Best Puerto Rican Coffees in 2020
- 1 Best Puerto Rican Coffees in 2020
- 1.1 Puerto Rican Variety Pack Ground Coffee - 4 Local Favorites in 8 Ounce Bags (Lareno, Rico, Coqui and Crema)
- 1.2 Yaucono Ground Coffee Bagged, 14 Ounce (Pack of 2)
- 1.3 Bold Puerto Rican Coffee Variety Mix - Cafe Borinquen, Cafe Coqui, Cafe Lareno, Cafe Adjuntas (1 - 8oz pack of each)
- 1.4 Puerto Rican Variety Pack Ground Coffee - 4 Local Favorites in 8 Ounces Bags (2 lbs Total)
- 1.5 Cafe Yaucono Original Coffee Beans 2 pounds bag
- 1.6 Café Lareño 14oz Ground Coffee (pack of 4)
- 1.7 Alto Grande Premium Coffee Whole Bean - 2 Lbs (Pack of 1)
- 1.8 Alto Grande Super Premium Coffee Ground 8.8oz (1-Can)
- 1.9 Cafe El Coqui Three Pack (42 ounces)
- 1.10 Café Lareño Ground Coffee Puerto Rican Coffee 2 Bags of 14oz. Each
- 1.11 Puerto Rican Coffee
- 1.11.1 Issues with Puerto Rican Coffee Production
- 1.11.2 Brewing the Puerto Rican coffees
- 1.11.3 Touring Puerto Rican coffee plantation
- 1.11.4 Some of the popular coffee brands from Puerto Rica
- 1.12 Additional Products to View
The Puerto Rican coffee is absolutely high grown and high grade Arabica crops. The coffee is well known for its pleasant acidity with sweet flavor coupled with solid aroma.
- Four of Puerto Rico's favorite coffees.
- One of each: Lareno, Rico, Coqui and Crema
- Convenient 8 Ounce Bags, for a Total of 2 Pounds.
- 100% Puerto Rican Coffee
- Makes a Great Gift for Coffee Lovers.
- Two 14 oz bags of Yaucono ground coffee (28 ounces total)
- Tasting profile: Medium-tasting roast mixed with prime coffee. Smooth, rich and well balanced
- Hand picked beans toasted perfectly and processed to an ultra fine grind giving exquisite taste
- The number 1 coffee choice for most Puerto Rican households for decades
- Por el gustito yo lo se, Yaucono es el mejor cafe (One taste and you will know, the best coffee is Yaucono)
- Bundle of Bold Puerto Rican Coffee Variety
- This bundle includes 8 Ounce Bags of: Cafe Borinquen, Cafe El Coqui, Cafe Lareno, Cafe Adjuntas
- Makes a Great Gift for Bold Coffee Lovers.
- Try some of the island's bold coffees today!
- 100% Ground Puerto Rican Coffee
- Includes Cafe Rico, Cafe Crema, Cafe Yaucono And Cafe Coqui In Convenient 8 Ounce Bags
- Includes Two 5 Gram Envelopes Of Sason Accent Seasoning
- 4 Local Favorites With A Smooth Aroma And Strong Flavor
- Perfect Gift For The Coffee Lover!
- Coffee Beans
- Regular Coffee
- Since 1896
- Coffee From Puertoo Rico
- Roasted Coffee
- 14oz ground coffee bags
- 4 Bags per order
- Alto Grande, the coffee of Popes and Kings, elevates your coffee experience with an extraordinary aroma and intensity. Known as "the very best" because of its unique Arabica beans grown in ideal soil and climate conditions and processed to the most exact standards
- Tasting profile: Experts enthusiastically describe it as a “rare and exotic Puerto Rican coffee with full body chocolate undertones and a sweet pointed aroma"
- 100 percent Arabica Super Premium Whole Bean Coffee - 2 Pound Bag
- Acclaimed in the Royal Courts of Europe and the Vatican in Rome, The Hacienda Alto Grande has been producing one of the world’s finest coffees since the early 19th century
- Imported from Puerto Rico
- Alto Grande, the coffee of Popes and Kings, elevates your coffee experience with an extraordinary aroma and intensity. Known as "the very best" because of its unique Arabica beans grown in ideal soil and climate conditions and processed to the most exact standards.
- Tasting profile: Experts enthusiastically describe it as a "rare and exotic Puerto Rican coffee with full body chocolate undertones and a sweet pointed aroma."
- 100% Arabica Super Premium Ground Coffee - 8.8 Ounce Canister
- Acclaimed in the Royal Courts of Europe and the Vatican in Rome, The Hacienda Alto Grande has been producing one of the world’s finest coffee since the early 19th century.
- Puertorican best flavor, aroma and quality coffee
- 2 Bags of 14 ounces each of Cafe Lareno
- 100% Pure Ground Puerto Rican Coffee
- Includes 2 Envelopes of Sason Accent Seasoning
- Come have a taste of coffee from the mountains of the rain forest!
