Papua New Guinea Coffees
Papua New Guinea coffee is aromatic with mellow, composite flavor with a winy taste that makes it outstanding among the world’s coffee. The coffees are heavy bodied with rich fruitier aroma.
Top Papua New Guinea Coffees
- Single Origin
- 2 lb. Bag, Whole Bean
- Coffee is roasted in our environmentally friendly coffee roaster.
- Bold Body, Medium Roast
- Certified Organic
- 100% Arabica
- Full, rich body with hints of spice
- Rich, cocoa finish
- SINGLE ORIGIN - 100% PAPUA NEW GUINEA COFFEE: This Indonesian coffee is cultivated in the rugged mountains of Papua New Guinea around albizza trees. Growing around these trees allow the coffee beans to capture their fruit-like essences to bring out a truly unique flavor.
- CUPPING NOTES: Sweetly acidic with a mild-medium body of complex flavors to create a delicate smoothness to each cup. Flavors of molasses, tangy grapefruit and hazelnut and a subtle fragrance of papaya and mango.
- PROCESSING AND ROAST LEVEL: Beans are wet-processed (or washed), where the fruit covering the beans is removed before they are dried, to ensure a clean taste and bright acidity. Our Papua New Guinea beans are then given a Medium roast by one of Teasia's artisanal roasters.
- FRESH SPECIALTY ROASTED COFFEE: We roast all our beans in small batches using the most advanced (and environmentally friendly) technology available to develop the unique characteristics and flavor profiles of each coffee bean. All freshly roasted beans are packed and sealed within 24 hours to ensure maximum freshness and quality.
- STORAGE AND BREWING: To preserve your beans' fresh roasted flavor for as long as possible, we recommend they be stored in an air-tight container (or very tightly seal the bag it comes in), and keep it at room temperature. Avoid light to compromise the taste of your coffee, keep them in a dark and cool location. For best results, we recommend grinding your Teasia coffee no more than 15 minutes prior to brewing!
- Papua New Guinea Peaberry Coffee displays a pungent, mango and papaya fruitiness in the aroma with a clean full-bodied flavor.
- Seedlings are from Jamaican Blue Mountain that recall the original flavor.
- Medium roasted whole beans allowing the true flavor characteristic to come through for a remarkable taste.
- 100% Customer Satisfaction Guaranteed
- The Perfect Medium Roast - Our Papua New Guinea coffee's roast profile brings out the boldness of a dark roast and the lighter notes of a light roast to give it the perfect body and flavor that these top 1% coffee beans can provide.
- Certified Organic - Many coffees are sprayed with harmful pesticides. We commit to only purchasing organic coffee to avoid any contact with harmful pesticides.
- Fairly-Traded - Unless your coffee is fairly-traded, the farmers may not be getting a good rate for their coffee, even though they do the hardest work of planting, maintaining (without pesticides), and harvesting, they often get paid pennies for their work. By purchasing this coffee, you are ensuring that the cycle is sustainable for them.
- Low Acidity - Our Papua New Guinea is grown under the canopy of the rainforest. This causes the coffee to grow slower and develop less acidity than other sun-grown coffees.
- Our 1 Pound Promise - All of our coffees are sold as a pound or by the pound. You won't find 12oz bags of coffee toting around like they are full one-pounders. Make sure before you buy, that you are getting the full pound! And don't be fooled by others bags!
- Coffee is roasted fresh immediately prior to packaging
- Coffee beans are slow-roasted to bring out a fuller, more even flavor
- Whole bean coffee stays fresher longer
- Coffee beans are packaged to ensure optimal freshness
- 100% City Roast Papua New Guinea coffee beans
- 100% Papua New Guinea Kunjin Coffee
- Freshly Roasted Papua New Guinea Beans - Cubico Coffees are roasted in small batches and our roasters sign and date each bag to ensure freshness
- Cupping Notes: Full bodied, mellow aroma, sweet and savory fruit flavor with hints of chocolate, caramel and sugar, followed by a thick syrupy mouthfeel.
- 12oz. Ground Beans - Packaged in bags with a one-way valve to lock in the freshly roasted taste
- Premium Papua New Guinea Ground Coffee - Medium Roasted to preserve the coffee's complex flavors and intense aroma
- 100% High grade arabica coffee
- Green Unroasted Coffee
- 32 Full Ounces
- Direct Trade with Farmers to Ensure Fair Compensation
- Exquisite Papua New Guinea Coffee
- Perfect for at-home coffee roasters.
