! If you are not satisfied with your coffee please contact us so we can make it right!
- Wild Ethically Sourced Premium Kopi Luwak Ground Coffee
- Roasted Whole Coffee Beans - 500 Grams
- Imported From Indonesia
- Tasting Notes: Smooth, not bitter, with a complex aroma. Hints of Caramel & Chocolate.
- To produce this coffee, coffee berries are eaten by the Luwak cat. In the stomach of these animals, the berries come in contact with proteolytic enzymes, which change the composition of the coffee berries. After the Luwak excretes the beans, the farmers from Kaya Kopi collect them. Then, the outer layer of each bean is removed, and the beans are carefully clean, sun-dried and roasted. By the time you receive your Luwak coffee, it is 100% clean and safe to consume.
- Noticeably not bitter, Kaya Kopi Luwak is intensely aromatic with a complex flavor profile that is smooth, earthy and sweet with a hint of chocolate. It is a taste no coffee fan should miss. There is no need for sugar or other ingredients to cover the natural bitterness of coffee.
- Kaya Kopi Luwak starts it life at 4,000 feet (1,200 M) above sea level in the heart of the Pangalengan Highlands of West Java, Indonesia.
- Kopi Luwak coffee is the ideal drink for visits from special guests, to relax, or just to enjoy the perfect taste of the best coffee available.
- Please note: 100% of the coffee from Kaya Kopi comes from free-range wild Luwaks living a healthy life. We don't think any animal should be harmed because of us! Further, Kopi Luwak from wild civets tastes much better than from caged animals. This is because the free-living Luwaks eat only the ripest berries and also have a proper diet and therefore the right enzymes in their stomach to improve the coffee taste.
- ✔️ Why Choose Our Product Beans ( Authentic Luwak Coffee Beans )? , Because Our Beans are Carefully Clean, Sun-dried and Roasted. By the time You Receive Your This Luwak coffee Beans , It is 100% Clean and Safe To Consume .
- ✔️ Our Coffee Bean is 100% The Best Coffee In the world ( Authentic Luwak Coffee Bean ) , Why? Because our coffee is originally made and taken from Indonesia which in Sumatra Aceh Gayo .
- ✔️ Aceh Gayo is The Place Where Civet Produce and Live Freely Without Any Disruption While Producing The Best Authentic Luwak Coffee Beans , Because Our Company doesn’t want to harm their living and their habitat .
- ✔️ Authentic Luwak Coffee Bean Has It’s Own “Distinctive taste”, Because The Way We Process , Takes a Long Time , Our Coffee Beans Were Roasted in 75% - 82% “The Perfect Dark Roast” .
- ✔️ When You Taste Authentic Luwak Coffee Beans, You Will Feel Like The “Uniqueness” of Indonesian coffee, Because We Hand Wrap in INDONESIA, and We Don’t Want to Use a Machine Because We Still Want Our Customer to Feel The Typical Traditional Taste .
- ✅ 100% PURE WILD CIVET CAT COFFEE BEANS (NO HARM!) - Now you have a chance to enjoy the most authentic and expensive coffee in the world. These beans are not a fraudulent blend but pure gathered from Asian Palm Civet. We are supported Indonesian government and Gayo Coffee Protection Society Foundation, 100% guaranteed that there is no animal has been ABUSED or HARMED to produce this coffee beans (Please watch our video)
- ✅ SOURCED FROM TAKENGON CITY, ACEH, SUMATRA, INDONESIA - Grown above 1.400 meters, Gayo Arabica coffee has thrived and is consistently rated as one of the best among Indonesia’s many coffee growing regions. Our "Kopi Luwak' is a combination of one of the best Arabica coffee in the world and legendary natural selection process from Asian Palm Civet. This supreme combination thus creates a luxurious cup of coffee. We have worked closely internal and externally with over 89 locals farmers
- ✅ Nutrition: kopi luwak has more malic acid, citric acid and it is full of inositol, which helps the body in numerous ways than any other type of coffee tested.
- ✅ THE COFFEE EXPERIENCE - This coffee is perfect for a person who has a sensitive stomach or caffeine intolerance. The natural enzymes in the civet's intestines make the beans less acidic and remove some caffeine from the coffee beans. You can now enjoy coffee every day without worrying about having an upset stomach or heart racing or palpitations. This adds to the high aroma, the smooth taste and the low bitterness of Kopi Luwak Coffee.
