Instant coffee is very popular as one of the ready to drink beverages. You Just have to add your boiled water and stir to mix to make you cup of coffee. It is that simple since the variety is soluble in water.
Best Instant Coffee
- Contains 1 - 8 Ounce Canister of Instant Coffee
- 100% pure coffee
- Medium roast coffee
- Instant coffee crystals
- Our Folgers coffee is roasted in New Orleans, Louisiana
- PREMIUM FLAVOR Savor rich aroma and flavor with NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee; This full bodied, dark roast instant coffee comes in a 7 ounce jar
- PURE QUALITY ; Made with 100 percent real coffee from responsibly sourced coffee beans
- EXCEPTIONAL TASTE Sip your way through a rich, bold, and full bodied, dark roasted coffee with CLÁSICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- EASY TO PREPARE It's never been easier to get a perfect cup of coffee; Simply scoop 1 tsp; add hot water, then stir and enjoy
- SERVING SIZE: Scoop your way up to 100 cups of real, fresh instant coffee
- Mildly roasted for a refined, smooth and well-balanced flavor
- Glass jar locks in freshness and aroma
- 100% pure premium coffee made with responsibly sourced beans
- Well-crafted coffee made simple: Simply follow desired cup size instructions, add hot water, stir, and enjoy.
- Each jar makes up to 105-6 fluid ounce cups
- Mount Hagen Organic Instant Coffee - 3.53 Oz.
- Made only with high-quality arabica coffee beans
- Well-rounded with subtle notes of cocoa and toasted nuts balancing the smooth mouthfeel
- Just tear open a packet of Starbucks VIA Instant Pike Place Roast Coffee, add hot water, wait 10 seconds and stir. No coffee machine or grinder needed
- Create great-tasting beverages with these single-serve, ready-to-brew packets. Enjoy them anytime, anywhere--in an instant
- Includes 1 box of 8 packets
- Contains 12 Boxes of 6 Single Serve Packets
- When you want bold taste in a hurry, try our quick and convenient instant coffee. Sabor latino al instante.
- Espresso instant coffee
- Single serve packets
- Our rich espresso-style coffee has been bringing true coffee lovers together for nearly 100 years.
- NESCAFE Taster's Choice House Blend Coffee Stick Packs are a smooth and mild roasted coffee made from 100% pure, responsibly sourced coffee beans
- Master Coffee Crafters roast and brew our special blend of premium quality coffee beans. They then flash freeze the coffee to lock in the signature smooth and well-balanced flavor.
- Easily prepare fresh-tasting, consistent coffee without the hassle of roasting and grinding
- Make a quick, fresh-tasting cup of single serve coffee
- We believe the choices we make matter. That’s why we use responsibly sourced beans from the finest coffee growing regions around the world.
- Nescafe is commited to improving the lives of our farmers.
- PLEASE NOTE: Comes in a pack of 80 boxes with 7 single servings in each pack
- Reduced waste—no filters or unused coffee so you save money!
- Add 6 fl. oz. of hot water and enjoy!
- Product of the USA
- Instant 3 in 1 blend: Each sachet is filled with a blend of coffee powder, nondairy creamer, and sugar that allows you to instantly blend a flavorful and aromatic cup of coffee in seconds
- Flavorful & aromatic: The coffee powder is made using a combination of beans from Jamaica, Brazil, Ethiopia and Vietnam to create a delicious, fragrant and smooth cup of coffee that you’ll love
- Quick & easy to brew: This strong instant coffee blend can quickly and effortlessly be made by mixing with 75ml of hot water anytime you want to instantly enjoy coffee
- Enjoy on the go: Our 3 in 1 instant coffee packets are perfect for use at home and when traveling giving you the freedom to enjoy full-bodied coffee anytime and anywhere you want
- Make life simple: With these instant coffee packs, you’ll never have to worry about brewing coffee again! Make flavorful and aromatic coffee without any hassle with Trung Nguyen coffee sachet and Enjoy
- Death Wish Coffee Instant Coffee comes in a box of 8 single serve packets that you can bring with you wherever you go
- Brew instantly whenever you need your caffeine fix with 8 ounces of hot water or milk at 170-degrees Fahrenheit
- Each packet contains 4.9 g of instant high-caffeine coffee that packs 300 mg of caffeine to give you the pick-me-up you need
- To brew Death Wish Instant Coffee, simply open the pouch, pour, and add 8 ounces of water or milk
Some of the common names used to refer to instant coffee include powder, soluble or crystal coffee. The coffee is made for commercial use by either spray or freeze drying. Offering a quicker coffee preparation option is one of the many instant coffee advantages. The coffee are also lighter to ship as compared to the ground or whole beans plus also offering a longer shelf life though can easily get stale of if exposed to moisture.
Brief history of Instant Coffee
Instant coffee was first made by a France gentle man called Alphonse Allais in 1881. A more advanced instant coffee which is very popular even today, Nescafe, was invented in 1938 and was most refined.
Other popular brands of instance coffee today include international roast, black salami, Robert Timms, Maxwell house, international extra and Folgers.
