Indonesia produces among the best coffees in the world which are often characterized by dense and heavy structure with low acidity, syrupy body and complex flavor. Because they are dense they are very suited for dark roasting.
Top Indonesia Coffees
- 100% PURE WILD CIVET CAT COFFEE BEANS (NO HARM!) - Now you have a chance to enjoy the most authentic and expensive coffee in the world. These beans are not a fraudulent blend but pure gathered from Asian Palm Civet. We are supported Indonesian government and Gayo Coffee Protection Society Foundation, 100% guaranteed that there is no animal has been ABUSED or HARMED to produce this coffee beans (Please watch our video)
- SOURCED FROM TAKENGON CITY, ACEH, SUMATRA, INDONESIA - Grown above 1.400 meters, Gayo Arabica coffee has thrived and is consistently rated as one of the best among Indonesia’s many coffee growing regions. Our "Kopi Luwak' is a combination of one of the best Arabica coffee in the world and legendary natural selection process from Asian Palm Civet. This supreme combination thus creates a luxurious cup of coffee. We have worked closely internal and externally with over 89 locals farmers
- HEALTH BENEFITS - According to a study conducted by Harvard Medical School, people who drink civet coffee have limited chances of getting cancer. The university claims to have examined patients who suffered from breast, colon, and rectal cancer. They suggested that women who drank 3-4 cups of civet coffee regularly during menopause reduced the risk of breast cancer by 38%. Also, the caffeine content in the civet coffee can control inflammation in the brain, which directly linked to Alzheimer’s.
- THE COFFEE EXPERIENCE - This coffee is perfect for a person who has a sensitive stomach or caffeine intolerance. The natural enzymes in the civet's intestines make the beans less acidic and remove some caffeine from the coffee beans. You can now enjoy coffee every day without worrying about having an upset stomach or heart racing or palpitations. This adds to the high aroma, the smooth taste and the low bitterness of Kopi Luwak Coffee.
- WHOLESALE PRICE - Takengon Aceh Sumatra is one of the biggest wild asian palm civet habitat and coffee plantation. We are here to provide coffee lovers a chance to consume coffee luwak on daily basis by giving the best price
- GREAT TASTING ORGANIC COFFEE! Add to cart now and order yours today!
- BUY WITH CONFIDENCE! We are Family Owned and Operated. All of our coffees are certified USDA Organic. 100% chemical and pesticide free. GMO free! We care for our customers and deliver the best quality possible.
- QUALITY: We select only the finest Gourmet Organic Arabica Coffee Beans, roasted in small batches to ensure optimum flavor and freshness for the best tasting cup of coffee!
- FLAVOR: Smooth dark roast coffee from Indonesia with a syrupy body and notes of spice, fall leaves and maple! Packaged in a premium coffee bag to preserve freshness.
- ORIGIN: Indonesia. Whole Bean Arabica Coffee. Certified USDA Organic and Fair Trade
- This product is 100% Arabica Sumatra Gayo Luwak Coffee Whole Beans.
- Our coffee beans are all hand-picked, manually sorted, sun-dried, and roasted to perfection.
- This luwak coffee is perfect for a gift for coffee lovers and coffee connoisseurs.
- This 100 gr bag makes about 10 cups of coffee.
- 100 grams (3.5 oz) whole bean Kopi Luwak (wild civet) coffee, sustainably collected by a small organic farmer’s cooperative in North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Noticeably not bitter, intensely aromatic and have a complex flavor profile.
- Great gift for the coffee connoisseurs.
- Proceeds go towards education and vocation training for the people of Lintong Nihuta, North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- To produce this coffee, coffee berries are eaten by the Luwak cat. In the stomach of these animals, the berries come in contact with proteolytic enzymes, which change the composition of the coffee berries. After the Luwak excretes the beans, the farmers from Kaya Kopi collect them. Then, the outer layer of each bean is removed, and the beans are carefully clean, sun-dried and roasted. By the time you receive your Luwak coffee, it is 100% clean and safe to consume.
- Noticeably not bitter, Kaya Kopi Luwak is intensely aromatic with a complex flavor profile that is smooth, earthy and sweet with a hint of chocolate. It is a taste no coffee fan should miss. There is no need for sugar or other ingredients to cover the natural bitterness of coffee.
- Kaya Kopi Luwak starts it life at 4,000 feet (1,200 M) above sea level in the heart of the Pangalengan Highlands of West Java, Indonesia.
- Kopi Luwak coffee is the ideal drink for visits from special guests, to relax, or just to enjoy the perfect taste of the best coffee available.
- Please note: 100% of the coffee from Kaya Kopi comes from free-range wild Luwaks living a healthy life. We don't think any animal should be harmed because of us! Further, Kopi Luwak from wild civets tastes much better than from caged animals. This is because the free-living Luwaks eat only the ripest berries and also have a proper diet and therefore the right enzymes in their stomach to improve the coffee taste.
- 100 grams Ground Arabica Organic Kopi Luwak (wild civet) coffee.
