Best K-Cups in 2022
- 1 Best K-Cups in 2022
- 1.1 The Original Donut Shop Regular, Single-Serve Keurig K-Cup Pods, Medium Roast Coffee Pods, 96 Count
- 1.2 Keurig Coffee Lovers Collection Variety Pack, Single-Serve Coffee K-Cup Pods Sampler, 60 Count
- 1.3 Peet's Coffee, Dark Roast K-Cup Pods for Keurig Brewers - Major Dickason's Blend 75 Count (1 Box of 75 K-Cup Pods) Packaging May Vary
- 1.4 Crave Beverages Flavored Coffee Pods Sampler, Compatible with 2.0 K-Cup Brewers, Assorted Variety Pack, 100 Count
- 1.5 Caribou Coffee Caribou Blend, Single-Serve Keurig K-Cup Pods, Medium Roast Coffee, 72 Count
- 1.6 Brief history of k-cups
- 1.7 Additional Products to View
K-cups are keurig trademarked describing brewing capsules for a single serve. The k-cup is usually ringed designed, foil lined together with a cup made of plastic. There are other designs that have emerged though they still retain the foil lid and the plastic ring having get rid plastic cup.
- BRAND STORY: Dive headfirst into a cup of delicious coffee. With our full-bodied taste, you can reimagine the limits of coffee and turn every day into a treat -no matter how sweet and creamy you make it. Drink up and set your taste buds to discovery mode.
- TASTE: Full-bodied, bold, and flavorful, our Regular coffee is, quite simply, a cup full of happiness.
- ROAST: Medium Roast caffeinated coffee and is certified Orthodox Union Kosher
- SUSTAINABILITY: Committed to 100 percent responsibly sourced coffee
- COMPATIBILITY: Contains genuine Keurig K-Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K-Cup pod coffee makers
- INCLUDES: 3 K-Cup pods from 20 popular varieties, including Green Mountain Coffee Breakfast Blend, The Original Donut Shop Regular, Newman’s Own Organic Special Blend, Caribou Coffee Caribou Blend, Tully’s Coffee Italian Roast, and many more
- VARIETY: Sample different coffees and discover your favorites from a wide variety of roasts, flavors, and brands
- COMPATIBILITY: Contains authentic Keurig K-Cup pods, engineered for guaranteed quality and compatibility with all Keurig K-Cup coffee makers
- PACKAGING: K-Cup Pods are not in original packaging and may appear different than in the image
- ROASTS: Includes light, medium, and dark roast coffee as well as fair trade and organic varieties
- Contains one (1) Box of 75 Peet's Major Dickason's Blend Dark Roast Coffee Keurig K-Cup Pods - 100% Arabica Coffee. Packaging may vary for a limited time.
- Flavor and Roast: Dark Roast. Flavorful, robust, full-bodied. Developed by Mr. Peet and his most discerning customer, Major Dickason’s Blend epitomizes the rich, flavorful taste of Peet’s
- Brewing Methods: Peet's single serve, K-Cup Pods are compatible with all Keurig K-Cup Brewers
- Recyclable: Peet’s K-Cup Pods are fully recyclable - peel, compost or dispose grounds & recycle. Check locally, not recycled in all communities.
- Sourcing with Impact: The coffee you buy can impact the welfare of the people and planet. Peet’s is actively engaged in driving positive impact in communities where our coffees are grown.
- What do you crave? Is is Butter Toffee? Vermont Maple? Blueberry Vanilla? With the Crave coffee variety pack you can have them all and enjoy a new flavor every morning! This is a true variety pack and flavors and pod distribution may vary from what is pictured.
- Flavor is what we do! We are passionate about creating flavored coffee you will not only love, but you will Crave! From the ordinary to the extraordinary, our flavors will add some fun to your daily brew
- We have it! Enjoy guilt free decadent flavored coffees- No sweeteners & No calories. 100% fresh roasted Arabica coffee is paired with your favorite flavors for the tantalizing coffee experience you Crave!
- Crave Coffee is Kosher certified and compatible with Keurig K-Cup Brewers, including 2.0. ***NOTE: INSERT COFFEE POD IN BREWER AND CLOSE FIRMLY TO AVOID BREWING ERROR!
- Crave Coffee is not affiliated, endorsed, or related with Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
- Balanced sweet spicy and berry notes
- Bittersweet cocoa and cedar finish
- Smooth medium roast coffee
- Rainforest alliance certified
- Packaging may vary
Brief history of k-cups
The founders of the keurig company which founded the k-cups also were school roommates named peter Dragone and John Sylvan in the 1970s at a main based Colby college. The main problem they wanted to solve is coffee brewing in the office, a brewed pot of coffee which got stale, dense and bitter with time. The solution the engineered is making a pod which was a single serving brewer machine and used the coffee beans ground.