Producing instant coffees
Like the ground coffee, the green bean is roasted first. Most roasters use hot gases for combustion and rotating cylinders for the process. 8 to 15 minutes are taken for the bean to roast and the process stops at 165 degrees Celsius. The roasted beans are then finely ground after cooling.
To have the volatile and soluble coffee content extracted water is used. These contents are responsible for the flavor and aroma of the coffee. Water used for this process is pressurized and the concentration of coffee to make the crystals is increased by the use of freezing or evaporating the concentration.
Water is removed from coffee using sublimation method. Though this method is very expensive, the instant coffee produced using this method is high end quality. The extracts of coffee is frozen rapidly and then broken to smaller granules.
The granules are the grouped with size after being sifted. They are put into the drying chamber using trays made of metal. A vacuum with a suitable strength is created inside the chamber where radiation is used for warming in the drying chamber. Conduction and convention can also be used but result to irregular drying of the granules and a final low quality product.
The condenser help remove the frozen water in the granules. The dried coffee granules are then retrieved from the chamber and packed.
2. Spray drying
Spray drying is a method that is often preferred to the freezing method since it uses less time, able to perform mass production and can give round fine particles.
Spray method use very high temperatures which are not the case with the freezing process. It is also less expensive and referred as a low quality method as compared to the freezing method. The hot temperatures scorch the coffee beans. Note than even when brewing ground coffee, of boiling or hot water is used in place of boiling water so as not to destroy the flavor.
Best beans for instance coffee
Arabica coffee beans is the very renown coffee variety I the world and known for being good quality with sweet flavors like fruit, nuts, caramel and chocolate with low caffeine. On the other hand coffee Robusta is an inferior of the Robusta bean and regarded for it bitter taste and high levels of caffeine. The flavor of the Robusta is commonly earthy, pepper like and smoky tasting.
The best coffee for the instant coffee is the high quality Arabica and mostly freeze dried. One hundred percent Arabica coffee blends will give a good tasting instant coffee.
It is ideal that the Arabica coffee beans will produce a better tasting instant coffee that their counterpart coffee Robusta. However it was believed that Robusta beans which are cheaper. The main Robusta drawback is the bitter and harsh flavor it gives.
Hundred percent coffee Arabica instant coffees are good tasting and also more expensive than the blend of Robusta and Arabica.
Brewing tips for instant coffee
- Freeze dried coffee beans are you best choice. Freeze drying will preserve more flavor than the spray dried coffee beans.
- Fresh and filtered water is recommended to be sure the instant coffee flavor is not interfered with. The water should be very pure to prevent the flavor and aroma compounds from reacting with other compounds.
- Do not add all the water at once on the powder coffee is add the coffee granules to the water. It is recommended that you firs make a coffee paste with one tea spoon of water. Sweetening or any other flavor you may need to add to the coffee can also be mixed without adding all the water for a standard coffee cup. This makes the coffee good tasting and well dissolved.
- For 8 ounces of water add one tea spoon of the instant coffee if no instructions are given by the manufacture. After this you can add more water or the dissolver coffee to your liking. This will help you now the ratio of water to coffee for similar instant coffee.
- For a good tasting cup of coffee, let the boiled water to cool a bit to avoid having a scorching flavored coffee
- Though you can add your some coffee flavors like sugar to your coffee and mix to a soft paste before adding water, you can also add them as a final result. This may include on top ice cream, syrup, milk, honey, vanilla extract, coco, cinnamon or ginger.
- For a tastier, smoothie, thick and cream like coffee, mix your instant coffee with whole milk (hot) instead of hot water.
- Iced instant coffee is another way of treating yourself with a wonderful cup of instant coffee. Just use some cold water instead of hot water plus ice to enjoy your coffee.
Some really good instant coffee brands to consider
1. Sudden coffee- this is a medium roast coffee with a flavor profile with tones of chocolate, fruity and melon like. It can also be light roasted with ginger and cantaloupe flavor aspects. The coffee is made from pure single origin coffee beans.
2. Waka instant coffee- the coffee beans are sourced from Colombia. The instant coffee has a smooth finish with citrus flavor tones. Four percent of their coffee sales are sent to developing countries to help provide clean water.
3. Giraldo farms coffee- this is also one hundred percent Columbian Arabica beans and also organic coffee. It is mostly characterized by hazelnut and vanilla flavors and also gives a decaffeinated coffee option.
4. Mount Hagen instant coffee- this is kosher certified organic and fair trade coffee with complex, rich, spicy, smooth and slightly sweet flavor.
Instant coffee for your health
Any type of coffee has been criticized for being health hazardous especially for the high caffeine content. Instant coffee is believed to have low caffeine content than the brewed ground coffee.
However this will rely very much with the roasting process, bean type and also how strong you make your coffee. At some extent instant coffee may reduce your caffeine content (not a must). To be more sure, Arabica one hundred percent instant coffee which is dark roasted can help you in taking less caffeine. Arabica beans is low caffeinated that the Robusta bean and dark roasting will reduce the caffeine further.
Decaf instant coffee can also be a choice for you. You can also check the flavor profile and origin of the coffee beans as well as other information of the instant coffee package. Note that even with decaf coffees other unnatural chemicals used for the decaffeinating process can harm your health.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Instant Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2020-01-25