Sulawesi coffee especially from Toraja is gives a high end cup of coffee with heavy body, sweet taste, caramel aroma and clean/crisp undertones.
Top Sulawesi Coffees
- Keurig & Keurig 2.0 compatible
- 100% High Grade Arabica Coffee
- Freshly Roasted and Packaged
- Small Batch Roasted
- Strong, Bold With Low Acidity Coffee
- 🐘 INCREDIBLY DISTINCTIVE - Unique in every sense of the word and naturally refined by elephants, Black Ivory Coffee features notes of chocolate, tamarind, spice, a hint of grass and without the bitterness associated with regular coffee. Coffee connoisseur or not, you will love the taste of every sip!
- 🐘 PURE INDULGENCE - Black Ivory Coffee only makes its way to select five-star hotels due to the high demand and scarcity of the supply. However, we do not stock any inventory, we roast weekly so when we receive your order you are guaranteed to obtain fresh coffee delivered at your door.
- 🐘 ETHICAL SOURCING - Local villagers as well as students of the local high school get the benefit of every order you make, earning a day's worth of wages in just 15 minutes of work. The money earned generally tends to support aging parents, health expenses, school fees, food, clothing and education.
- 🐘 ENLIVENS CONVERSATION - Bring back the days to when there was more to an afternoon conversation than just a pair of smartphones. Each decadent brew of our gourmet coffee will put a time stamp on memorable occasions. A gift that is sure to please any coffee enthusiast.
- 🐘 SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY - Based in Ban Taklang, Thailand, we support the Golden Triangle Asian Elephant Foundation. They educate the children of elephant care-giving families on the plight of wild elephants in Thailand and on the issue of human elephant conflict. Children travel to a national park where for the first time in their life they see elephants in the wild. For most, this also represents the first trip outside of their village.
- Super Fresh / Premium Coffee / Roasted To Order Coffee - 6 Bags/8 oz Each - Customer Favorites Combo
- Sumatra - Sulawesi Toraja - Bali Blue Moon - Java Dutch Estate - Papua New Guinea - Nepal Pahadi
- Standard Roast Is Med-Dark /Whole Bean - (Or Message At Checkout For A Different Roast Level)
- State Of The Art Coffee Roasters - Highly Developed Precise Roasting Profiles For Each Roast Level
- Roasted For Maximum Sweetness / Flavor Nuance (Unique Bean Taste Notes) In Cup - At Each Roast Level
- We are Micro Roasters which means we roast in small batches to seal in the flavor and we ship that same day.
- We work with Fair Trade Organizations
- We roast all of our beans American roast unless specified. If you would like another roast just let us know!
- We Ground Upon Request, No Additional Charge!
- Contact us if you would like a bag size that is not listed!
- Prime Video
- COMPLEX FLAVOR YOU WILL LOVE - 100% Arabica Whole Bean Coffee with a Medium to full body has a deep fruity flavor. Perfect for all brewing methods including Pour Over, French Press, Espresso Machine, Turkish, Cold Brew or a Traditional Drip Coffee Maker
- NO BITTER AFTERTASTE - Our coffee is roasted perfectly to bring out the natural flavors of the bean, without over roasting/burning the bean avoiding the dreaded bitter aftertaste.
- HIGH ALTITUDE, HIGH FLAVOR COFFEE - Grown at 6233 feet above sea level, our coffee beans are dense and flavorful, just the right amount of acidity to give it a fresh crisp taste and keep a smooth flavor.
- FRESH ARRIVAL GUARANTEE - Oxygen is the enemy of freshness, and our triple layered aluminium packaging keeps oxygen out. If your bag tastes stale, contact us within 7 days of arrival and we'll replace it.
- CONSISTENT FLAVOR - Our roasting process is a mix of traditional cupping by master roasters combined with scientific sampling with a roast profile to ensure each batch maintains the same consistent flavor you've grown accustomed to.
- ENJOY DELICIOUSLY FRESH COFFEE - You pay a premium for quality beans, so respect them. You wouldn't park a Ferrari in a dark alley or tie a racehorse up outside a bar. So why leave quality coffee in a packet that belongs in the trash? This premium quality, stainless steel container looks the bees knees and loves your coffee like a taxi driver loves a naive tourist.
