Best Organic Coffees in 2020
- 1 Best Organic Coffees in 2020
- 1.1 2LB Subtle Earth Organic Coffee - Medium-Dark Roast - Whole Bean - Organic Arabica Coffee - (2 lb) Bag
- 1.2 365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Ground Coffee, Vienna Roast - Pacific Rim (Bag), 24 Ounce
- 1.3 5LB Subtle Earth Organic Coffee - Medium-Dark Roast - Whole Bean - Organic Arabica Coffee - (5 lb) Bag
- 1.4 365 by Whole Foods Market, Organic Whole Bean Coffee, Vienna Roast, Pacific Rim, 24 Ounce
- 1.5 Stumptown Coffee Roasters Holler Mountain Whole Bean Organic Coffee, 12 oz
- 1.6 Kicking Horse Coffee, Three Sisters, Medium Roast, Ground, 10 Oz - Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee
- 1.7 Mayorga Organics Café Cubano Roast, 5lb bag, Dark Roast Whole Arabica Bean Coffee, Specialty-Grade, USDA Organic, Non-GMO Verified, Direct Trade, Kosher
- 1.8 2LB Mayorga Organics Café Cubano Roast, Dark Roast Whole Bean Coffee, Specialty-Grade, USDA Organic, Non-GMO Verified, Direct Trade, Kosher, 100% Arabica Beans
- 1.9 Newman's Own Organics Newman's Breakfast Blend, Ground Coffee, Medium Roast, Bagged 10oz
- 1.10 5LB Subtle Earth Organic Coffee - Light Roast - Whole Bean - Organic Arabica Coffee - (5 lb) Bag
- 1.11 5LB Subtle Earth Organic Coffee - Dark Roast - Whole Bean Coffee - Organic Arabica Coffee - 5 lb bag
- 1.12 Organic Coffee Co. Gorilla Decaf Ground Coffee 12 Ounce Medium Light Roast Natural Water Processed Decaffeinated USDA Organic
- 1.13 Mount Hagen 7.05 oz Organic Fair Trade Freeze Dried Decaffeinated Instant Coffee Bulk Resealable Doypack Bag, Kosher Single-origin 100% Arabica Freeze Dried Coffee Packets, Instant Coffee For Camping
- 1.14 Organic Coffee Co. OneCUP Gorilla DECAF 80 Ct Natural Water Processed Medium Light Roast Compostable Coffee Pods, K Cup Compatible including Keurig 2.0
- 1.15 Kicking Horse Coffee, Kick Ass, Dark Roast, Whole Bean, Certified Organic, Fairtrade, Kosher Coffee, 2.2 lb, 35.2 Ounce
- 1.16 SF Bay Coffee OneCUP Organic Rainforest Blend 80 Ct Medium Roast Compostable Coffee Pods, K Cup Compatible including Keurig 2.0 (Packaging May Vary)
- 1.17 AmazonFresh Organic Fair Trade Peru Ground Coffee, Medium Roast, 12 Ounce (Pack of 3)
- 1.18 Organic Coffee Co. OneCUP Breakfast Blend 36 Ct Medium Light Roast Compostable Coffee Pods, K Cup Compatible including Keurig 2.0
- 1.19 2LB Subtle Earth Organic Decaf - Swiss Water Process Decaf - Medium Dark Roast - Whole Bean Coffee - Low Acidity - Organic Certified by CCOF - 2 Pound Bag
- 1.20 2LB Subtle Earth Organic Coffee - Dark Roast - Whole Bean - Organic Arabica Coffee - 2 lb Bag
- 1.21 Organic Coffee Company Coffees
- 1.22 Additional Products to View
Organic coffee is coffee grown under certain conditions. These conditions include no use of chemical products when producing the coffee by the farmers like pesticides, fertilizers, herbicides among other conditions like shading.
Organic Coffee Company Coffees
The Organic Coffee Company is one of the brands of Rogers Family Company. Apart from this, the other brands include East India Tea Company, Pleasant Hill Farms, and San Francisco Bay Coffee. More than 35 years ago, Jon and Barbara Rogers decided to take a huge gamble on the bankrupt business known as the San Francisco Bay Gourmet Coffee.
Jon was looking to buy a company in 1979 when he took a year off from work. With more than 22 years of experience in the field of marketing, he learned how the big and famous industries operated. Hence, he wanted to start his own company where he could make the decisions. That same year, small coffee and tea company came up for sale in San Francisco and Jon bought them out of bankruptcy.
