Instant coffee is very popular as one of the ready to drink beverages. You Just have to add your boiled water and stir to mix to make you cup of coffee. It is that simple since the variety is soluble in water.
Top Instant Coffee
- Mildly roasted for a refined, smooth and well-balanced flavor
- Glass jar locks in freshness and aroma
- 100% pure premium coffee made with responsibly sourced beans
- Well-crafted coffee made simple: Simply follow desired cup size instructions, add hot water, stir, and enjoy.
- Each jar makes up to 105-6 fluid ounce cups
- Anthony's Premium Organic Instant Coffee Batch Tested and Verified Gluten Free
- Product of Latin America, Packed in California
- USDA Organic, Non-GMO
- Packaged in a Resealable 14oz Bag
- Organic Arabica Bean Instant Coffee
- Mount Hagen Organic Instant Coffee - 3.53 Oz.
- 100% pure coffee. Roasted in New Orleans, Louisiana
- Just add water, stir and enjoy for a quick instant coffee
- Easy-open flip top lid seals in freshness
- Use in recipes to add a rich coffee flavor. Dissolves smoothly in batters and sauces
- Made only with high-quality arabica coffee beans
- Well-rounded with subtle notes of cocoa and toasted nuts balancing the smooth mouthfeel
- Just tear open a packet of Starbucks VIA Instant Pike Place Roast Coffee, add hot water, wait 10 seconds and stir. No coffee machine or grinder needed
- Create great-tasting beverages with these single-serve, ready-to-brew packets. Enjoy them anytime, anywhere--in an instant
- Includes 1 box of 8 packets
- PREMIUM FLAVOR-Savor rich aroma and flavor with NESCAFÉ CLÁSICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee. This full-bodied, dark-roast instant coffee comes in a 7-ounce jar.
- PURE QUALITY-Made with 100% real coffee from responsibly sourced coffee beans
- EXCEPTIONAL TASTE-Sip your way through a rich, bold, and full-bodied, dark-roasted coffee with CLÁSICO Dark Roast Instant Coffee
- EASY TO PREPARE-It's never been easier to get a perfect cup of coffee. Simply scoop 1 tsp., add hot water, then stir and enjoy.
- SERVING SIZE-Scoop your way up to 100 cups of real, fresh instant coffee
- Bundle of 3, 8 Ounce each
- Rich and Classic Medium Roast Instant coffee
- Easy open, resalable jar
- Each jar makes 120 cups
- Starbucks Colombia coffee
- Balanced and smooth
- 100 percent Arabica instant and micro ground coffee
- Just add hot water, stir and enjoy
- 0.11 ounce (3.3 gram) packet, pack of 26 packets
- Folgers Classic Roast, Instant Coffee Crystals, 8 oz
- J.M. SMUCKER CO.
- 28 Sticks in One Package
- Made from 100% highland Arabica coffee beans
- Organic and Kosher certified
- Yields approximately 60 generous cups of coffee per jar
- Perfect for quick and easy summer coffee coolers; skip the brewin' and chillin'
- Packed in Germany
- Imported from Holland
- Dark Roast Coffee
- Only Folgers has the aroma seal canister to lock in the specially ground, rich taste
- How is our Instant coffee different from the rest? Unlike traditional Instant coffee we add microground coffee to our instant coffee making process. The results? A freshly brewed experience. Try it for yourself and surprise yourself!
- Dutch Coffee
- Freeze-Dried instant coffee
- Enjoy the rich flavor in each jar
- QUALITY COFFEE, INSTANTLY - Instant coffee doesn't have to be a four letter word anymore! Alpine Start's quality instant coffee is a convenient way to get a great cup of coffee!
- GOOD BEANS MAKE GOOD COFFEE - A well roasted bean makes the best coffee. We use 100% high elevation grown arabica coffee from Colombia.
- PORTABLE AND LIGHTWEIGHT - No need to lug around a coffee contraption and make a mess. Just throw a couple sticks of Alpine Start in your bag and you're ready for an adventure!
- DISSOLVES IN COLD WATER TOO! - If you're looking for a quick coffee, Alpine Start Original Blend dissolves instantly in cold water. It also dissolves into any other liquid, like almond milk or half and half!
- WORKS GREAT FOR BAKING & COCKTAILS - Many baking recipes require cold coffee, Alpine Start is an easy way to make a quick cup. Need something for a coffee cocktail? Try Alpine Start Original blend mixed into a liquor or mixer!
- Bundle of 4, 8.4 Ounce each
- 60 calories and 2.5g of fat per serving. Each canister contains 17 servings.
- Resalable canister to lock in freshness
- Contains dairy
- Perfect for those keeping kosher
- Elite Instant Coffee is a powdered instant coffee with a mild flavor, made from selected coffee beans roasted in a unique manufacturing process that preserves the familiar sweetness of the favorite Israeli coffee
- Made of High Quality Materials
- Only the finest ingredients
Some of the common names used to refer to instant coffee include powder, soluble or crystal coffee. The coffee is made for commercial use by either spray or freeze drying. Offering a quicker coffee preparation option is one of the many instant coffee advantages. The coffee are also lighter to ship as compared to the ground or whole beans plus also offering a longer shelf life though can easily get stale of if exposed to moisture.
Brief history of Instant Coffee
Instant coffee was first made by a France gentle man called Alphonse Allais in 1881. A more advanced instant coffee which is very popular even today, Nescafe, was invented in 1938 and was most refined.