- High-quality raw unroasted coffee beans.
- Custom roast the coffee to fit your own unique tastes.
- 5 lb. Bag, Single Origin
- Duke University Press
- Paige West
- Publisher: Duke University Press Books
- Edition no. 1112012 (02/10/2012)
- Paperback: 336 pages
- Premium, Single Origin Coffee from the Eastern Highlands in Papua New Guinea
- Comes with 10 Pocket PourOvers in a box
- Anchors to any size mug so you can brew delicious coffee anywhere without the bulky brewing equipment
- Nitro-Flushed for freshness to ensure a great tasting cup of coffee for months
- Single-serve pour over that brews in 1-2 minutes without the clean up of other coffee brewing methods
- TASTING NOTES: Dark chocolate, caramel, and tobacco aromatic flavors combine with full body and gentle acidity. Quite delicious!
- BREW METHOD: Enjoy our hand selected espresso blend from Central America and Papua New Guinea. Don't be shy to drip filter this coffee either!
- FRESH IS BEST: All beans are expertly roasted in Dallas, Tx where we spend much of our time coaxing out the beauty of each bean with our artisan roasting methods. Foil resealable bags lock in freshness.
- BETTER THAN FAIR TRADE: We Direct Trade with our small farmers, visiting the farms to share our coffee expertise, providing ongoing training on growing, harvesting and processing methods to help build sustainable, economically profitable businesses.
- FINEST ARABICA COFFEE IN THE WORLD: Our highly skilled Specialty Coffee farmers selectively produce the finest quality coffee available worldwide. A great cup of coffee always starts with the highest grade premium beans grown with pride.
- FAIR TRADE - USDA CERTIFIED ORGANIC - SINGLE ORIGIN - HIGH ALTITUDE. IF WE COULD MAKE THIS COFFEE ANY HEALTHIER WE WOULD! MEDIUM ROAST. ALSO COMES WITH FREE SPECIAL REPORT CALLED "HOW TO MAKE THE HEALTHIEST CUP OF COFFEE"
- Healthy Coffee Rule #1) Always Go Organic. Why? Because conventional coffee is one of the most heavily treated crops with pesticides, fungicides, and herbicides. One of the many health risks with these chemicals is that they can act as "xenoestrogens" in your body disrupting hormone balance for both men and women.
- Healthy Coffee Rule #2) Coffee Grown At High Altitude Is Better. Why? Because the higher the altitude the coffee is grown at, the denser the bean. You may have heard the term "Strictly Hard Bean" (SHB) which denotes an especially dense, high-altitude coffee. This Peak Performance Organic Coffee grown in the Guatemalan Highlands is a perfect example of this. This higher elevation bean is more dense and thus of a higher quality grade. High Altitude Coffee also tends to have more antioxidants!
- Healthy Coffee Rule #3) Single Origin Coffee Is Better. Why? Because while "Blended" Coffee like a "Breakfast Blend" might sound cool... there's a much higher likelihood that at least one of the bean varieties that went into that blend was contaminated (coffee has been commonly known to be contaminated with energy robbing mold), meaning the entire batch is now contaminated.
- 100% HAPPINESS GUARANTEE - TRY PEAK PERFORMANCE ORGANIC COFFEE COMPLETELY RISK FREE. We are so confident that you will feel the difference and LOVE Peak Performance Coffee, so if you aren't COMPLETELY satisfied for any reason you are completely covered with a 100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE! Simply click the add to cart button at the top of this page to try yours now completely RISK FREE!
- 24-count Package with 2 boxes of 12 K-Cups each. Single Serve Pods, Keurig 2.0 compatible
- Delicious Dark Roast coffee, full bodied, robust and bold, but never bitter
- Premium coffee in convenient single servings with recyclable cups and foil lids
- 100% Arabica coffee blend from Central America & Papua New Guinea
- Alpha Coffee is a military veteran owned and operated company dedicated to offering our customers amazing coffee and giving back to our veterans
- A unique coffee made from the JBM trees
- A clean cup with sweet acidity and a deep, complex flavor
- Grown on Indonesian soil
Papua New Guinea Coffee
An island occupying the half of New Guinea Island is the Papua New Guinea (PNG) nation. The coffees grown here are more popular in the world among the high altitude grown coffee. The area is characterized by very high elevations, rich volcano soil and excellent climate which together make perfect coffee growing environs. The very first coffees in the PNG nation were introduced in the early 19th century. The industry have seen it good and trying moments with the country thriving to be one of the best coffee producer in the world. The country ranks as 17th as the largest coffee exporter in the world.