- SAFE FROM FLAVOR DESTROYERS - Coffee beans naturally emit CO2. But when it comes to storing coffee, CO2 is the enemy. We won't bore you with the science, but take it from us; CO2 to coffee is like salt to a slug, de-icer to a cat or kryptonite to Superman. This canister has a one-way valve which allows Co2 to leave but stops air and light from entering and attacking flavor.
- TRACK FRESHNESS: SAVE DOLLARS - The airtight Coffee Gator Canister protects your investment. It has a handy wheel on the lid to track the expiry date. So you can serve guests coffee at it's prime, reduce waste and save on replacing stale beans and grinds. We even throw in a free eBook & scoop worth $7.97.
- DRINK BETTER COFFEE - our mission is more smiles per cup. That's why we NEVER compromise on quality, service or your happiness. If these values are not important to you, cheaper options on the market may better fit your needs.
- LIMITED OFFER PRICE: Get your hands on all this while the pricing gods are smiling on you. By now, most discerning, good looking, coffee drinkers will have already clicked "Add to Cart". But if you need more convincing, we offer a 100% satisfaction, money back guarantee on all Coffee Gator products (no annoying, nosey questions asked).
- High-quality raw unroasted coffee beans
- Coffee beans are packaged to ensure optimal freshness
- Roast the coffee to fit your own unique tastes
- Perfect for at-home coffee roasters
- This unroasted blend closely resembles Jamaican Blue Mountain without the cost
- Great Cuban coffee in just minutes.
- Rich and aromatic like fresh percolated.
- Will stay fresh, buy this 2 pack and save.
- Add to hot milk for a delicious Cafe con Leche or cappuccino.
- Economical, goes a long way.
- Danesi Caffe Rome
- 100% Thai Arabic Coffee. Naturally refined by elephants
- World's rarest coffee: 2017 vintage of 265 lbs. Black Ivory Coffee Co. Ltd is the creator and only producer in the world
- Notes of dark chocolate, spice, malt, delicate almost tea-like without the burnt or bitter taste of regular coffee
- 100% Ethical
- 36 lbs of coffee cherries are required to produce 1 lbs of Black Ivory Coffee
- Great aroma while whole, while ground, and while brewing. You will want to get out of bed just for the smell of this gourmet coffee. Cupping Notes: chocolatey aroma, bold body, medium acidity, clean sugary finish
- 100% Columbia Huila Speciality Grade fresh roasted coffee. We use organically sourced, rich, smooth, full-bodied whole coffee beans. These exotic raw beans are from Hula's high mountain elevations for great tasting coffee. There are many types of coffee beans, these are the best coffee beans you can get. We use the best organically sourced beans specialty grade beans.
- Artisan roasted fresh to perfection preserving the natural chocolate and sweet favors of the coffee . on our small batch roasters, and roasted immediately prior to packaging. Every bag is consistently the same!
- Fresh, clean tasting, coffee that is bold flavor but smooth. Not bitter with medium acidity. Best choice of gourmet coffee.
- Easy to order Just push the yellow button to order your fresh coffee beans online. They will be delivered to your door for your morning coffee in a resealabe bag.
- 100% Arabica
- Medium roast
- Intense flavor
- FRUITY, BRIGHT FLAVOR The medium bodied, bright espresso boasts the fruity, sweet flavors of tangerine, caramel, cherry, and mild lemon with a hint of natural sugar.
- HIGH CAFFEINE CONTENT Wake up with a medium roast cappuccino awesome espresso beans!
- FAIRLY TRADED This blend combines coffee beans from Kenya and Central America. Sourced Farmer Direct Fairly
- ARTISAN Eye Cracker Espresso is artisan roasted by hand in small batches right here in the USA.
- RE-SEALABLE BAG Store your espresso coffee and keep it fresh with the Iconic Koffee Kult bags, valve seal zip-top bag.
- Dutch Coffee
- Freeze-Dried instant coffee
The Sulawesi Island, initially called Celebes is among the best coffee producer areas in the country of Indonesia and the world as whole. Most of the Sulawesia’s coffees come from Toraja a region to the south of the island. Mountains of sesean bisect the region. Coffee beans grown east of Sesean Mountains goes to the minaga town market while that to the goes to Sapan traditionally. Coffees from the two markets, basically the best beans, are known as Sapan-Minaga today.