Keurig Company was found by these men in 1992 and in 1993, the two still used manual manufacturing to create the pods. Dick Sweeney joined the company as a co-founder and also manufacturing consultant to help them to have the manufacturing process automated.
Still in 1993, the three founders went to the roasters known as the green mountain coffee which invested in their company and also allowed them to use their specialty coffee. Later other investors joined the company which did not sit well with the two main founders who later quilted the company living only dick Sweeney behind.
The company was the first to invent the k-cups known mostly as the keurig packs of cup though the coffee pods were invented earlier.
What is k-cup?
This is tea or coffee and even cappuccino and chocolate sealed in a plastic container or cup which is some kind of cartridge. It has a foil covered ring on the top. A filter material is lined up inside the capsule keeping the coffee remain contained during the brewing process.
In the event a k-cup is put into a compatible brewer, some two needs makes whole both at the bottom and lid of the cup. It works such that water flows in to the cup via the lid top needle made hole and through the coffee for flavor extraction the gets out via the bottom needle hole.
Why use the k-cup?
K-cups are becoming very popular today. They are the things you find in the kitchen of those not wanting to get tired, offices and so on. The caffeine enthusiasts are being drawn to it. Most coffee brands like the famous Starbucks have a k-cup single serving pod.
A k-cup is very convenient since it have got its own capsules. The cup brewed using the k-cup is wonderful and sits well with most coffee lavers and drinkers as whole. Another point to note is that compatible low priced k-cups are now available in the market.
K-cup has a varieties, flavors and blends impressive selection.
Drawbacks of the k-cup
Some coffee enthusiasts do argue that the k-cup does not give as well flavored coffee as the pods. The ring; foil lid and plastic cup are more of a waste than unlike the pods. Furthermore the k-cups are quite expensive as compared to the pods and more so than the coffee brewed regularly.
Different k-cup models
The Keurig have differently brewer model brands to be used for commercial and also home use. The commercial ones are those which can be plumb to the water pipe normally available in the (traditional coffee for offices Services Companies) OCS companies.
The companies usually have contracts which are binding with Keurig Company to have the brewers installed and maintained plus also have coffee delivered to the customers. The only brands they are really authorized to deal with are the green mountain ones. They got some set and strict conditions of the number of the new customers and installations to achieve so as to retain their status. This are authorized distributors of Keurig known as the KADs.
No such restrictions are set for the home k-cups model and the coffee together with the brewers can be purchased anywhere in the world and from anyone.
The design of the k-cup patented by the by the green mountain paved the way for other companies to produce keurig compatible models. They k-cup is a trade mark for the green mountain; they cannot use this for their products though there are those which are very similar to the in appearance and brewing.
Some of such brewers are the grove square by the tree house foods, Marley coffee by mother parkers, San Francisco bay a company dealing with organic coffee, copper moon among others.
Most ranked and popular products
1. Dark magic- green mountain- a bit dusty tasting and thin coffee with shoe leather and dark chocolate flavors. It is a mixture of some roasting, legume and vegetable notes coupled with some little raisin sweetness. it is fine for a k-cup, drinkable and not necessary enjoyable. K-cups.
2. Starbucks caramel- its flavor is like a of a sugar free drink.
3. Classic roast Folgers coffee- The coffee product is pre roasted. It is like an old and raw product tasting like the wet cardboard.
4. French roast Diedrich blend- it is pungent, tarry and chemically tasting though not that enjoyable.
5. Colombia Huila laughing man- the common flavors is that of cashew and peanut with a medium body, not old tasting, nor heavily strong.
6. Italian roast coffee house of barista prima mole or curry tasting, strongly game with a roasted flavor.
7. Extra bold French roast-tully- tastes strongly as the dark chocolate and very bitter plus it tastes fishy and old.
8. Doughnuts smooth Krispy Kreme- it is slightly nutty though not detectable in tasting with a lighter body.
9. Hawaiian blend- Tully’s- vinegary tasting similar to the hoisin sauce and the flavor is like that of Vietnam food. Though it is overpowered by acrid and vinegary flavors though still have sweetness like that of strawberry tones.
10. Revv coffee- the flavor is like that of straight char. It is strong with a good body for a dark roasted coffee.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top K-Cups with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2022-07-04.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.