Papua New Guinea coffee flavor profile
The taste is not predictable. It is usually sweet, floral, mild acidic, apple wine, full bodied and clean bright taste. The after taste is very deep and lowly key. Papua New Guinea coffee aroma is fruitier with papaya and mango notes.
In general the flavor is defined as acidic, brighter and less earthly with and apple winy flavor which makes the coffees really stand out.
Majority of the Papua New Guinea coffee producers are small scale with elevations ranging from 4000 to about 6000 feet above mean sea level. The country grows varied coffee beans and is processed using any method the farmers may prefer. The only uniform characteristic of coffee growing in Papua New Guinea is that the coffees are harvested in the early all the way towards mid-summer and late spring. The beans are typically available in November onwards.
The processing method is mainly through washing though it may vary with different farmers. In the large scale plantations and more established farms the processing method is similar in order to bring out uniform and good quality coffees. The big difference between the coffees from different farms like in small and large scale production highly influences the quality of beans due to inconsistency. For the small farms it is very difficult to determine the quality and flavor while for the large farms this is very controlled and thus the flavors are more stable and the quality well defined.
Coffee growing regions from the Papua New Guinea
The very popular coffee growing region in Papua New Guinea is the region along the single and large mountains situated in the center of the nation. These high elevation provinces are accountable for about 75 percent of the total coffee produced in Papua New Guinea. The areas also produce the majority coffee which is exported to other nations like those in northern America.
This highland coffee growing zone is divided into town major regions highland provinces: Eastern where coffee is mostly grown in Kainantu and Goroka; Western province where coffee is grown on the out ring of mount Hagen town.
A region located between the two provinces also produce some coffee though the beans are low quality and are like the low quality Robusta coffees as opposed to the high grown Arabica trees.
Papua New Guinea Kimel Coffee
This is coffee processed through washing method. It is normally full bodied with a medium and light acidity coupled with strong aroma with chocolate and current hints. It is also known as herbal and wild. The coffee is similar to the blue mountain variety from Jamaica but have a heavy body like the Indonesian beans.
The coffees are grown bordering Jamaica. Medium and medium dark roasting is the best for these coffees to highlight the sparkling acidity.
Arona coffees from Papua New Guinea
They represent one of the revered Papua New Guinea beans with a distinct rich taste with a rich aroma which is well balanced and have fruitier hints. These coffees are full bodied and maybe earthly but not as heavy bodied as the Indonesian Sumatran coffees or fine aromatic as the Toraja Sulawesi coffee beans. However they are as exotic and classic as the Sulawesi coffees this coffees are wet processed.
Growing of coffee crops in Papua New Guinea
Majority of coffee growing industry in Papua New Guinea is comprised of small scale farmers which are small with coffee left to grow wildly and naturally and only harvested when they are reap for picking. However when it comes to quality and great returns the bigger farms are the dominators. Coffee varieties in Papua New Guinea are varied and the common ones are Blue Mountain, bourbon, Arusha and Caturra.
Factors affecting coffee growing in Papua New Guinea
About 2.5 million Papua New Guinea people depend on the coffee industry. The major problem faced by farmers is the poor transport especially roads which makes the areas less accessible. Danger of thieves stealing the coffee beans before they hit the market since the region is very remote.
Since the coffee growers in Papua New Guinea don’t depend on coffee growing to survive, there is no pressure of engaging in large scale or more specialized and controlled farming. Although the coffee returns being received by farmers are encouraging them to improve on their production and coffee bean processing methods. There is also on going farmer education on how to produce high end and great yields from the coffee to maximize on their returns.
Roasting the Papua New Guinea coffee beans
To get the best from the Papua New Guinea coffee beans do it moderately either using a roast varying from medium dark down to medium. This help in highlighting the flavor of the beans more and maintaining the brightness and lightness of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans.
Best brewing methods
Espresso or French press is the best way of brewing the Papua New Guinea coffees. French press helps to pull the oils of thee coffee beans while highlighting the brighter and fruitier notes of the Papua New Guinea coffee beans. Note the coffees are at their best flavor when freshly roasted and ground for a fresh brew.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Papua New Guinea Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-10-19