- ✅ WHOLESALE PRICE - Takengon Aceh Sumatra is one of the biggest wild asian palm civet habitat and coffee plantation. We are here to provide coffee lovers a chance to consume coffee luwak on daily basis by giving the best price
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) whole bean Kopi Luwak (wild civet) coffee, sustainably collected by a small organic farmer’s cooperative in North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Noticeably not bitter, intensely aromatic and have a complex flavor profile.
- Great gift for the coffee connoisseurs.
- Proceeds go towards education and vocation training for the people of Lintong Nihuta, North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Wild Ethically Sourced Premium Kopi Luwak Ground Coffee
- Roasted Ground Coffee Beans - 50 Grams
- Imported From Indonesia
- Tasting Notes: Smooth, not bitter, with a complex aroma. Hints of Caramel & Chocolate.
- INDONESIA SUMATRA DARK ROAST COFFEE: Deep, rich, earthy, smooth and spicy. 12 oz. resealable bag.
- RESPONSIBLY SOURCED: Our coffee is responsibly and sustainably sourced from Brazil. We take great care to ensure that our farms and co-ops enact fair practices and pay workers fair wages.
- WOMEN OWNED & FEMALE EMPOWERING: City Girl is a women-owned business. To bring awareness and equality to the women of the coffee industry, we source from women-owned or managed farms and cooperatives around the world. Girl power at its finest!
- WE GIVE BACK: City Girl is proud to donate a portion of sales to organizations that support women in their country of origin. We also support sustainable agricultural practices that protect the environment for future generations.
- SMALL-BATCH, SINGLE FACILITY ROASTING: City Girl is located in Duluth, Minnesota. We’ve been proudly small-batch roasting our beans near the shores of Lake Superior since 1990.
- FRESH ROAST - Variety of smooth, premium roasted beans
- PRODUCT PACKAGING – all beans are packaged fresh to order and nitrogen filled to keep a 14 month shelf life.
- BREWING INSTRUCTIONS – add 1 tbsp. fresh ground coffee to every 6 fl oz. of crisp, cool water for premium taste. Use any brewing method, including: traditional drip, french press, pour over, coffee maker, etc. for recommended bold strength.
- QUALITY GUARANTEED – no calories, no sugar, paleo, vegan, gluten-free, non-GMO, Kosher Certified
- SUSTAINABLY SOURCED – all coffees are ethically imported from partners in coffee growing regions to guarantee eco-friendly practices and production competence.
Coffee in Indonesia
Indonesia is a country made of very many islands. The country produces both the coffee Arabica beans together with coffee Robusta. The Arabica beans specialty bean is grown in the Sumatra region though other regions like java and Sulawesi also grow coffee.
Coffee processing in Indonesia
Coffee in Indonesia is processed using the semi washed processing method famously known by the name ‘giling basah’. This method is referred to as wet hulling and almost all the coffee beans produced in this islands country is produced using this method. This highly contributes the coffees flavor profile of beans from Indonesia.
The coffee cherries are dried while on the bean for a short period before they are washed then de-pulped. This helps the coffee to extract the coffee the fruity sweetness and properties.
Major coffee growing regions in Indonesia
This is the region which harvests their coffee before all other regions in the country owing to the fact that it is located in the north-west region of the country. The main areas that produce the high end quality and specialty coffee beans include Mandheling, Aceh and Lintong and all this are located in Sumatra northern region.
Along the lake of Toba is where the Mandheling coffee is usually produced and is among the world’s deepest lakes. The region produces the most complex, syrupy and spicy coffees of which it is popular. Lintong coffees are usually grown also along the lake but to the south-west region. The coffees from this region are very revered for their earthy profile. The area has one of the best specialty coffees in the Sumatra coffees and the whole on Indonesia.
To the north- most regions is Aceh and is also popular as Gayo. The coffees are grown near the Tawar Lake and these coffees are well known for being least complex and cleanest with fine acidity tones and also less body. The coffees are usually harvested in the period of November to march and are typically available in the month of April.