- Sustainably collected from free and wild Civets by a small organic farmer's cooperative in North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- Noticeably not bitter, intensely aromatic and have a delicate yet complex flavor profile.
- Great gift for the coffee connoisseurs.
- Proceeds go towards education and vocation training for the people of Lintong Nihuta, North Sumatra, Indonesia.
- 100% GENUINE WILD KOPI LUWAK BEANS– Considered one of the most unusual and expensive coffees in the world.
- SOURCED FROM PLANTATIONS IN SUMATRA – Wild Asian Palm Civets roam freely in the highlands of Indonesia, selecting the choicest coffee cherries for their personal consumption. All beans are sustainably harvested. NO ANIMAL HAS BEEN HARMED, ABUSED OR EXPLOITED IN ANY WAY IN THE PRODUCTION OF THIS COFFEE.
- SMOOTH TEXTURE, RICH TASTE – The civet’s digestive system breaks down the proteins that give coffee a bitter taste. The result? Coffee that is smooth, earthy, and nutty – a superbly aromatic, highly satisfying cup of java.
- THE PERFECT COFFEE LOVER GIFT – Perfect for coffee connoisseurs, adventurous foodies, or the person who has everything.
- OVER 75 YEARS OF QUALITY – Cafe Granell has been family owned and operated in Valencia, Spain since 1940. Offering the finest coffees for three generations.
- SINGLE ORIGIN COLLECTION: Our signature “Sumatra Mandheling” whole bean coffee from Indonesia is a robust, bold, full-bodied, & delicious coffee!
- TASTING NOTES: This naturally processed Indonesian coffee is one of the most unique coffees on earth. The most full-bodied of all coffees, Sumatra Mandheling delivers heavy, syrupy body and very little acidity. Smoky with a hint of chocolate, this coffee tastes like coffee should.
- NO SLEEP ‘TIL BROOKLYN: We’re a ‘Micro-Roasterie’ roaster located in the heart of Brooklyn, NYC and we’ve been roasting delicious coffee since 2009.
- FRESH SPECIALTY MICRO-ROASTED COFFEE: We are dedicated to the fine art of handcrafted coffees. We only roast in small batches using state-of-the-art equipment so that we are able to expertly develop the flavor profile & unique characteristics of each coffee bean.
- DIRECT SOURCING RELATIONSHIPS: We source & buy only the best specialty grade beans. Our standards are high and we have a dedicated team of coffee cupping experts. We strive for coffee perfection in every hand-crafted artisan roast.
- LUXURY COFFEE FOR A NOBLE CAUSE – Bantai Civet Coffee is grown organically, and shade grown in the forest covered mountains of Ifugao Province in the Julia Campbell Agro-Forest Memorial Park in the Philippines. The JCAM park is a 2000-acre Civet conservation area that is pure rainforest, with coffee plants intertwined with it.
- A US PEACE CORPS PROJECT - Bantai Civet Coffee was started as a US Peace Corps project, funded by USAID, to conserve the wild Civet population. Wild civets in the northern Philippines were close to extinction before the coffee project began, and now their population is flourishing.
- PURE WILD CIVET COFFEE - The extremely rare Bantai Civet Coffee is made of 100 percent pure, wild, and organic medium roasted Robusta whole beans. The beans are collected by hand by Ifugao coffee farmers from the shade grown coffee forest, where the wild civets live. This product, collected by the farmers, helps directly sustain the livelihoods of those who are providing land and sanctuary for the rare Civet.
- LUXURIOUS TASTE – With wild civets selecting the sweetest and ripest berries for a smooth, luxurious taste. This gourmet coffee is nutty and spicy, with a hint of almond and ginger.
- ROASTED FRESH - Roasted fresh in the USA to ensure a superior roast and long shelf-life. The Bantai Civet Coffee is available in a 4-ounce pack.
- COFFEE BLEND: An intense and spicy espresso blend for the Nespresso Original Line system
- CONTENTS: 50 capsules - 10 capsules per box. Each capsule brews 1.35 oz. espresso
- ROASTING: Split-roasted - Nespresso Intensity 8
- COFFEE ORIGIN: 100% Indonesian Arabica
- WE RECYCLE: Aluminum capsules ensure 100% recyclability and guarantee coffee freshness
Coffee in Indonesia
Indonesia is a country made of very many islands. The country produces both the coffee Arabica beans together with coffee Robusta. The Arabica beans specialty bean is grown in the Sumatra region though other regions like java and Sulawesi also grow coffee.
Coffee processing in Indonesia
Coffee in Indonesia is processed using the semi washed processing method famously known by the name ‘giling basah’. This method is referred to as wet hulling and almost all the coffee beans produced in this islands country is produced using this method. This highly contributes the coffees flavor profile of beans from Indonesia.
The coffee cherries are dried while on the bean for a short period before they are washed then de-pulped. This helps the coffee to extract the coffee the fruity sweetness and properties.
Major coffee growing regions in Indonesia
This is the region which harvests their coffee before all other regions in the country owing to the fact that it is located in the north-west region of the country. The main areas that produce the high end quality and specialty coffee beans include Mandheling, Aceh and Lintong and all this are located in Sumatra northern region.
