Best Ivory Coast Coffee in 2022
- 1 Best Ivory Coast Coffee in 2022
- 1.1 Choffy 100% Brewed Cacao, Ivory Coast French Roast, Medium Bodied & Smoky Coffee Alternative, Healthy Chocolate Drink, 100% Ground Cacao, Nutrients for Mood & Energy - 10 Ounces
- 1.2 Lavazza Super Crema Whole Bean Coffee Blend, Medium Espresso Roast, 2.2LB (Pack of 1) Authentic Italian,Produced in a nut-free facility center, Mild and creamy with notes of hazelnuts and brown sugar
- 1.3 African Masters: Art from the Ivory Coast
- 1.4 Africa’s Struggle for Its Art: History of a Postcolonial Defeat
- 1.5 Hey Dude Men's Wally Woven Carbon Size 11 | Men’s Shoes | Men's Lace Up Loafers | Comfortable & Light-Weight
- 1.6 Ivory Coast Coffee
- 1.7 Additional Products to View
The Ivory Coast coffee is mainly Robusta and is characterized by bitter and acidic flavor owing to the beans high level of acidity. The presidential coffee bean, Arabica is on the other way sweet and high end Ivorian bean with touches of the Robusta strong flavor coupled with the floral taste of the coffee Arabica bean.
- 100% BREWED CHOCOLATE FROM WHOLE CACAO BEANS & NOTHING ELSE - Our original Choffy Ivory Coast French Roast has a medium bodied, robust chocolaty flavor with a light nutty, smoky component and super smooth iconic finish that leaves you wanting more. Made from pure, dark, and unprocessed raw cacao in the form of brewed cacao, this coffee alternative is a clean mood enhancer and energy booster with less caffeine than coffee and a whole lot more nutrients, yet it brews just like traditional coffee.
- BOOST YOUR MOOD WITH A HEALTHY CHOCOLATE DRINK AT SUNRISE - Start your morning with a few sips of healthy cacao to get more magnesium, enzymes, polyphenol antioxidants, and some of the highest concentrations of flavonoids in the world. Experience increased focus, reduced stress, more lean muscle mass, better blood pressure control, easier weight management, increased endorphins and serotonin, and quality sleep. This might just be the best energy drink, tea, and cacao coffee substitute!
- TAKE A COFFEE BREAK & ENJOY MORE BENEFITS FROM PURE CACAO - Restore your immune system with cacao which is loaded with antioxidants—even compared to blueberries, acai, pomegranates, and goji berries combined. Unlike other caffeinated beverages and energy drinks, cacao decreases stress hormones and helps you relax while increasing your focus. Apart from being a healthy stimulant, this cacao contains lower levels of acidity and higher levels of theobromine for longer-lasting energy.
- DRINK IT HOT OR ICED & ADD IN WHAT YOU LOVE MOST - Our cacao dark chocolate brews just like traditional coffee—in a french press, drip coffee maker, pour over, percolator, Keurig, or any other brewing method you prefer. That means no special equipment is needed to brew a cup of cacao coffee. Sipping chocolate is even healthy and safe for kids to enjoy. Just add what you love, from your favorite creamer or sweetener to coconut milk, honey, or agave. Enjoy drinking chocolate the healthy way!
- KETO, WHOLE30, PALEO & VEGAN-FRIENDLY - Choffy is 100% pure ground cacao nibs which means it’s perfectly suitable for most diets and lifestyles. Not only does it have no sugar, no fat, and virtually no calories, it stimulates serotonin production which can suppress your appetite. Plus, its pH level is around 6.7 (7 is neutral) which means it’s easier to digest than coffee. Get ready to enjoy the incredible chocolate aroma and flavor of this gluten-free cacao drink.
- One 2.2 pounds bag of Lavazza Super Crema Italian whole coffee beans
- Mild and creamy medium espresso roast with notes of hazelnut and brown sugar
- 60% Arabica and 40% Robusta
- Best used with an espresso machine
- Produced in a nut-free facility
- Hardcover Book
- English (Publication Language)
- 240 Pages - 05/15/2015 (Publication Date) - Scheidegger and Spiess (Publisher)
- Amazon Kindle Edition
- Savoy, Bénédicte (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 222 Pages - 04/05/2022 (Publication Date) - Princeton University Press (Publisher)
- Rounded Toe Design and Flex & Fold: This supports healthy feet with its unique shape giving complete freedom of movement. The Hey Dude Wally Men’s Lace Up Loafers Comfortable & Light-Weight will be an instant favorite in your modern-casual shoe collection and are the perfect men’s shoes.
- Lightweight with Elastic Laces: Manufactured using an elastic material that allows them to flex with the foot, resulting in a shoe that fits more uniformly. Each shoe weighs 6 ounces or less making it one of the lightest pairs of shoes around. The ideal Hey Dude Shoes for Men that you will surely love.
- Comfortable Durable High-Quality Material: Designed with you in mind. This Wally shoe boasts the comfort of walking on clouds. Featuring an insole that reduces odors, lightweight outsole, and breathable cotton fabric that makes the Wally one of the most comfortable shoes on the market.
