Best K-Cups in 2022
K-cups are keurig trademarked describing brewing capsules for a single serve. The k-cup is usually ringed designed, foil lined together with a cup made of plastic. There are other designs that have emerged though they still retain the foil lid and the plastic ring having get rid plastic cup.
[amazon bestseller=’k-cups’ filter=” filter_type=’exclude’ filterby=’title’ filter_items=’100′ items=’5′]
Brief history of k-cups
The founders of the keurig company which founded the k-cups also were school roommates named peter Dragone and John Sylvan in the 1970s at a main based Colby college. The main problem they wanted to solve is coffee brewing in the office, a brewed pot of coffee which got stale, dense and bitter with time. The solution the engineered is making a pod which was a single serving brewer machine and used the coffee beans ground.
Keurig Company was found by these men in 1992 and in 1993, the two still used manual manufacturing to create the pods. Dick Sweeney joined the company as a co-founder and also manufacturing consultant to help them to have the manufacturing process automated.
Still in 1993, the three founders went to the roasters known as the green mountain coffee which invested in their company and also allowed them to use their specialty coffee. Later other investors joined the company which did not sit well with the two main founders who later quilted the company living only dick Sweeney behind.
The company was the first to invent the k-cups known mostly as the keurig packs of cup though the coffee pods were invented earlier.
What is k-cup?
This is tea or coffee and even cappuccino and chocolate sealed in a plastic container or cup which is some kind of cartridge. It has a foil covered ring on the top. A filter material is lined up inside the capsule keeping the coffee remain contained during the brewing process.
In the event a k-cup is put into a compatible brewer, some two needs makes whole both at the bottom and lid of the cup. It works such that water flows in to the cup via the lid top needle made hole and through the coffee for flavor extraction the gets out via the bottom needle hole.
Why use the k-cup?
K-cups are becoming very popular today. They are the things you find in the kitchen of those not wanting to get tired, offices and so on. The caffeine enthusiasts are being drawn to it. Most coffee brands like the famous Starbucks have a k-cup single serving pod.
A k-cup is very convenient since it have got its own capsules. The cup brewed using the k-cup is wonderful and sits well with most coffee lavers and drinkers as whole. Another point to note is that compatible low priced k-cups are now available in the market.
K-cup has a varieties, flavors and blends impressive selection.
Drawbacks of the k-cup
Some coffee enthusiasts do argue that the k-cup does not give as well flavored coffee as the pods. The ring; foil lid and plastic cup are more of a waste than unlike the pods. Furthermore the k-cups are quite expensive as compared to the pods and more so than the coffee brewed regularly.
Different k-cup models
The Keurig have differently brewer model brands to be used for commercial and also home use. The commercial ones are those which can be plumb to the water pipe normally available in the (traditional coffee for offices Services Companies) OCS companies.
The companies usually have contracts which are binding with Keurig Company to have the brewers installed and maintained plus also have coffee delivered to the customers. The only brands they are really authorized to deal with are the green mountain ones. They got some set and strict conditions of the number of the new customers and installations to achieve so as to retain their status. This are authorized distributors of Keurig known as the KADs.
No such restrictions are set for the home k-cups model and the coffee together with the brewers can be purchased anywhere in the world and from anyone.
The design of the k-cup patented by the by the green mountain paved the way for other companies to produce keurig compatible models. They k-cup is a trade mark for the green mountain; they cannot use this for their products though there are those which are very similar to the in appearance and brewing.
Some of such brewers are the grove square by the tree house foods, Marley coffee by mother parkers, San Francisco bay a company dealing with organic coffee, copper moon among others.
Most ranked and popular products
1. Dark magic- green mountain- a bit dusty tasting and thin coffee with shoe leather and dark chocolate flavors. It is a mixture of some roasting, legume and vegetable notes coupled with some little raisin sweetness. it is fine for a k-cup, drinkable and not necessary enjoyable. K-cups.
2. Starbucks caramel- its flavor is like a of a sugar free drink.
3. Classic roast Folgers coffee- The coffee product is pre roasted. It is like an old and raw product tasting like the wet cardboard.
4. French roast Diedrich blend- it is pungent, tarry and chemically tasting though not that enjoyable.
5. Colombia Huila laughing man- the common flavors is that of cashew and peanut with a medium body, not old tasting, nor heavily strong.
6. Italian roast coffee house of barista prima mole or curry tasting, strongly game with a roasted flavor.
7. Extra bold French roast-tully- tastes strongly as the dark chocolate and very bitter plus it tastes fishy and old.
8. Doughnuts smooth Krispy Kreme- it is slightly nutty though not detectable in tasting with a lighter body.
9. Hawaiian blend- Tully’s- vinegary tasting similar to the hoisin sauce and the flavor is like that of Vietnam food. Though it is overpowered by acrid and vinegary flavors though still have sweetness like that of strawberry tones.
10. Revv coffee- the flavor is like that of straight char. It is strong with a good body for a dark roasted coffee.
Additional Products to View
Unroasted Organic Coffee Beans
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top K-Cups with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.