Most Expensive Coffees in 2022
- 1 Most Expensive Coffees in 2022
- 1.1 Aroma Ridge Jamaica Blue Mountain® Coffee Whole Bean 2 lbs Bag - Medium Roast Fresh Roasted in USA - 100% Pure and Authentic Jamaican Gourmet Coffee with a Smooth Milk Chocolate Finish
- 1.2 Kopi Luwak Direct Wild Kopi Luwak Coffee, 2.4 oz / 70 Grams
- 1.3 Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee, 100% Pure, Ground Coffee, Fresh Roasted, 16-ounce
- 1.4 Esmeralda Private Geisha Collection 8oz,227g
- 1.5 5 lbs of 100% Certified Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee (Full City Roast)
- 1.6 10 lbs of Authentic, 100% Certified Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee | Roasted to Order | Medium Roast
- 1.7 5 lbs of Authentic, 100% Certified Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee | Roasted to Order (Medium Roast)
- 1.8 Most Expensive Coffees in 2022
In today’s time, coffee is the most popular energy-boosting drink that is consumed by people from all corners of the world. There are some coffees that can be categorized under the elite category of the most expensive coffees in the world. The reason why they are so expensive is because of how incredibly rare they are. And, as we all know, the rarer an item, the most expensive it becomes.
Aroma Ridge Jamaica Blue Mountain® Coffee Whole Bean 2 lbs Bag - Medium Roast Fresh Roasted in USA - 100% Pure and Authentic Jamaican Gourmet Coffee with a Smooth Milk Chocolate Finish
- 100% PURE JAMAICA BLUE MOUNTAIN COFFEE - Directly imported from Wallenford farm, certified and licensed, whole bean Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee is the real deal. This is NOT a coffee blend, but 100% certified whole beans direct from the Jamaica Blue Mountain range - with all the intense aroma and distinct flavor that soothes the spirit and satisfies the soul.
- HARVESTED FROM THE BLUE MOUNTAINS - Our coffee beans come from the Jamaican Blue Mountain range - 2000 feet above sea level - known for its cool climate, rich soil, and continuous rainfall. The perfect climate conditions produce the Blue Mountain coffee bean - considered the best and most distinguished in the world.
- FRESH ROASTED IN THE USA - Once the coffee beans arrive from Jamaica, they are roasted locally in Marietta, Georgia. Our team of expert master roasters work with the coffee beans in small batches that are immediately shipped to Amazon to ensure freshness and quality control.
- SMOOTH CHOCOLATE FINISH WITH HINTS OF CITRUS - Medium roast, good acidity, and a distinct flavor - this coffee is unlike any other cup of coffee you've had before. Gourmet coffee at its best that will impress the most passionate connoisseur.
- DRINK BETTER COFFEE - Over 30 years of passion for coffee at Aroma Ridge has helped us grow our coffee network. We are the licensed direct importer of Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee - one of the most sought after coffees worldwide.
- ▶ ▶ ▶ This Wild Kopi Luwak coffee grows in the volcanic area of Mt.Matutum in the Philippines. The plantation nestles in the heart of the Philippines’ Luwak habitat, home to ≈2800 wild civets. They are free to choose which beans they eat, and to eat their natural diet, which enriches the flavour of this coffee.
- ◈ ◈ ◈ It's cultivated at a sustainable plantation of high quality arabica coffee plants in the highlands of the Philippines. The coffee never receives artificial fertilisers or chemicals of any sort to increase the output of coffee plants, relying on the perfect combination of soil, altitude and climate at Mt Matutum to nurture the plants. “Quality Before Quantity”
- ◼ ◼ ◼ More than Fair Trade - The coffee is produced in partnership with the B’laan tribe, the traditional residents of this land. They get paid for their labour with wages far in excess of ‘fair trade’ standards, in appreciation of the hard work involved in collecting and processing the beans.
- ◉ ◉ ◉ Trusted by Gourmets Worldwide - Customers of this coffee value the exceptionally high quality of this product
- ◨ ◨ ◨ Very smooth taste with unique aroma. It's cherished by connoisseurs around the globe. Order today and taste it yourself.
- 100% Pure Jamaica Blue Mountain Coffee Beans Certified by the Jamaica Agricultural Commodities Regulatory Authority for a pure authentic taste.
- The most prized coffee in the world with balance, prominent fruit flavors, acidity and provides all the satisfaction one could want with a strong and intense aroma.
- Medium roasted ground coffee allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- Fresh roasted the immediately packed and sealed to assure freshness.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- 8oz,227g bag of Hacienda Esmeralda Private Geisha Whole Beans Collection
- The very top chateaux are fabulous coffee in their own right, still costly but a relative bargain. Lafite-Rothschild has its Lafite Rothschild Carruades de Lafite; Château Latour its Les Forts de Latour. These wines would be great in anyone's book, but they are withheld, often for a tiny detail, from being in the rarified top lot. The same holds true for Esmeralda Private Collection Geisha. This is a wonderful coffee, exhibiting much of the same lovely jasmine, floral and lemony tones witnessed
- Competition for the coffee is fierce and prices go very high. This year a new world price record was set for a natural process lot attaining $601 a pound! Without considering this record price most of the auctioned coffee is in the $50 to $200 range and needs to be at least twice that by the time it roasted and sold. Esmeralda can go for $5 to $20 when sold by the cup.
- Roasting Notes: We artisan roasted medium light.This will best preserve the delicate Geisha citrus and fruit flavors, which can be masked if dark roasted
- Excellent gift for any coffee aficionado
Most Expensive Coffees in 2022
Coffee on a global scale
Even before we sit down to determine what the ‘normal’ and ‘high’ price of coffee should be, you do need to remember that the cost expectations are not universal and objective. For people hailing from the developed section of the world, coffee is an affordable luxury.
When coffee is reduced to a commodity or manufactured goods, it can get easy to forget that there are millions of people who are depending on it for their daily livelihood.
Why is coffee an expensive business overall?
Here are some reasons why coffee can be a bit expensive:
- It is a risky business
The coffee industry is a volatile business in more than a single way – shifts in the consuming trends can create ripples across coffee-producing countries, the commercial market might fluctuate due to unseen circumstances, experiment and innovation come with the potential for a reward or a loss, and the coffee plants being vulnerable and delicate.
In most cases, the reason for paying higher process cost, and therefore higher prices, for coffee is a way to compensate for those risks.
- Less is always more
You will find a lot of issues that can be threatening to a good coffee supply chain. However, these threats are the reason why some coffees have such heavy price tags. Climatic changes are shrinking the average size of the farms, the harvest season, and the available arable land all over the world.
Additionally, ecological nuisances like infestations and diseases, as well as frost and natural disasters, play their respective roles in lowering the yields, which results in prices over the roof. Then there are also low ages, industrialization, and immigration. The more obstacles are available in coffee production, the costlier is the price.
- Many hands make the art
On average, coffee beans are handled by approximately 30 pairs of hands before it reaches to you in the packaged form. While most of us already know about pickers and planters, the roaster and the barista, there are also some entities in the middle that can drive up the cost.
While there are some middlemen that can be cut-off from the production line, some play important roles in the creation process. For instance, they sort out the defective beans from the bunch to maintain the quality; or they push the rakes across the pile of coffee as they are drying under the sun. Then you also have people who carry the beans from one place to another while others manufacture the packaging. These are just some of the people who work behind the scenes for delivering your daily cup of joe.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2023-03-21.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.