Other popular brands of instance coffee today include international roast, black salami, Robert Timms, Maxwell house, international extra and Folgers.
Producing instant coffees
Like the ground coffee, the green bean is roasted first. Most roasters use hot gases for combustion and rotating cylinders for the process. 8 to 15 minutes are taken for the bean to roast and the process stops at 165 degrees Celsius. The roasted beans are then finely ground after cooling.
To have the volatile and soluble coffee content extracted water is used. These contents are responsible for the flavor and aroma of the coffee. Water used for this process is pressurized and the concentration of coffee to make the crystals is increased by the use of freezing or evaporating the concentration.
Water is removed from coffee using sublimation method. Though this method is very expensive, the instant coffee produced using this method is high end quality. The extracts of coffee is frozen rapidly and then broken to smaller granules.
The granules are the grouped with size after being sifted. They are put into the drying chamber using trays made of metal. A vacuum with a suitable strength is created inside the chamber where radiation is used for warming in the drying chamber. Conduction and convention can also be used but result to irregular drying of the granules and a final low quality product.
The condenser help remove the frozen water in the granules. The dried coffee granules are then retrieved from the chamber and packed.
2. Spray drying
Spray drying is a method that is often preferred to the freezing method since it uses less time, able to perform mass production and can give round fine particles.
Spray method use very high temperatures which are not the case with the freezing process. It is also less expensive and referred as a low quality method as compared to the freezing method. The hot temperatures scorch the coffee beans. Note than even when brewing ground coffee, of boiling or hot water is used in place of boiling water so as not to destroy the flavor.
Best beans for instance coffee
Arabica coffee beans is the very renown coffee variety I the world and known for being good quality with sweet flavors like fruit, nuts, caramel and chocolate with low caffeine. On the other hand coffee Robusta is an inferior of the Robusta bean and regarded for it bitter taste and high levels of caffeine. The flavor of the Robusta is commonly earthy, pepper like and smoky tasting.
The best coffee for the instant coffee is the high quality Arabica and mostly freeze dried. One hundred percent Arabica coffee blends will give a good tasting instant coffee.
It is ideal that the Arabica coffee beans will produce a better tasting instant coffee that their counterpart coffee Robusta. However it was believed that Robusta beans which are cheaper. The main Robusta drawback is the bitter and harsh flavor it gives.
Hundred percent coffee Arabica instant coffees are good tasting and also more expensive than the blend of Robusta and Arabica.
Brewing tips for instant coffee
- Freeze dried coffee beans are you best choice. Freeze drying will preserve more flavor than the spray dried coffee beans.
- Fresh and filtered water is recommended to be sure the instant coffee flavor is not interfered with. The water should be very pure to prevent the flavor and aroma compounds from reacting with other compounds.
- Do not add all the water at once on the powder coffee is add the coffee granules to the water. It is recommended that you firs make a coffee paste with one tea spoon of water. Sweetening or any other flavor you may need to add to the coffee can also be mixed without adding all the water for a standard coffee cup. This makes the coffee good tasting and well dissolved.
- For 8 ounces of water add one tea spoon of the instant coffee if no instructions are given by the manufacture. After this you can add more water or the dissolver coffee to your liking. This will help you now the ratio of water to coffee for similar instant coffee.
- For a good tasting cup of coffee, let the boiled water to cool a bit to avoid having a scorching flavored coffee
- Though you can add your some coffee flavors like sugar to your coffee and mix to a soft paste before adding water, you can also add them as a final result. This may include on top ice cream, syrup, milk, honey, vanilla extract, coco, cinnamon or ginger.
- For a tastier, smoothie, thick and cream like coffee, mix your instant coffee with whole milk (hot) instead of hot water.
- Iced instant coffee is another way of treating yourself with a wonderful cup of instant coffee. Just use some cold water instead of hot water plus ice to enjoy your coffee.
Some really good instant coffee brands to consider
1. Sudden coffee- this is a medium roast coffee with a flavor profile with tones of chocolate, fruity and melon like. It can also be light roasted with ginger and cantaloupe flavor aspects. The coffee is made from pure single origin coffee beans.
2. Waka instant coffee- the coffee beans are sourced from Colombia. The instant coffee has a smooth finish with citrus flavor tones. Four percent of their coffee sales are sent to developing countries to help provide clean water.
3. Giraldo farms coffee- this is also one hundred percent Columbian Arabica beans and also organic coffee. It is mostly characterized by hazelnut and vanilla flavors and also gives a decaffeinated coffee option.
4. Mount Hagen instant coffee- this is kosher certified organic and fair trade coffee with complex, rich, spicy, smooth and slightly sweet flavor.
Instant coffee for your health
Any type of coffee has been criticized for being health hazardous especially for the high caffeine content. Instant coffee is believed to have low caffeine content than the brewed ground coffee.
However this will rely very much with the roasting process, bean type and also how strong you make your coffee. At some extent instant coffee may reduce your caffeine content (not a must). To be more sure, Arabica one hundred percent instant coffee which is dark roasted can help you in taking less caffeine. Arabica beans is low caffeinated that the Robusta bean and dark roasting will reduce the caffeine further.
Decaf instant coffee can also be a choice for you. You can also check the flavor profile and origin of the coffee beans as well as other information of the instant coffee package. Note that even with decaf coffees other unnatural chemicals used for the decaffeinating process can harm your health.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Instant Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-08-18