Best Papua New Guinea Coffees in 2020
- 1 Best Papua New Guinea Coffees in 2020
- 1.1 Fresh Roasted Coffee LLC, Papua New Guinea Coffee, Medium Roast, Whole Bean, 2 Pound Bag
- 1.2 The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf Organic Papua New Guinea Coffee, 2 Pound
- 1.3 Coffee Bean Direct City Roast Papua New Guinea, Whole Bean Coffee, 5-Pound Bag
- 1.4 GEVALIA Special Reserve Papua New Guinea Medium Roast Fine Ground Coffee (10 oz Bag)
- 1.5 Seattles Best Whole Bean Coffee - 5lb Bag (Papua New Guinea Highlands)
- 1.6 Papua New Guinea Coffee, Whole Bean, Fair Trade, Fresh Roasted, 16-ounce
- 1.7 Papua New Guinea Organic Estate Coffee Beans (Medium Roast (Full City +), 5 Pounds Whole Beans)
- 1.8 Camano Island Coffee Roasters - Organic Fresh Roasted Coffee - Papua New Guinea Medium Roast - Whole Bean - 2 Lb
- 1.9 Copper Moon Papua New Guinea Origin, Medium Roast Coffee Pods Compatible with Keurig K-Cup Brewers, 12 Ct. (292273)
- 1.10 Papua New Guinea Coffee
- 1.10.1 Papua New Guinea coffee flavor profile
- 1.10.2 Production
- 1.10.3 Coffee growing regions from the Papua New Guinea
- 1.10.4 Papua New Guinea Kimel Coffee
- 1.10.5 Arona coffees from Papua New Guinea
- 1.10.6 Growing of coffee crops in Papua New Guinea
- 1.10.7 Factors affecting coffee growing in Papua New Guinea
- 1.10.8 Roasting the Papua New Guinea coffee beans
- 1.10.9 Best brewing methods
- 1.11 Additional Products to View
Papua New Guinea coffee is aromatic with mellow, composite flavor with a winy taste that makes it outstanding among the world’s coffee. The coffees are heavy bodied with rich fruitier aroma.
- BOLD & SATISFYING, SMOOTH & SWEET. This Super Smooth Coffee from Papua New Guinea has Notes of Berries and Dark Chocolate.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM THE GOROKA AREA IN THE EASTERN HIGHLAND PROVINCE. Typical, Arusha, & Bourbon Varietals.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- ALL OUR COFFEES ARE ROASTED in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- Roast Profile: Medium roast Papua New Guinea coffee beans from the Sigri estate are naturally sweet, with a fruity aroma, a spicy body, and clean refreshing flavor
- Little Bean Long Journey: Each bag consists of hand-picked coffee beans, washed, dried and processed from all around the world
- Store Quality: Enjoy the Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf coffee you love at home with your coffee bean grinder, clean filtered water, and your coffee maker; grind beans just before brewing for optimal taste
- Whole Bean Coffee: Coffee beans retain their natural properties and result in the most flavorful coffee possible once whole beans are grinded and brewed
- Bag Size: Each bag contains 2 pounds of organic whole bean Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf coffee beans
- Whole Bean Papua New Guinea: This balanced brew features hints of citrus and dark chocolate and a crisp finish. Not as earthy as a Sumatra and with a lighter body than a Java, this clean cup yields a deep, complex flavor
- Happiness is Brewing: We source coffee from Brazil, Costa Rica, Sumatra, Kenya and Kona to find the most flavorful beans for your next cup. Try iced, as cold brew, with a French press, AeroPress or pour over
- So Many Choices: We're passionate about coffee. Try our product lines of Single Origin, Decaffeinated, Blends, and Tea. Also explore our light, medium and dark roasts
- Expertly Roasted: Expect more from our beans than just a jolt of caffeine. We offer coarse, finely ground and whole bean options. Enjoy peak flavor and aroma in your latte, mocha, espresso or drip
- Coffee Bean Direct: Our dedication to roasting expertise, unrivaled freshness, modern convenience, and fair pricing allows us to bring you the best coffees and teas imaginable in artisanal blends and flavors
- Gevalia Special Reserve Fine Ground Papua New Guinea Coffee
- Robust flavor with a hint of sweetness.