With the help of only the family members, they grew this small local coffee roasting business to one of the biggest coffee roastings and distributing powerhouses today. The family initially started off in a 5,000 sq. feet location in San Francisco. The business had very humble beginnings, but the family worked hard and saw early success. This success came in the form of automated equipment, the manual vacuum chamber packaging machine when the family moved their base to a larger facility in San Francisco. This equipment was used to package the 2-lb and 3-lb value bags.
As things started getting better, Jon realized that a larger facility would be needed to supplement the growth of the company. The company got business from larger retailers and things went up to a point when the family members were working 24/7 to keep up with the demands.
Why Organic Coffee Company Coffees?
What makes Organic Coffee Company (or the Rogers Family Company) so different than other coffee companies? For starters, they are an environmentally and socially responsible company that cares just as much about the world as they do their coffee.
From the above, we have seen how humbly the family started this company more than 35 years ago. Since that time, the company has been working with many small farming families in places like Rwanda, Panama, and Mexico where coffee beans are grown using the shade farming method. This means that the coffee is grown under tree canopies among other native plants and trees.
While this method produces smaller yields than other conventional farming methods, the coffee you get is of higher quality and does not need clearing the forest. Once the coffee beans are collected, they go through a very special roasting system. This seals downs the flavor of the coffee and it stays as fresh as possible. So, everyone in the process, right from the farmers and the coffee drinkers, stay happy and contended.
With their groundbreaking Community Aid Program, Organic Coffee Company wants to break the cycle of poverty that is currently existing within the coffee community. The company strives to spend at least $1 million each year to improve the sanitary, health and education conditions of coffee farmers and their families on every coffee farm where the company does its business.
Organic Coffee Company also provides agricultural assistance to coffee farmers to convert farms into organic and shade farms and improve the quality of the coffee crop. Apart from making the coffee taste delicious, it also improves the environment like flora and fauna and the water supply among the communities among the communities in places like Rwanda and Mexico.
These community aid programs help coffee farming communities in several different ways. Overall, it also improves agricultural quality. All the coffee is ethically traded and done so fairly. Every penny that goes to the partner coffee firm ensures that a difference is being made to lift the personal life and work conditions of the coffee farmers and their families.
Shade grown coffee
Shade grown coffee is a method of cultivating coffee within nature. Organic Coffee Company plants coffee trees among the forest covering of native trees, rather than the usual open land in the full sun.
While the yield of the shade-grown coffee tree is lesser due to a reduced amount of sunlight, the plant is provided healthier nutrition from its surroundings. This delivers better flavored and good-quality coffee beans.
This combination creates a much healthier soil content that protects the environment for the native animals and plants and fights global warming. As a matter of fact, Organic Coffee Company has restored forests and wildlife by transforming acres of barren land.
Organic Coffee Company grows its Arabica coffee tree via this method. Arabica coffee is one of those coffee varieties that is harder to grow and is often shade cultivated at high elevation. Organic Coffee Company is committed to always make use of Arabica coffee beans only.
Organic Coffee Company is certified for the following:
The US Department of Agriculture verifies the products manufactured by the Organic Coffee Company, including the handling standards, are at least 95% organic. All the Organic Coffee Company’s coffee products have been cleared and certified organic.
California Certified Organic Farmers is a non-profit organization that encourages organic agriculture via promotion, advocacy, education, and organic certification. Its organic standards enhance and promotes soil fertility, biological cycles, and biodiversity and maintain, restores and enhance ecological harmony.
Types of coffees at Organic Coffee Company:
- Petes Espresso Blend Coffee: This is a very unique blend of South and Central American coffee beans. It has the perfect combination of sweetness and is darker than the regular roast.
- Breakfast Blend Coffee: The light/medium roast has notes of caramel, cream, and citrus.
- Bella Rossa Espresso: This espresso has a thick red crema, a smooth body, and a delicate aroma. It is perfect for regular or espresso coffee.
- Fog Chaser Coffee: This medium/dark roast has balanced notes of chocolate, citrus, and cream.
- Hurricane Espresso: This is a whirlwind of dark roasts and is blended to give a vibrant and potent cup with a calm aftertaste.
- Extra Dark Italian Roast Coffee: This coffee is darker than the company’s French Roast. The dark roasting gives this coffee a very smoky and powerful flavor.
- Dark Espresso Coffee: These are organic Arabica beans that have been roasted to create a perfect, vibrant and bold cup of coffee with a very smooth aftertaste.
Organic coffee companies strive to sell on the best tea and coffee products while pioneering its Community Aid program to improve the coffee farmer communities and the impact on the environment. The Rogers Family Company will continue to play its part to ensure that every operation is done in the most organic manner.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Organic Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-01-13.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.