Best Papua New Guinea Coffees in 2022
- 1 Best Papua New Guinea Coffees in 2022
- 1.1 Fresh Roasted Coffee, Papua New Guinea, Medium Roast, Kosher, Whole Bean, 32 Ounce
- 1.2 The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf, Organic Papua New Guinea Coffee, Medium-Dark Roast Whole Coffee Beans, 32 Ounce Bag
- 1.3 Coffee Bean Direct City Roast Papua New Guinea, Whole Bean Coffee, 5-Pound Bag
- 1.4 Java Planet, Organic Coffee Beans, Papua New Guinea Single Origin, Gourmet Dark Roast of Arabica Whole Bean Coffee, Certified Organic, Grown at High Altitudes , 1 LB bag
- 1.5 Papua New Guinea Coffee, Whole Bean, Fair Trade, Fresh Roasted, 16-ounce
- 1.6 Fresh Roasted Coffee, Unroasted Papua New Guinea, Kosher, 5 Pound
- 1.7 Fresh Roasted Coffee, Papua New Guinea, Medium Roast, Kosher, K-Cup Compatible, 72 Pods
- 1.8 The Bean Coffee Company Organic Papua New Guinea, Medium Roast, Ground, 16-Ounce Bag
- 1.9 From Modern Production to Imagined Primitive: The Social World of Coffee from Papua New Guinea
- 1.10 Roastmaster Reserve Organic Dark Roast Coffee (Papua New Guinea) – 50ct. Solar Energy Produced Limited Batch Single Origin Dark Roast Organic Coffee Pods - Recyclable Coffee Pods, K Cup Compatible
- 1.11 Papua New Guinea Coffee
- 1.11.1 Papua New Guinea coffee flavor profile
- 1.11.2 Production
- 1.11.3 Coffee growing regions from the Papua New Guinea
- 1.11.4 Papua New Guinea Kimel Coffee
- 1.11.5 Arona coffees from Papua New Guinea
- 1.11.6 Growing of coffee crops in Papua New Guinea
- 1.11.7 Factors affecting coffee growing in Papua New Guinea
- 1.11.8 Roasting the Papua New Guinea coffee beans
- 1.11.9 Best brewing methods
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
Papua New Guinea coffee is aromatic with mellow, composite flavor with a winy taste that makes it outstanding among the world’s coffee. The coffees are heavy bodied with rich fruitier aroma.
- BOLD & SATISFYING, SMOOTH & SWEET. This Super Smooth Coffee from Papua New Guinea has Notes of Berries and Dark Chocolate.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM THE GOROKA AREA IN THE EASTERN HIGHLAND PROVINCE. Typical, Arusha, & Bourbon Varietals.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE IS Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in USA.
- ALL OUR COFFEES ARE ROASTED in Our Environmentally Friendly Loring Roaster to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint.
- AVAILABLE IN WHOLE BEAN AS 12 OZ, 2 LB, and 5 LB Bags.
- Organic Papua New Guinea: This medium dark roast Papua New Guinea coffee beans from the Sigri estate are naturally sweet, with a fruity aroma, a spicy body, and clean refreshing flavor
- Whole Coffee Beans: Our single origin coffee beans are perfect for your French press, coffee maker, espressos and making cold brew at home; Each coffee allows for a balanced flavor profile and captures the unique flavor characteristics of each bean
- Hand Selected: Our whole bean coffees are directly sourced, hand selected and then expertly roasted from the top 1% of specialty grade Arabica coffee beans from small farms around the world
- Good Coffee Quickly: Enjoy our quality coffees at home, school, office or during your travels; Choose from whole bean, ground, organic, or flavored coffees in a variety of roasts, also check out our single serve coffee capsules too
- Born and Brewed in Southern California: Since 1963, The Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf is known for expertly roasted coffees and hand blended teas from the best resources in the world
- City Roast Papua New Guinea: This balanced whole bean coffee features hints of citrus and dark chocolate and a crisp finish; Less earthy than Sumatran coffee, expect a clean brew with a deep, complex flavor
- Happiness is Brewing: We source coffee from Brazil, Costa Rica, Sumatra, Kenya and more to find the most flavorful beans for your next cup. Try iced, as cold brew, with a French press, AeroPress or pour over
- So Many Choices: We're passionate about coffee. Try our product lines of Single Origin, Decaffeinated, Blends, and Tea. Also explore our light, medium and dark roasts
- Expertly Roasted: Expect more from our beans than just a jolt of caffeine. We offer coarse, finely ground and whole bean options. Enjoy peak flavor and aroma in your latte, mocha, espresso or drip
- Coffee Bean Direct: Our dedication to roasting expertise, modern convenience, and fair pricing allows us to bring you the best coffees and teas imaginable in artisanal blends and flavors
- Smooth Dark Roast with Chocolate and Carmel Tones - We dark roast this single-origin coffee to illustrate the chocolate and caramel tones. This makes an excellent cold brew coffee.