- Made with 100% Arabica beans.
- Single Origin Source
- Starbucks Single Origin Papua New Guinea Highlands - 5lb Bag
- Plain silver 5lb Commercial bag **See photo**
- Vacuum Sealed
- Papua New Guinea Coffee displays a pungent, mango and papaya fruitiness in the aroma with a clean full-bodied flavor and is sweet and floral.
- Seedlings are from Jamaican Blue Mountain that recall the original flavor.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Bean is sweet-toned, delicate aroma with butter notes and hints of chocolate and Mediterranean spice; when roasted full medium this coffee exhibits a savory hint of orange and a spicy, tannic finish.
- Fresh Roasted Each Morning & Shipped in the Afternoon! Even sweeter in the cup, still delicate but rich.
- Quietly complex with distinct floral notes and a crisp, subtle fruit that suggests Riesling table wine or perhaps black currant.
- The fruit notes turn toward cocoa in the long, continuing sweet finish.
- Papua New Guinea produces some of the most rich, full bodied and intense cups on the planet.
- PREMIUM FRESH ROASTED COFFEE- All of our coffee must meet the highest standard. We strive in bringing the freshest coffee possible directly to you. Always bagged and shipped within 48 hours of roasting!
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC PAPUA NEW GUINEA MEDIUM ROAST - Known for its richness and crisp, clean finish, Papua New Guinea medium roast coffee gives you delicious chocolaty tones.
- FLAVOR - Enjoy distinct chocolaty tones with hints of cocoa, dried fruit, and brown sugar with a crisp clean finish from our organic Papua New Guinea coffee.
- USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC, SHADE GROWN, AND FAIR TRADE CERTIFIED - In addition to paying above the Fair Trade standard for the beans, we also give $1 per shipment to Agros International. When you buy our beans you are changing a farmer's future!
- PRIDE AND SATISFACTION IN PERFECTING EVERY ROAST - 30 day money back guarantee if you are in ANY way unsatisfied with our coffee!
- SUSTAINABLE COFFEE SOURCING: Copper Moon Coffee has created our own globally sustainable coffee bean sourcing program focusing outwardly to achieve a positive social, economic, and environmental impact. We search for beans at high elevation, low elevation, organic, single origin coffee beans from small family owned farms in attempt to enhance the wellbeing of the family and farm. Our goal is to bring you the freshest coffee for you to proudly brew and serve.
- HAND CRAFTED ON EARTH: Copper Moon Coffee's handcrafted process begins with premium specialty grade coffee beans sourced from 5 continents and 17 different countries. We small batch roast the beans to ensure we bring out the best aroma and flavors in each and every coffee we offer. Whether you enjoy light roast, medium roast or dark roast, each sip of a cup of Copper Moon Coffee embodies a singular & delightful event, the perfect blend of fresh beans and careful roasting.
- COPPER MOON COFFEE SINGLE SERVE PODS: Copper Moon Coffee allergen free, Kosher certified K-Cups are single batch prepared and perfect for coffee lovers on the go who need the convenience of single serve brewing. Designed for compatibility with Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 K-Cup brewing systems.
- Truly satisfying every time with single serve cups designed to work in all Keurig 1.0 and 2.0 brewers
- Grown in the Waghi Valley in Papua New Guinea at an elevation of 1400 - 1800 meters. This single origin coffee is roasted to bring out notes of dark chocolate, orange and caramel with a creamy medium body and very clean finish.
Papua New Guinea Coffee
An island occupying the half of New Guinea Island is the Papua New Guinea (PNG) nation. The coffees grown here are more popular in the world among the high altitude grown coffee. The area is characterized by very high elevations, rich volcano soil and excellent climate which together make perfect coffee growing environs. The very first coffees in the PNG nation were introduced in the early 19th century. The industry have seen it good and trying moments with the country thriving to be one of the best coffee producer in the world. The country ranks as 17th as the largest coffee exporter in the world.