- Great For Travel & On The Go: The removable memory foam cushioned insole provides maximum comfort and reduces sweating and odors. Machine Washable Friendly (Cold). Sizing Tip: If you usually wear half sizes, we suggest choosing the next size up for the best overall fit.
- Our Money-Back Guarantee: No Questions Asked! We will offer a 30-day money-back guarantee on this product only if purchased directly from Hey Dude Official.
Ivory Coast Coffee
Coffee is very important to the Ivory Coast economy and is the second major countries export. It was the top most coffee producer in whole of Africa from the 1970s to around eighties and among top world Robusta producers. In the recent years its production have been overtaken by other countries especially Brazil, Ethiopia and Vietnam ad ranks as 12th largest coffee producer in the world. Being a French colony, coffee was introduced in the 19th century by France. Coffee production increased rapidly in Ivory Coast and after it independence in 1960s it was ranked third in the world.
The country has its own achievement in coffee agricultural research where it has discovered a special bean revered in the country as the presidential coffee. Arabusta is a specialty coffee bean whose worth have not yet well recognized. It is grown in west region of the nation where there is much high altitudes.
Varieties of coffee grown in Ivory Coast
Ivory Coast is one of the worlds top Robusta coffee beans producing nation. Though this variety is referred as cheap and low quality it is still sought after in the world and controls about 30 percent of worlds after Arabica. Ivorian Robusta is blend with high grade organic Arabica beans to reduce the cost and also enhance the flavor of the coffee. One of the major advantages of the Robusta crop is that it has a high resistivity to roya, a leaf rust fungi disease.
Specialty coffee variety Arabusta
This is a high end and hybrid variety which is was bred from the varieties of the Robusta and Arabica and developed in Ivory Coast in 1960s. This variety was developed after the countries independence under Houphouet boigny the countries first president. It was supposed to be an alternative to the Robusta crops which were characterized by bitter strong flavor due to the high levels of caffeine.
Since the country did not have the high altitudes required for the fine grade Arabica beans, it was a better option. It is ivory blue and high end brand which consists of the strong Robusta flavor and the floral light pleasant taste of the Arabica. However the yields of this variety have dropped almost to zero and the research center set aside to grow the variety abandoned.
Since Arabusta has relatively very low productivity as compared to the Robusta variety, small scale coffee growers in Ivory Coast prefer Robusta. Very few coffee growers along the western highlands of Ivory Coast will grow this variety. Though the crop can bring a lot of capital to the country since it high quality can attract good prices, no major incentives have been taken to promote the variety.
Agriculture entrepreneurs interest in Arabusta in Ivory Coast
One of business person devoted to ensure that the ivories gold, Arabusta, is working hard to revive and help Arabusta growing mechanization. He has already built up a roaster characterized by high technology in his farm. In this advanced tech plant the individuals goal is to roast the Arabusta bean in small amounts with a well-controlled background. He is also working to include some recipes to top up the flavor like the ginger and pepper hints.
One of the problem most entrepreneurs are looking to address is the fact that the country sell it coffee in form of green coffee meaning unroasted at low prices. Other countries like in Europe process these beans and sell at high prices. The idea here is bringing most of the coffee beans back home. It is very difficult to determine the real taste of the countries bean since it is not roasted locally.
Coffee growing conditions
Ivory Coast has a flat terrain which is responsible for providing the typical conditions for growing the Robusta coffee bean. These beans have a high caffeine content making it a favorite for preparing instant coffee. The bitter taste associated with this variety makes it less appeal to the Ivory people.
The highlands along Man mountainous region gives the preferred conditions for growing the high quality presidential coffee (introduced by the countries first president) referred to as Arabusta. It is sweeter and has mild acidity compared to Robusta owing to the fact that it is bred between Robusta and the sweet Arabica with floral hints.
Current state of coffee in Ivory Coast
Most coffee crops in Ivory Coast consist of very old trees. The attempts by the government to plant new one have been futile. In short term the coffee growing is slowly declining with the old trees dropping and giving very small yields. The lower prices of the coffee are not encouraging the farmers to venture more into the industry.
Some of the factors that contribute to the decline of Robusta coffee are the civil wars in 2000 to 2007 and 2010 to 2011. Coffee decrease in the country have also been contributed by poor planning and lack of investing valuable time, resources and efforts in the industry.
Majority of coffee beans exported from Ivory Coast have been to Italy and France which gets the lions share. This is due to the fact that France was their colonizer.
In 2011 the then president nationalized coffee together with cocoa (major country exports) which led to further decline of the commodity.
Ivory Coast coffee production targets by 2022
The countries goal is to produce about four times more coffee than it current produce. This was stated by the ministry for agriculture. Robusta green coffee beans production was about 380 000 tons in the year 2000 but dropped down to about 100 000 tons in the recent years due to long political and social economic turmoil leading to 2011 Ivorian civil war.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Ivory Coast Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2022-05-20.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.