- No Pesticides! We use only 100% organic certified arabica coffee whole beans, grown without chemicals or GMOs. In drinking our coffee you will only absorb beneficial antioxidants naturally found in coffee grown at high altitudes.
- Peace of Mind! Our coffee is grown by socially and environmentally responsible farmers. They treat their workers well and protect native species habitats.
- Whole Bean is Better! We only package whole bean coffee for the best flavor and so you may grind your coffee for any brewer - regular drip, pour over, French press, espresso etc...
- Family Owned and Operated! We want you to be happy! If you are not satisfied with your coffee please contact us so we can make it right!
- Papua New Guinea Coffee displays a pungent, mango and papaya fruitiness in the aroma with a clean full-bodied flavor and is sweet and floral.
- Seedlings are from Jamaican Blue Mountain that recall the original flavor.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed.
- Perfect for at-home coffee roasters.
- High-quality raw unroasted coffee beans.
- ALL Fresh Roasted Coffee Is Kosher Certified, Sustainably Sourced and Packaged in USA.
- 5 lb. Bag
- Our unroasted coffee selections are intended for roasting purposes. We do not recommend consuming unroasted coffee.
- BOLD & SATISFYING, SMOOTH & SWEET. This Super Smooth Coffee from Papua New Guinea has Notes of Berries and Dark Chocolate and Rounds Out with a Remarkably Clean Finish.
- SINGLE-ORIGIN FROM THE GOROKA AREA IN THE EASTERN HIGHLAND PROVINCE. Typical, Arusha, & Bourbon Varietals, Grown 1,400-2,400 meters ASL. Wet Processing and Raised Bed Drying.
- ALL FRESH ROASTED COFFEE is OU Kosher Certified and Proudly Roasted, Blended, and Packaged in the USA. Our Coffee is Roasted on Loring (tm) Smart Roasters to Reduce Our Carbon Footprint and Provide Superior Flavor.
- FRESH ROASTED COFFEE PODS ARE RECYCLABLE/COMPOSTABLE. Fresh Roasted Coffee Nitrogen Flushes Every Coffee Pod to Keep Your Coffee at its Freshest.
- 100% ARABICA COFFEE AVAILABLE IN 18 Count or 72 Count Single-Serve Cups Compatible with K-Cup Brewers including 2.0 Machines.
- Papua New Guinea medium roast has balanced body, rich flavor, and medium acidity
- Medium Roast coffees has a fuller body appearance, with a blended balance of acidity and body that begins to give away to the aromas
- Certified Organic by CCOF and USDA; 100% Arabica beans roasted in the USA; bag of one 16-ounce bag
- Coffee beans are hand roasted in small batches to ensure the freshest coffee possible
- Store coffee in an airtight container away from light, heat, and moisture; 2 tablespoons of fresh ground coffee per 6-ounce filtered water
- Duke University Press
- West, Paige (Author)
- English (Publication Language)
- 336 Pages - 02/10/2012 (Publication Date) - Duke University Press Books (Publisher)
- Roastmaster Reserve Organic Dark Roast – Papua New Guinea Purosa, Single Origin Dark Roast Organic Coffee. More Than Just A Brew!
- Limited Batch Rare Organic Single Origin Coffee Packed in Solar Energy Produced Recyclable Pods (Organic Batch #001).
- Serving Size - Overflowing with 13 grams per pod, 30% more than the industry standard, you'll enjoy each indulgent cup. Dark Roast Organic KCup Compatible Including 2.0.
- Roast Profile - Roasted dark roast organic coffee blend developed with cane sugar sweetness ensuring medium acidity and creamy body with sweet caramel overtones and a slight cocoa note finish. An organic single origin dark roast blend that boldly blends the Eastern Highlands of Ivangoi, Purosa, & Okapa Valleys sweetly robust earthy clean taste profile.
- Single Origin Coffee Region - Organic Papua New Guinea Dark Roast Coffee Blend is an exclusive rare single origin coffee grown by several thousand small farmers in the Purosa region at high altitudes, planted amongst natural canopy trees within the jungles of Papua New Guinea. Some Papua New Guinea Purosa Coffee Trees are 25+ years old, producing less fruited cherries, resulting in a higher sugar content than younger crops, translating to a sweeter and more complex end cup.
