Rwandan coffee beans are known for their high density coupled with sweet, floral taste with hints of lemon and orange and a very rich aroma with citrus notes. The body is creamer and acidity bitter sweet.
Top Rwandan Coffees
- Enjoy the sweet aroma of jasmine offering a glimpse
- Kosher certified
- 100 percent Arabica coffee
- Dark roast
- Pounds of whole bean coffee
- Brand new. Ship from Florida. I ship to all USA APO/FPO and world wide.
- NO BURNED OR BITTER TASTE you usually find in store bought coffee and other popular brands.
- GROWN LIKE NO OTHER: The magic in our coffee is the volcanic soil and High Altitudes of Rwanda.
- CAUTION, DANGEROUSLY ADDICTIVE: 9 out of 10 people who drank our coffee instantly fell in love with it
- BEAUTIFULLY ROASTED TO PERFECTION: Enjoy a soothing taste and Aroma that will exceed your expectations.
- HELP US BREW MORE SMILES: Proceeds of every cup you brew go towards providing education and healthcare for the families of women and farmers of Rwanda.
- Light and bright with smooth citrus notes
- Three 12-ounce bags of whole bean coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Rwanda
- Direct Trade
- Roasted and packed in the Pacific Northwest
- Shown as serving suggestion
- 100% Rwanda Kopakaki Coffee - grown in the Karongi District of western Rwanda.
- Freshly Roasted Rwandan Beans - Cubico Coffees are roasted in small batches and our roasters sign and date each bag to ensure freshness
- Cupping Notes - Full-bodied with notes of black tea and limeade with a winey finish.
- Premium Rwanda Ground Coffee - Medium Roasted to preserve the coffee's complex flavors and intense aroma
- 12 oz. Ground Coffee in a vacuum sealed bag to ensure freshness
- 3 Coffee blends in one box
- 12 ounces of premium ground coffee in each bag
- Medium roast, Medium-Dark Roast, and Dark Roast
- Ethically and sustainably sourced 100% Arabica coffee beans
- A unique combination of flavors to revitalize your senses
- Blonde roast whole coffee beans, (Organic) Fresh without oil on beans not stale with oil from sitting on the shelf.
- Grown and Harvested in Rwanda!
- Locally Roasted in Portland Maine, USA!
- 50% of Our Profits Back to Farmers!
- Rwanda Bean coffee is roasted in small batches for quality control and freshness!
- Single Serve Cups Smooth And Rich 100% Arabica Beans Chase Away Your Morning Fog With This Delicious Brew A Unique Combination Of Flavors To Revitalize Your Senses Dark Roast Gourmet Rwanda Select Reserve
- Value Gourmet Coffee Single Serve Cups
- Invigorating Taste To Wake You Up and Get You Moving Anytime
- Westrock Coffee is dedicated to treating all people with respect, and establishing trust and economic sustainability throughout our full sourcing process. We use beans that are 100% Rainforest Alliance Certified.
- Works With Keurig Coffee Makers (excluding Vue)
- Smooth And Rich 100% Arabica Beans Chase Away Your Morning Fog With This Delicious Brew A Unique Combination Of Flavors To Revitalize Your Senses Rwanda Select Reserve Ground.
- Value Gourmet Coffee Compared to Starbucks Ground Coffee.
- Sustainably Sourced Coffee.
- Full-bodied Coffee Boasts The Rich Flavor Of Smoky Cedar With Hints Of Black Currant.
- Super dark roast captures the strongest attributes of Rwandan coffee
- Full-bodied taste flows from every cup, smooth flavor of cedar and hints of black currant
- Best value for 80 count pack pods, perfect for a family or office, top quality
- Passionate pursuit of premium coffee westrock coffee is dedicated to treating all people with respect
- Perfect for all Keurig brewing systems, compatible with any single serve brewer (excluding vue)
- Signature Blend, Direct Trade, Whole Bean, Specialty 100% Arabica Coffee
- Dark roast profile with cupping notes of Bold/Smooth/Sweet
- Full body cup with hints of vanilla and a sweet, syrupy smokiness, with a smooth, bold finish.
- Certifications: 100% USDA Organic, Non-GMO verified, Kosher
- Consciously sourced working directly with small, certified organic farmers in Latin America who are quality inspected by the Mayorga team, who visit & collaborate at points of origin during each harvest
- Medium-dark roasted Arabica beans captures the strongest attributes of specialty coffee. Handpicked, then roasted to medium-dark, to get a rich complex flavor creating the perfect roast
- Our premium African coffee is roasted to preserve the coffee’s complex flavors that boasts a Sweet and nutty flavors
- Our best-tasting coffee for your single-serve brewing systems (compatible with most single serve brewers)
- Westrock Coffee maximizes flavor and provides a richer and more full-bodied taste you will love to the last drop. Best value for 80 count cups, perfect for a family or office
- Ethically and sustainably sourced means every cup you drink helps give back to the farmers that grow it
- Product Name: Maxim Mocha Gold Mild Coffee Mix
- Ingredients: Coffee, Sugar, Non-Dairy Creamer
- NET WT.: 1.2Kg (12G x 100 pks)
- Product of Korea
- MICRO LOT SINGLE-ORIGIN COFFEE: Rwanda Single Origin Farm Gate medium roast coffee beans. An incredibly vibrant boutique of aromatics and smooth full body flavor!
- VIBRANT TASTE PROFILE: Rich caramel, brown sugar, honeyed sweetness, ginger snap
- QUALITY SOURCED BEANS: We profile each lot of Organic, Fair Trade, or Farm Gate Coffee Beans (grade 1). If it doesn't meet our high standards, it is not used.
