Kopi Luwak Coffees
The coffee, kopi luwak, besides being a world famous commodity for being the highest priced, the coffee is also high end and produced from the high grade Arabica. It is naturally produced from the civet cat which gives it a unique taste. Its popular flavor profile is complex and strong aromatically.
Top Kopi Luwak Coffees
- 1 Pound/456 Grams -100% Pure Wild Organic Roasted Robusta Civet Coffee/Kopi Luwak Whole Beans - packaged in 4 heremetically sealed aluminum foil coffee bags with 1-way valve to ensure freshness (4 ounces/113 grams each) total of 1 pound/456 grams.
- 1 FREE Jute/Gift Tote Bag and Palm Civet Information card
- Roasted Fresh in the USA to ensure a long shelf life & Superior Roast
- 100% Wild & Organic rosubsta beans gathered from wild civets, CANOPY SHADE GROWN, Pesticide free certifed by Philippine Government
- approximately 16 servings per package (7 grams to one 8oz french press) 65 servings total
- Original Kopi Luwak (Civet Coffee), The World's Most Exclusive Coffee
- Produced in Java & Sumatra, and Roasted in Malaysia
- One of the Must Do's in the Bucket List
- Perfect Gift Item for Adventurous Gastronomers
- 100% Pure Authentic Kopi Luwak Coffee Beans, not a phony blend for an original Kopi Luwak experience
- Wild Civet coffee sustainably sourced and collected by small farmer's in North Sumatra, Indonesia so no animals are harmed
- Rich, strong flavored, and amazingly full-bodied, a perfect cup of coffee to savor
- The Most Expensive Coffee in the World famously known from the movie The Bucket List
- Medium roasted whole beans for a remarkable taste.
- Product of Indonesia, halal certified product
- Low Acid - It's gentler on your stomach than regular coffee.
- Less sugar, export quality.
- Take a satisfying coffee break anywhere, anytime, just add hot water! Wonderful, silky texture and rich flavor!
- 20shacets @ 20 gram per bag, 2 bags per order
- 100% Authentic Kopi Luwak Coffee Beans. Wild Civet coffee sustainably collected by a small farmer's in North Sumatra, Indonesia
- Wild Cage Free Civet coffee sustainably sourced and collected by small farmer's in North Sumatra, Indonesia so no animals are harmed
- Intensely aromatic with a complex flavor profile, rich, strong flavored, and amazingly full-bodied, a perfect cup of coffee to savor
- Whole Bean, 1 Pound Bag, Medium Roast, The Most Expensive Coffee in the World famously known from the movie The Bucket List
- Medium roasted whole beans for a remarkable taste.
- UNIQUE QUALITY: #1 Premium ground coffee in Vietnam. Carefully selecting & expertly roasting. Analogue of Kopi Luwak (Civet Coffee)
- TASTE: Caramel and Vanilla. Soft and gentle flavor with a hint caramel and vanilla.
- SUITABLE FOR ALL COFFEE MAKERS: Suitable for any preparation method; you can brew it by hand, with a coffee filter, using a French Press or with a coffee machine. There is also a traditional Vietnamese brewing method, reflected on the side of coffee pack
- SOCIAL COMMITMENT: Direct Trade is our trade model of choice. We aim to work directly with producers and farmers at origin and repay them improving their life quality and farming conditions.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: You will be fully refunded if you don't like this product.
Coffee Kopi Luwak
The most world’s expensive coffees are the Kopi Luwak. The strange method of producing this coffee is the major factor making this coffee very costly. The coffee is usually made from some coffee beans that are already digested by an Indonesia animal like cat that is commonly known as civet cat or palm civet. This is also the primary reason why the coffee variety is referred to as civet cat or the cat poop coffees.
These cat feces/wastes are collected and processed to finishing to be sold as the famous coffee, Kopi Luwak. The coffee has a very unique flavor profile and other properties. Is value is defined by its scarcity, peculiar production method, high demand, unique taste and actually it the world’s most expensive coffee type.