Papua New Guinea Coffee
An island occupying the half of New Guinea Island is the Papua New Guinea (PNG) nation. The coffees grown here are more popular in the world among the high altitude grown coffee. The area is characterized by very high elevations, rich volcano soil and excellent climate which together make perfect coffee growing environs. The very first coffees in the PNG nation were introduced in the early 19th century. The industry have seen it good and trying moments with the country thriving to be one of the best coffee producer in the world. The country ranks as 17th as the largest coffee exporter in the world.
Papua New Guinea coffee flavor profile
The taste is not predictable. It is usually sweet, floral, mild acidic, apple wine, full bodied and clean bright taste. The after taste is very deep and lowly key. Papua New Guinea coffee aroma is fruitier with papaya and mango notes.
In general the flavor is defined as acidic, brighter and less earthly with and apple winy flavor which makes the coffees really stand out.
Majority of the Papua New Guinea coffee producers are small scale with elevations ranging from 4000 to about 6000 feet above mean sea level. The country grows varied coffee beans and is processed using any method the farmers may prefer. The only uniform characteristic of coffee growing in Papua New Guinea is that the coffees are harvested in the early all the way towards mid-summer and late spring. The beans are typically available in November onwards.
The processing method is mainly through washing though it may vary with different farmers. In the large scale plantations and more established farms the processing method is similar in order to bring out uniform and good quality coffees. The big difference between the coffees from different farms like in small and large scale production highly influences the quality of beans due to inconsistency. For the small farms it is very difficult to determine the quality and flavor while for the large farms this is very controlled and thus the flavors are more stable and the quality well defined.
Coffee growing regions from the Papua New Guinea
The very popular coffee growing region in Papua New Guinea is the region along the single and large mountains situated in the center of the nation. These high elevation provinces are accountable for about 75 percent of the total coffee produced in Papua New Guinea. The areas also produce the majority coffee which is exported to other nations like those in northern America.
This highland coffee growing zone is divided into town major regions highland provinces: Eastern where coffee is mostly grown in Kainantu and Goroka; Western province where coffee is grown on the out ring of mount Hagen town.
A region located between the two provinces also produce some coffee though the beans are low quality and are like the low quality Robusta coffees as opposed to the high grown Arabica trees.
Papua New Guinea Kimel Coffee
This is coffee processed through washing method. It is normally full bodied with a medium and light acidity coupled with strong aroma with chocolate and current hints. It is also known as herbal and wild. The coffee is similar to the blue mountain variety from Jamaica but have a heavy body like the Indonesian beans.
The coffees are grown bordering Jamaica. Medium and medium dark roasting is the best for these coffees to highlight the sparkling acidity.
Arona coffees from Papua New Guinea
They represent one of the revered Papua New Guinea beans with a distinct rich taste with a rich aroma which is well balanced and have fruitier hints. These coffees are full bodied and maybe earthly but not as heavy bodied as the Indonesian Sumatran coffees or fine aromatic as the Toraja Sulawesi coffee beans. However they are as exotic and classic as the Sulawesi coffees this coffees are wet processed.
Growing of coffee crops in Papua New Guinea
Majority of coffee growing industry in Papua New Guinea is comprised of small scale farmers which are small with coffee left to grow wildly and naturally and only harvested when they are reap for picking. However when it comes to quality and great returns the bigger farms are the dominators. Coffee varieties in Papua New Guinea are varied and the common ones are Blue Mountain, bourbon, Arusha and Caturra.
Factors affecting coffee growing in Papua New Guinea
About 2.5 million Papua New Guinea people depend on the coffee industry. The major problem faced by farmers is the poor transport especially roads which makes the areas less accessible. Danger of thieves stealing the coffee beans before they hit the market since the region is very remote.
Since the coffee growers in Papua New Guinea don’t depend on coffee growing to survive, there is no pressure of engaging in large scale or more specialized and controlled farming. Although the coffee returns being received by farmers are encouraging them to improve on their production and coffee bean processing methods. There is also on going farmer education on how to produce high end and great yields from the coffee to maximize on their returns.
Roasting the Papua New Guinea coffee beans
To get the best from the Papua New Guinea coffee beans do it moderately either using a roast varying from medium dark down to medium. This help in highlighting the flavor of the beans more and maintaining the brightness and lightness of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans.
Best brewing methods
Espresso or French press is the best way of brewing the Papua New Guinea coffees. French press helps to pull the oils of thee coffee beans while highlighting the brighter and fruitier notes of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans. Note the coffees are at their best flavor when freshly roasted and ground for a fresh brew.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Papua New Guinea Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2021-10-21.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.