Papua New Guinea coffee flavor profile
The taste is not predictable. It is usually sweet, floral, mild acidic, apple wine, full bodied and clean bright taste. The after taste is very deep and lowly key. Papua New Guinea coffee aroma is fruitier with papaya and mango notes.
In general the flavor is defined as acidic, brighter and less earthly with and apple winy flavor which makes the coffees really stand out.
Majority of the Papua New Guinea coffee producers are small scale with elevations ranging from 4000 to about 6000 feet above mean sea level. The country grows varied coffee beans and is processed using any method the farmers may prefer. The only uniform characteristic of coffee growing in Papua New Guinea is that the coffees are harvested in the early all the way towards mid-summer and late spring. The beans are typically available in November onwards.
The processing method is mainly through washing though it may vary with different farmers. In the large scale plantations and more established farms the processing method is similar in order to bring out uniform and good quality coffees. The big difference between the coffees from different farms like in small and large scale production highly influences the quality of beans due to inconsistency. For the small farms it is very difficult to determine the quality and flavor while for the large farms this is very controlled and thus the flavors are more stable and the quality well defined.
Coffee growing regions from the Papua New Guinea
The very popular coffee growing region in Papua New Guinea is the region along the single and large mountains situated in the center of the nation. These high elevation provinces are accountable for about 75 percent of the total coffee produced in Papua New Guinea. The areas also produce the majority coffee which is exported to other nations like those in northern America.
This highland coffee growing zone is divided into town major regions highland provinces: Eastern where coffee is mostly grown in Kainantu and Goroka; Western province where coffee is grown on the out ring of mount Hagen town.
A region located between the two provinces also produce some coffee though the beans are low quality and are like the low quality Robusta coffees as opposed to the high grown Arabica trees.
Papua New Guinea Kimel Coffee
This is coffee processed through washing method. It is normally full bodied with a medium and light acidity coupled with strong aroma with chocolate and current hints. It is also known as herbal and wild. The coffee is similar to the blue mountain variety from Jamaica but have a heavy body like the Indonesian beans.
The coffees are grown bordering Jamaica. Medium and medium dark roasting is the best for these coffees to highlight the sparkling acidity.
Arona coffees from Papua New Guinea
They represent one of the revered Papua New Guinea beans with a distinct rich taste with a rich aroma which is well balanced and have fruitier hints. These coffees are full bodied and maybe earthly but not as heavy bodied as the Indonesian Sumatran coffees or fine aromatic as the Toraja Sulawesi coffee beans. However they are as exotic and classic as the Sulawesi coffees this coffees are wet processed.
Growing of coffee crops in Papua New Guinea
Majority of coffee growing industry in Papua New Guinea is comprised of small scale farmers which are small with coffee left to grow wildly and naturally and only harvested when they are reap for picking. However when it comes to quality and great returns the bigger farms are the dominators. Coffee varieties in Papua New Guinea are varied and the common ones are Blue Mountain, bourbon, Arusha and Caturra.
Factors affecting coffee growing in Papua New Guinea
About 2.5 million Papua New Guinea people depend on the coffee industry. The major problem faced by farmers is the poor transport especially roads which makes the areas less accessible. Danger of thieves stealing the coffee beans before they hit the market since the region is very remote.
Since the coffee growers in Papua New Guinea don’t depend on coffee growing to survive, there is no pressure of engaging in large scale or more specialized and controlled farming. Although the coffee returns being received by farmers are encouraging them to improve on their production and coffee bean processing methods. There is also on going farmer education on how to produce high end and great yields from the coffee to maximize on their returns.
Roasting the Papua New Guinea coffee beans
To get the best from the Papua New Guinea coffee beans do it moderately either using a roast varying from medium dark down to medium. This help in highlighting the flavor of the beans more and maintaining the brightness and lightness of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans.
Best brewing methods
Espresso or French press is the best way of brewing the Papua New Guinea coffees. French press helps to pull the oils of thee coffee beans while highlighting the brighter and fruitier notes of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans. Note the coffees are at their best flavor when freshly roasted and ground for a fresh brew.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Papua New Guinea Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-12-05.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.