Majority of the Sumatra coffees are usually processed using the wet and hull method which Indonesian tradition. However some of the local people use the sun drying method to process their coffees. The coffee processed using this method is commonly with strong fruity flavors and complex with very strong juicy taste.
Java coffee beans
Java is the Indonesian capital besides being a major coffee growing island. The region is also famous for being the ancient coffee producer in the country. The coffee crop was introduced in the year 1699 by Dutch colonial rulers and has been a coffee producer till today no wonder the coffee being referred to java.
Coffee production in this island is faced with roya, coffee berry disease which is form of fungi in form of rust affecting the crop leafs in the late 19th century. This is the reason that coffee farming was reverted from the island low lands to the highlands which was actually some plateaus. This led the region to producing the world’s quality coffee which is high grown and high quality Arabica beans.
Majority of coffee producers in java are state plantations though the small scale private farmers are also joining the industry fast and this means more varieties from the region and more yields. Sulawesi coffee are harvested between June and October and are typically available in the month of September
Vast of the coffees produced in java are processed using the traditional method also known as wet hulling. This gives the beans a syrupy body, low acidity and composite body. Coffee from Sumatra and Java are almost similar in flavor only that Java coffees are more sweeter and cleaner while the Sumatran are more earthy and spicy.
The region was originally known by the name Celebes. The region grows the highest grown coffee in the country. Majority of the coffee crops are grown in the Toraja region which is the south most part of the island. Sesean Mountains bisects this region where anciently the coffees produced in the west side normally goes to the market of Sapan while those to the east the minanga town market.
Today the coffees are combined with the best quality coffees being market as Sapan-Minanga. These coffees are strictly high grown, usually up to 2000 meters above the mean sea level and best quality offers the most clean and smoother Indonesian coffees.
Sulawesi coffee are harvested between May and November and are typically available in the month of august all the way to September
They are characterized by low acidity and syrupy body but not as earthy as the java and Sumatra coffees. Since they are high grown they are very dense which makes them stand dark roasting well without losing their special flavor.
Bali coffee beans
Harvesting period of coffee in Bali is usually from May to October and the coffee beans are typically available in the duration between august and September. The region grows some among the best Indonesian coffee. Majority of the coffees grown here is produced between Agung volcanoes and highlands of Kintamani. The volcanoes are active thus keeping the soil very fertile with volcanic ash and very fresh. Sabuk Abian is a traditional organization for the regions coffee farmers and is based on Hinduism. Like other regions in the country wet hull method is used to process the coffee beans though sometimes some farmers use the sun drying method or the wet processing. The coffees from this region are characterized by high acidity than the rest of Indonesian coffee with sweet citrus notes like those of oranges. The coffees are also sweet with chocolate like flavor.
Other coffee growing areas in the region include East Timor and Flores. However, the major growing regions and very popular are the Sulawesi, Sumatra and java region.
Roasting Indonesian Coffee
Since the Indonesian coffees are high grown they are dense enough to withstand high temperatures for longer periods. For this reason the best roasting method in dark roasting which best brings out the rich Indonesian coffee flavors. Some Indonesian coffee producers do not own their own roasting equipment and thus depend on commercial roasters. For this reason they have to supervise the whole process to ensure they get the good quality beans that they took as green beans after being roasted.
During the roasting process the moisture content contained in the green beans vaporizes making the coffee been coming from the roaster lighter. Coffee that is roasted on low temperatures for very long periods usually has baked taste while those over roasted are usually burnt and contain industrial added flavor. Roasting should be done by experts and stopped at the right time to ensure the true coffee flavors are not murdered.
For brewing coffee is usually ground. It is good to note that the best cup of coffee is got from freshly roasted coupled with freshly ground coffee beans to maximize n the richness of flavor and aroma.
Brewing the Indonesian coffees
French press is an advancement of the open pot traditional method. Since a paper filter is not applied in this method, coffee produced has the volatile oils contained in the coffee beans. This method therefore delivers the best coffee flavor unlike the dripping method where the filtering paper removes some of the flavor from the coffees and also adds some additional taste. Coffee brewed using this method is ground coarsely but fine enough so not to pass through the filter holes.
It is important to note that Indonesia exports almost all its good quality coffee beans to other counties like Europe. The coffees are processed and imported back to the country with the most revered world class labels with really expensive prices.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Indonesia Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-09-17.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.