Puerto Rican Coffee
Puerto Rico has been one of the countries in America producing best quality coffee beans. The country is characterized by very rich and fertile volcanic soils coupled with very conducive climate that provide one of the very best coffee growing conditions. Coffee crops were first introduced in the country in the 18th century when it was under Spanish government. The country began exporting the coffees late in the 19th century. The mountain city of Puerto Rico, Yauco is revered for coffee production and its coffee is known as the coffee of the city.
Issues with Puerto Rican Coffee Production
However, coffee is not among the top Puerto Rican exports due to political issues and the fact that coffee production is very costly. But still the city coffee from Yauco and Alto Grande coffees are among the best and premium coffees from the country. Alto Grande is even referred as a super-premium coffee meaning it is the very best globally.
Coffee production in Puerto Rica gives rise to Jibaros some folks of the agrarian mountain who have been a symbol of that working class the country. They worked in the country’s rich haciendas coffee plantations and sang songs which are still famous in the nation today.
Brewing the Puerto Rican coffees
Basically 3 major ways are used to serve Puerto Rican coffee: cafe con leche, Cortadito and espresso. Cafe Americano is another option though less popular. Cafe con leche is made by pouring steamed milk into hot Puerto Rican espresso coffee. Most of the Puerto Rican coffee recipes for cafe con leche consist of whole milk combination and gently cooked half-half skillet. It mainly involve a huge milk pour served with coffee on a large cup.
While Cortadito is a mixture of the Puerto Rican coffee with several steamed milk table spoons and is very similar to the Cuban serving. It is like an espresso with steamed milk as an added layer. Puerto Rican coffee espresso is very similar to the Italian one and is made using an espresso coffee making machine. The coffee is best taken as black coffee brew. In Puerto Rica espresso is called Pocillo locally a name derived from the small coffee cups used for serving espresso.
Touring Puerto Rican coffee plantation
Coffee farms/plantations in Puerto Rica are a tourist attraction where a number of companies in the country have taken the initiative to take people for visiting in the farms. The plantations give very good scenarios. The most known companies are legends, Acampa and country side tours. These companies take individuals to have adventurous fun in the interior of the nation. When people visit the plantation they usually have a few cups of the Puerto Rican coffee.
Some of the popular coffee brands from Puerto Rica
This brand is got from coffees grown in the Lares zone in Puerto Rica. Though the coffee in this plantations were highly effected by extreme hurricanes that hit the region, the farm still stand and offer one of the very best coffee beans not only in the country but also in the world.
These plantations are found in the south coast of Puerto Rica and out of ponce. It was founded in the early 20th century. The coffee is high grown and was once the Vatican’s favorite. It was exported all over the world then and it is still among the world’s bestselling coffees.
Kosher coffees (Di Laris)
The first from Di Laris Island was grown close to Lares. The coffees are sun dried and then straightway roasted medium to dark roast.
Beside cafe crema and cafe Rico, Youcono is one of the Puerto Rican roasters who control more than about seventy percent of the total countries production. In case the production of the country cannot meet the current demand these companies imports coffees from the neighboring countries. The Youcono coffee is popular with the locals where they usually prefer it served with some cinnamon, brown sugar and some steamed milk.
Cafe Crema coffees
Like the cafe Rico it is headquartered in ponce and offers decaffeinated coffees. The caffeine in the Arabica beans is removed though retaining the entire coffee flavor.is is seen as an evening pastry compliment treat.
Rioja Espresso coffees
The coffees from the Rioja Espresso are rally popular for their rich flavor and solid aroma. The roaster was created in around 1940s by Don Ricardo in the area of Santuce. It is usually a dark roast coffee with full body flavor.
El Coqui coffees
The coffee from these roasters is 100 percent Puerto Rican beans. The coffees come from the Rodriguez family who plant, harvest and roast the beans for over about twenty years.
This roaster get coffee harvested in all the Puerto Rican interior and then roast the coffee beans from medium to dark roast. The facility is located in Arecibo. The company also gives hints of health improvement achieved by drinking coffee like diabetes avoidance.
It is coffee production facility by Lester Marin who is devoted in giving his country one of the top end coffees and has been in to the coffee industry for more than 14 years.
The cafe Salome coffee has their motto that rainfall and sunlight gives the coffee cherry a unique ripening. The fruit palate gives the coffee beans pleasant acidity and sweet taste. The bean is picked one by one using hand and it is single origin high quality Arabica beans. The variety of the coffee bean is Caracolillo from the central north region of Puerto Rican agriculture. The coffee is roasted immediately after being hard picked to give it most freshness.
This coffee producer is also located in the Lares area. It was opened by Luis Alcover together with Vilma Rodriguez his wife in the year 1989. It has been a family business since then and has produced fresh roasts to their consumers.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Puerto Rican Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Rated Products - Last Updated on 2020-07-14.
DISCLAIMER: There are affiliate links on this page. This means that at no cost to you, we will receive a small commission if you purchase through our link.