Along the lake of Toba is where the Mandheling coffee is usually produced and is among the world’s deepest lakes. The region produces the most complex, syrupy and spicy coffees of which it is popular. Lintong coffees are usually grown also along the lake but to the south-west region. The coffees from this region are very revered for their earthy profile. The area has one of the best specialty coffees in the Sumatra coffees and the whole on Indonesia.
To the north- most regions is Aceh and is also popular as Gayo. The coffees are grown near the Tawar Lake and these coffees are well known for being least complex and cleanest with fine acidity tones and also less body. The coffees are usually harvested in the period of November to march and are typically available in the month of April.
Majority of the Sumatra coffees are usually processed using the wet and hull method which Indonesian tradition. However some of the local people use the sun drying method to process their coffees. The coffee processed using this method is commonly with strong fruity flavors and complex with very strong juicy taste.
Java coffee beans
Java is the Indonesian capital besides being a major coffee growing island. The region is also famous for being the ancient coffee producer in the country. The coffee crop was introduced in the year 1699 by Dutch colonial rulers and has been a coffee producer till today no wonder the coffee being referred to java.
Coffee production in this island is faced with roya, coffee berry disease which is form of fungi in form of rust affecting the crop leafs in the late 19th century. This is the reason that coffee farming was reverted from the island low lands to the highlands which was actually some plateaus. This led the region to producing the world’s quality coffee which is high grown and high quality Arabica beans.
Majority of coffee producers in java are state plantations though the small scale private farmers are also joining the industry fast and this means more varieties from the region and more yields. Sulawesi coffee are harvested between June and October and are typically available in the month of September
Vast of the coffees produced in java are processed using the traditional method also known as wet hulling. This gives the beans a syrupy body, low acidity and composite body. Coffee from Sumatra and Java are almost similar in flavor only that Java coffees are more sweeter and cleaner while the Sumatran are more earthy and spicy.
The region was originally known by the name Celebes. The region grows the highest grown coffee in the country. Majority of the coffee crops are grown in the Toraja region which is the south most part of the island. Sesean Mountains bisects this region where anciently the coffees produced in the west side normally goes to the market of Sapan while those to the east the minanga town market.
Today the coffees are combined with the best quality coffees being market as Sapan-Minanga. These coffees are strictly high grown, usually up to 2000 meters above the mean sea level and best quality offers the most clean and smoother Indonesian coffees.
Sulawesi coffee are harvested between May and November and are typically available in the month of august all the way to September
They are characterized by low acidity and syrupy body but not as earthy as the java and Sumatra coffees. Since they are high grown they are very dense which makes them stand dark roasting well without losing their special flavor.
Bali coffee beans
Harvesting period of coffee in Bali is usually from May to October and the coffee beans are typically available in the duration between august and September. The region grows some among the best Indonesian coffee. Majority of the coffees grown here is produced between Agung volcanoes and highlands of Kintamani. The volcanoes are active thus keeping the soil very fertile with volcanic ash and very fresh. Sabuk Abian is a traditional organization for the regions coffee farmers and is based on Hinduism. Like other regions in the country wet hull method is used to process the coffee beans though sometimes some farmers use the sun drying method or the wet processing. The coffees from this region are characterized by high acidity than the rest of Indonesian coffee with sweet citrus notes like those of oranges. The coffees are also sweet with chocolate like flavor.
Other coffee growing areas in the region include East Timor and Flores. However, the major growing regions and very popular are the Sulawesi, Sumatra and java region.
Roasting Indonesian Coffee
Since the Indonesian coffees are high grown they are dense enough to withstand high temperatures for longer periods. For this reason the best roasting method in dark roasting which best brings out the rich Indonesian coffee flavors. Some Indonesian coffee producers do not own their own roasting equipment and thus depend on commercial roasters. For this reason they have to supervise the whole process to ensure they get the good quality beans that they took as green beans after being roasted.
During the roasting process the moisture content contained in the green beans vaporizes making the coffee been coming from the roaster lighter. Coffee that is roasted on low temperatures for very long periods usually has baked taste while those over roasted are usually burnt and contain industrial added flavor. Roasting should be done by experts and stopped at the right time to ensure the true coffee flavors are not murdered.
For brewing coffee is usually ground. It is good to note that the best cup of coffee is got from freshly roasted coupled with freshly ground coffee beans to maximize n the richness of flavor and aroma.
Brewing the Indonesian coffees
French press is an advancement of the open pot traditional method. Since a paper filter is not applied in this method, coffee produced has the volatile oils contained in the coffee beans. This method therefore delivers the best coffee flavor unlike the dripping method where the filtering paper removes some of the flavor from the coffees and also adds some additional taste. Coffee brewed using this method is ground coarsely but fine enough so not to pass through the filter holes.
It is important to note that Indonesia exports almost all its good quality coffee beans to other counties like Europe. The coffees are processed and imported back to the country with the most revered world class labels with really expensive prices.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Indonesia Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-11-21