- SMALL BATCH ROASTERS: Our premium coffee beans are artfully roasted in small batches to ensure fresh delivery of recent roasts. This gives us full control of the profile and creates a bold, smooth, flavorful coffee.
- WICKED GOOD GUARANTEED: We're as tired of bland, low-quality coffee as you are. So if for any reason you're not satisfied with our imported, high-end coffee beans, just let us know within 30 days for a full refund. Order our micro lot single origin coffee today, and taste the difference for yourself!
- Light roast coffee with delicate flavor and citrus notes
- One 12-ounce bag of whole bean coffee
- 100% Arabica coffee grown in Rwanda
- Direct Trade, single-origin coffee
- Roasted and packed in the U.S.A.
- Shown as a serving suggestion
Coffee beans from Rwanda are among the most sought beans in the world. The coffee has both an exciting and interesting taste and history. The country is very small besides being landlocked and is located in eastern Africa not far from the popular coffee growing countries; Kenya and Ethiopia. Coffee was first introduced in Rwanda in the 1900s. Initially the coffee was in large quantity with a great lack of quality. Low graded coffee was most grown especially in the colonial government era before gaining independence in the mid of the 20th century.
Rwanda also suffered political turmoil which left the country almost in shreds greatly affecting the coffee industry. A national strategy on coffee reinvention was one of the factors which helped Rwandan coffee industry recover and start producing high end coffee beans. Just in about 20 years the country has turned to be among the 330 best coffee producing nations. Most of Rwandan coffee producers are small scale.
Coffee growing regions and conditions
Most of Rwandan coffee is high grown and the altitudes vary from about 4000 to 6500 feet above mean sea level which is perfect condition for growing good quality beans. 95 percent of the coffee bean in Rwanda is the high grade bourbon coffees. Local coffee growing seasons is around September and October where this continues up to march to July which is the harvesting periods.
Processing the Rwandan coffee beans
The general method for processing coffee in Rwanda is through wet processing. The country has invested a lot of time and effort not to forget a lot of resources to establish communal coffee washing facilities around the country.
The small scale coffee growers are not capable for creating washing stations individually like those of large estates across the world. This is due to the fact that the coffee growers in Rwanda do not specialize in coffee growing alone but other agriculture activities also like the food crops. For this reason the establishment of society coffee washing stations has aided the farmers in decent coffee washing stations helping to improve the yields and the grade of coffee.
Tasting and flavor of the Rwandan coffee
The Rwandan coffee tastes and flavors vary greatly though there are some common tasting elements. Rwandan coffee is basically silky in touching, creamed body, and buttery and rich in flavor. The coffees are also floral tasting with citrus and fruity flavors topped up by mild savory notes.
The floral notes are characterized by the Ethiopian notes like the cinnamon, cloves, caramel sugar, nutty and other fruity and spicy notes. The acidity is bright and strong and is both sour and sweet owing to the high altitudes and climate. Rwandan acidity in coffee is almost similar like that in Kenyan beans.
To top it up the taste of the Rwanda coffee is a mixture of berry, redcurrant, fruity with floral taste. The aroma has citrus notes especially lemon and orange. The undertones are white chocolate rich with caramel.
Coffee growing regions in Rwanda
There are very many varying coffee growing regions in Rwanda though some got more weight than others. The capital city, Kigali and the Rwandan western part are both packed with coffee plantations. These two regions are the heart of coffee growing in Rwanda.
In the east of the nation is the region around Kivu Lake where coffee is grown. The varieties of coffee grown in this exceptional rich and fertile environment are also outstanding. The coffee crops are grown is high grown and tends to delicacy and it is also composite with a flavor that have cherry, lime, cocoa and sweet orange hints. The coffee is best served as espresso or drip brewed.
Brewing the Rwanda coffee
The best method for brewing the delicate and gently flavored Rwandan coffee is through pour over, filtering or drip brewing. The method used should be able to highlight the rich flavor of the beans without overdoing it. Immersion methods for example the French press makes the coffee too intense for your likening. Using a more gentle method to brew the Rwandan coffee brings out the citrus and floral flavors well without over extracting them.
The other reason that makes the Rwandan coffee favorable for pour over is the reason that they are grind smoothly and fine and thus suitable for using a chemex filter or a dripping method. This method draws all the favors well without being extra strong for your taste like the immersion method would do.
Roasting the Rwandan coffee the most perfect way
Beans from the high grown Rwanda region are very dense and requires a lot of heating. Less heat will simply just bake them. Light roasting best highlights the fruitier and acidic flavor what most people may like to go with. However city roasting or dark roast will do the beans justice by highlighting its best qualities and giving them a nutty smoke taste without ruining them.
Where to get the most quality coffee beans from Rwanda
The sweet Maria’s Rwanda beans are usually un-roasted / green beans and gives you total knowledge on how to go about making the best coffee cup from the Rwandan beans. The beans are usually referred to as karongi gitesi. Other places include amazon for Rwandan blends and green beans and Rwandan Bean Company for single origin beans.
The state of coffee production in Rwanda
With political crises in the 90s living the industry almost down, the coffee growers in Rwanda worked hard in the beginning of the 21st century to ensure the industry thrives again. The infrastructures were destroyed, coffee cheap and the quantity and quality was much poorer.
Today the country consist of more than 500 000 small scale coffee farmers who produce one of the good quality coffees in the world. Government effort to establish washing stations that are more advanced, communal facilities have added value to the country’s coffees.
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Rwandan Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-10-19