Pricing of Kopi Luwak Coffee
While a normal cup of cup will go for about two to five dollars in just an ordinary coffee shop, the kopi luwak coffee goes for about 35 to 100 dollars per cup at a similar shop. Half kilo gram or pound of kopi luwak coffee goes for about 100 t0 600 dollars while average coffee will just go for roughly three to ten dollars per the same amount.
Production of the coffee luwak is about 500 to about 1000 pounds or 250-500kg annually while number one coffee producer in the world Brazil produces averagely 900 tons kg (mio tons yearly).
What’s the big deal with the Kopi Luwak coffees?
Yes, why are the poop coffees so much special?
The producing process of the coffees makes the big difference. The plant used for producing the kopi luwak coffee is some ever green indigenous of Asia and Africa and tropical evergreen crop. The plant was also, around the 1600s, imported by the Latin America.
The coffee beans are by fact seeds which contain a protection against animals, the caffeine. However, this is immune to the cat known as the civet. This cat belongs to the mammal viverridae family and is a relatively small animal. These animals usually feed on the very ripe coffee cherries in the Indonesian nation. Therefore they like harvest the beans when ripe thus producing good quality coffees. This cat is locally known as the luwak.
Digestion of the coffee cherries
When the cat eats the coffee cherries, the pulp and cherries are digested living only the coffee seeds/beans undigested. The beans undergo some fermentation and thus giving the kopi luwak its great and unique flavor. The cat then removes the coffee beans as feces after about twenty four hours. In the south eastern Asia the feces from this cat are treasures and are usually got from the farmers to be processed as coffee.
The coffees are then washed and dried. They are the pounded to remove the skin go through sorting and finally roasted. Not that this cat is wild and eat the coffees at their own leisure.
Brewing kopi luwak coffee
Kopi luwak coffee is brewed like any other coffee both using French press, espresso or even the pour over and dripping method. However not that to enjoy the most out of the kopi luwak coffee do not use flavoring ingredients such as cream, milk and sugar as you will not be able to get the rich special flavor. Do not kill or cover the taste but rather just enjoy it.
Important to note
It is very important to note that kopi luwak coffee is produced is usually animal authentic and friendly. This suggests that the animal have independently and freely eaten the coffee cherries from the farmers coffee gardens and then produced them as waste. These feces are what the farmers collect in their farms and sell for processing as coffee. Since the coffees attract very high prices though they scarce, the farmers are trying to engineer methods to produce more coffees using UN ethical methods.
Producing fake coffee luwak
Almost more than 70 percent of kopi luwak coffee found in the market is not the genuine kopi luwak or is not a hundred percent pure. Even some Indonesian business people are packaging fake low grade coffee commodities under the banner of coffee luwak and getting good money like 300 dollars per 500 kg coffee.
Use of caged or farmed luwak to produce coffee
Animal harmless coffee seeds are collected on the coffee farms and them collected by the farmers for roasting. However some farmers started to use UN natural method to produce the coffees so as to benefit from the lucrative market. They are no longer concerned about the quality coffee produced naturally but the money coming from selling the coffee beans.
For this reason the coffee farmers have found several civets and domesticated them feeding them on the coffee cherries so that they can out put it as feces. This is an animal enslaving activity and actually does not produce the high quality coffee produced from the wild cat. Since these animals are wild, they fight when closed together in one place and then they eventually scum to death owing to distress to be wild again.
Quality of wild versus the farmed civets
Traditionally the luwak animal only fed on the best and ripe coffee fruits and are of course produce the pest coffee quality with automated filters. On the other hand the coffee produced from the caged civet cats is not from the best coffee cherries but the offered to the cats by the farmers to fight hungry.
Wild civets fetch and choose the coffee cherries from a bush like environment which offers more variety as compared to the domesticated where they sought just from a few in a container offered by the farmers. Most of the times the cats do not feed on anything else apart from the coffee fruits since this is only what the farmers feed them.
Where coffee luwak is produced
This variety coffee is fetched from the coffee growing regions in the country of Indonesia especially the nihuta in Lintong and north of Sumatra Island. The coffee is from the Arabica beans and is good quality. The coffees are collected from the coffee plantation owners by a small farmer’s organic coffee organization in the region.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Kopi Luwak Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-08-17