Quality of Sulawesi coffees
The region produces high grown coffees which is one of the best and cleanest plus the finest Indonesian coffees. The coffees are characterized by syrupy body and light acidity. The coffee is not earthly complex. The coffee is very dense owing to the fact that it is high grown, up to 2000 meters above sea level. For this reason the coffee beans sits well to dark roasting without destroying their flavor and also can be Vienna roasted. The coffees are harvested in May to November season and is typically available in around august towards November.
Coffee growing in Sulawesi
Sulawesi is a major coffee growing region in Indonesia. The method for processing this coffee is mostly through the dry method.
The most popular coffee in Sulawesi is that grown in Toraja. The coffee is usually grown in the highlands around the island center with altitudes of about 1500 meters above mean sea level. Traditional practices are used to grow coffee and most plantations are small scale plantations owned privately.
The coffee is hand picking from harvesting to sorting out. This contributes to the high quality of coffees grown in Toraja. Only the ripe and quality cherries are handpicked. This method of coffee harvesting is mostly used owing to the steep terrain in which the coffees are grown and the hap hazardous planted coffee crops which contributes to the 300 kilogram of coffee harvested per hectare. The coffees Arabica from this region have are characterized by distinct elements including the caramel aroma, full body, clean and crisp aftertaste. The Island soils and surrounding vegetation contributes partly to the awesome taste.
The scarcity of the coffee annually makes it the high end quality coffees which are sought out by many globally. The coffee is most revered in japan. Supply of Toraja coffee suffers a limited supply due to the harsh conditions and farming methods. The best grades of the regions coffee are usually exported.
Picking begins when the coffee cherries start turning red in color. Small scale farmers usually practice handpicking while the larger estates use strip picking machinery to harvest the coffees. Hand picking method is preferred by most people since only the wells ripen and defect free coffee berries are picked. The beans stay for about two days before undergoing further processing.
To process the green coffees the cherries have to undergo further processing. Most of the Toraja coffees are processed through dry processing where the process takes numerous weeks. Dry processing involves drying the beans under the sun outdoors. The coffee is either dried by road sides on sacks or over concreted floors. The beans are usually less than five centimeters high when drying and are turned regularly to ensure maximum moisture needed achievement. Having the coffees rained on is not an option as the drying process and the quality of the coffees may be compromised.
The pulp is normally removed when the outer peel of the bean start falling off. The beans are dried to about eleven percent moisture content. Machinery mulching is done to the coffees though most of them are operated manually using hands. Product of this method is usually about one third the original coffees cherry. Coffees from this method mostly are complex with sweet, heavy bodied, smooth and fine taste.
Roasting Sulawesi coffees
The whole idea of roasting is making the green beans aromatic and brown ready for grounding to produce a favorite brew. The beans are kept in motion throughout the roasting period to stop them from getting burnt. Beans not roasted enough have a nutty and pasty taste. Over roasted coffees are thin in body, industrial flavored and burnt.
Since most coffee producers do not own roasting facilities in Sulawesi, they entrust the process to other roasters. The fact that you cannot compare the coffees before and after roasting to see if there are the same, the producers closely inspect the process to ensure that the beans are not exchanged with some inferior coffees. Some unethical roasters have replaced the farmers coffee with lower quality beans or mix the coffees with corn whish look similar after roasting.
Brewing the Sulawesi coffees
To achieve the best in Sulawesi coffees, absolutely two table spoons are recommended for 180 grams of water. The beans are best ground before brewing. You can also roast the coffees just before brewing to achieve the most from the coffees. Fine ground coffees taste more than roughly ground coffees. This for instance may overly extract the caffeine or the bitter taste of coffee especially when Powderly grid. The beans are recommended to be finely grid so as not to pass through the filters but not extremely ground. This is economy when at the same time it gives you most suitable flavor. Use of hot water, not boiled or lukewarm is the best method to brew the Sulawesi coffee.
Methods for brewing coffee
Coffee press- this is similar and an advancement of the tradition open pot brewing. The method consist of pouring hot water to coarse grid coffee and allow the coffee steep for about 4 good minutes. Meshed filter is then down pushed towards the pot’s bottom. This coffee is better flavored than the coffee brewed through dripping due to the reason that the filters add their own taste and remove the subtle flavors.
Other methods are espresso and drip brewers. Espresso is very famous with baristas in espresso and cappuccino making for commercial / coffee shops
CoffeeCupNews delivers the top Sulawesi Coffee with daily refreshed reviews and lists of the top selling and rated products. Don’t read old reviews, ours are current and relevant.
Amazon Best Seller Products List Last Updated on 2019-10-20